Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want android and i only need bump python to this another fork to use krypton addons, i only need know which files need to move, please help me

in windows was easy, move dll and lib folders to system/python but idk which folders on android pleasee

On windows i followed that thread, and works ok, but i cant find that folders on android

Thanks 4 all
    Last edited by pepecop; 03-18-2019, 17:50.

Comment

I would like to know if there is some project for AMCODEC on KODI 18 mediacenter.

FTMC 16.2.31 is my best option for now because it use DB v17 and works well...

I use new "test video"(24fps/25fps, h265/h264, 1080p/720p, subtitles):
      SPMC-17.6a2-ed022ef: problem with 720p video AND subtitles
      SPMC-17.6a1-2a41374: problem with subtitles
      SPMC-17.4rc1-5e3c0fc: problem with some hevc video (720p and 1080p)
      [sometime the video stay black... sometime after a forward seek you have to do a backward seek... sometime the video never start again... I have to restart the device !!!]

SPMC 16.x use db v16 so i don't like it...

Now I use also KODI 18.x only for what not work on FTMC
      and for smb folder (when I move files on smb directory, with FTMC it copy&delete in many minutes, with KODI18 it really move in 1 second)

Comment

• mo123
        mo123 commented
        Editing a comment
        If your device doesn't support MediaCodec or LibreELEC, it's time to get a new device. No one is making custom Kodi's anymore for devices with broken firmwares.

Try to use NFS shares instead of SMB, works much faster. There are several guides in Kodi forum for it.

well,
      in theory I agree with you

THEN

-I have a new device with S905X2
      -with my "old" device I used LibreElec, but with this new one there is no LibreElec (YET)
      -it support mediacodec, but with audio passthrough KODI18 have video stuttering on 24fps movie , with FTMC or SPMC 24fps works better, but I have problem with 25fps tvshow...

NOW

I see that AMCODEC works well (it is enabled in some AndroidTV Roms that are in this Forum)

So AndroidTV+AMCODEC ON in FTMC and the video works well, 24fps, 25fps, h264/h265 , etc... OK

So, I'm waiting for LibreElec for S905X2, meanwhile I work with what I have...
      FTMC works better that other mediacenter, but is old... so, I make the question.

P.S.
      Samba with this S905X2 work well...
      In KODI18 I transfer file on 20/30 MB/sec

But like I say, in FTMC and old KODI version when I move the movie, it copy+delete and make it slower...
      KODI18 correct this and when you move a movie, it move in 1 seconds!

Thanks

Comment

First off, I like to begin by giving out a big shout out of praise to the devs of FTMC. Have been using it for 2 years on every version of boxes I have. Has been running absolutely flawlessly!

My opinion is FTMC runs so much better and faster than even Kodi 18.0, everything just pops so fast with no waiting of working wheel like Kodi 18.0.

Only problem I have now is.. I just bought a new Android box running 9.0. My build still runs great except for the fact when my build first loads I am now getting this error box. However, it is not effecting my build from still running flawlessly? .... Also will there ever be a fork of KODI 18.0 just like FTMC for 16.0/17.0?

Click image for larger version  Name:	png Views:	3 Size:	152.0 KB ID:	776125
        Last edited by blueslydog; 06-17-2019, 22:03.

Comment

• mo123
          mo123 commented
          Editing a comment
          FTMC is discontinued and it's also not compatible with Android 9.
          Most Kodi addons also just work with Kodi 18 now that uses updated Python.
          There are so many Android devices that run Kodi 18 flawless now, custom Kodi apps are not needed anymore.

Thanks for your reply m0123... However I will tend to disagree with you regarding FTMC not compatible with Android 9. FTMC has been running flawlessly running my build on my new Android box running Android 9. Though it is outdated and not supported any longer I still find superior to Kodi 17.6 and Kodi 18.0. I have been running FTMC on every one of my boxes from Android 4.2, 6.0. 8.0 to present 9.0, and FTMC still rocks in my books! :-)

Have spent the last few hours experimenting using my build in kodi 18.2, 17.6 on all my boxes going back to Android 5.0, including my newest 2 boxes, one running Allwinner H6 4-32GB and X96 Max 4-64GB running S905X2. Also have a box running S912... after hours of playing around I find Kodi 17.6-18.2 very slow and laggy (having to wait 2-4 seconds for the working wheel to load) compared to FTMC. With FTMC and my build very seldom do you ever see the working wheel while loading, everything just pops (very snappy) immediately and plays with no buffering at all! So the latest greatest software isn't always the best I guess.

Only issue I am having is the native library box that pops up for a second and goes away, doesn't effect anything to do with performance though. Even get the box popping up when I install latest Kodi on my new boxes running Android 8 and 9. Still can't figure that one out. I get Kodi directly from their site?

Comment

• mo123
          mo123 commented
          Editing a comment
          Things like audio passthrough, auto frame-rate switching and certain proprietary video codecs were hardcoded into FTMC(Rockchip & Amlogic versions) and are not compatible with newer Android OS's than Nougat. But if you don't use those things then everything else might still work okay.

