Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTMC crashes and will be closed by try to play HEVC 10bit rk3288 HW accelerated

Hey guys

i own a teclast p90hd android 4.4.2 tablet with rk3288 soc. when i try to play hevc 10bit mkv files (x265 --normal) FTMC crashes and will be closed with active RK HW decoding.
    i don't know which ffmpeg patch i have to use there is only one rk3288 android 5 patchh folder.

Can someone help me please?
    Last edited by VincAlastor; 11-14-2016, 15:15.

Comment

Does RKcodec support hardware deinterlacing on RK3288?

Comment

Originally posted by VincAlastor View Post
        FTMC