Hi . i use FTMC with my samsung tab 3.8 ,android 4,4,2 , it works fine but has black bars right and left(in external display only) because it is 1280x800. In order to bypass this i must use as external player vlc which fills automatically in 16:9 displays. Has anyone managed to do so , and if yes pls send me the playercorefactory.xml file ? Thanks in advance

Comment

This gives new life to my old rk3229 box. This box runs really slow, but I checked the specs and it seems to cover a lot of formats properly, including 10-bit H264. This runs much smoother than other players I've tried. Some options aren't available though.

Rockchip's wiki claimed that the RK3229 could decode 2160p H264 [email protected], but I could only get it to play High-10@L5 files at 1080p, because at [email protected] it only shows me a black screen with audio playing. I don't really have any 2160p files to test further, and not like anyone would, seems a lot of people I talk to say that H264 10-bit isn't standard, so everyone else refer to H265 10-bit. Though it might be the reference frames too... some High-10@L5 files with 4, [email protected] with 16.

My Mi Box S though is weird. It's able to play [email protected], but technically it shouldn't be able to. When it does though, some artifacts can be seen, but better than the slideshow from official Kodi/VLC/MX Player.
          Last edited by auxillium; 10-15-2019, 09:44.

Comment

Originally posted by auxillium View Post
            This gives new life to my old rk3229 box. This box runs really slow, but I checked the specs and it seems to cover a lot of formats properly, including 10-bit H264. This runs much smoother than other players I've tried. Some options aren't available though.

Rockchip's wiki claimed that the RK3229 could decode 2160p H264 [email protected], but I could only get it to play High-10@L5 files at 1080p, because at [email protected] it only shows me a black screen with audio playing. I don't really have any 2160p files to test further, and not like anyone would, seems a lot of people I talk to say that H264 10-bit isn't standard, so everyone else refer to H265 10-bit. Though it might be the reference frames too... some High-10@L5 files with 4, [email protected] with 16.

My Mi Box S though is weird. It's able to play [email protected], but technically it shouldn't be able to. When it does though, some artifacts can be seen, but better than the slideshow from official Kodi/VLC/MX Player.
            Do you have any 4k H264 10-bit samples?
            All files I tested that were 10-bit H264 l5.1 worked perfect on my RockPi 4 and Edge RK3399 Android Pie devices with Android Kodi and LibreELEC.

The Mibox doesn't have any 10-bit H264 decoder so everything will play with very high CPU usage with stutters and dropped frames.

10-bit H264 is also working fine in Kodi on the HPH NT-N8 RK3229.

I think you bought a no name device and the manufacture never released any firmware update.
            Most likely Youtube will also not work on your device and freeze since it's also a bug that was fixed recently.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Do you have any 4k H264 10-bit samples?
              All files I tested that were 10-bit H264 l5.1 worked perfect on my RockPi 4 and Edge RK3399 Android Pie devices with Android Kodi and LibreELEC.

The Mibox doesn't have any 10-bit H264 decoder so everything will play with very high CPU usage with stutters and dropped frames.

10-bit H264 is also working fine in Kodi on the HPH NT-N8 RK3229.

I think you bought a no name device and the manufacture never released any firmware update.
              Most likely Youtube will also not work on your device and freeze since it's also a bug that was fixed recently.
              No I don't have 4k samples, instead since I had a ton of 1080p content in High-10p, from L3.1 to L5.1 and 3-16 reference frames. Maximum I could go without a black screen was High 10p @L5 with 9 reference frames. Any more reference frames does't show any video at all. I didn't have L5.1 content with less than 10 frames, so I couldn't try. Maybe I'll give vanilla Kodi a try again, but I won't get my hopes up.

For the Mi Box S, I don't get a lot of stutters, but I do get some artifacts during playback. None of the files gave me no video output, other than Hi444p content, which I honestly don't expect from any of the cheap devices I own.

Device is a HUG Ubox, but from the spec sheet it's pretty much identical to an MXQ 4k, so maybe just a rebranded one.

I use Youtube Vanced, it works fine, can select up to 1080p. But again, the device is so slow, and can't even constantly play the video, UI is slow too.
              Last edited by auxillium; 10-17-2019, 08:43.

Comment

Hi superceleron

Thanks for the program. Have been using this for a while now, and it's running great in my old tvbox.

I have question,
                I wanted to modify the upnp file and recompile the source code but not sure the instruction regarding ffmpeg.
                Could you give more details about the instruction below?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please compress RKMC-FFmpeg << Do you mean compress AGAIN the tar.gz downloaded from this page? https://github.com/JamesLinEngineer/...Fmpeg/releases
                $ tar -zcvf ffmpeg-2.8.6-Jarvis-16.0-RK.tar.gz <RKMC-FFmpeg folder>
                And move this file to your configure tarballs folder << Where the tarballs folder located?
                $ mv ffmpeg-2.8.6-Jarvis-16.0-RK.tar.gz <tarballs folder>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or if you would be so kind to recompile one last version with upnp patched from this page. >> https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=330398

Thank you so much for your time.

Btw, I have an older account from 2016, but unable to post using that account.

Comment

Working...
                X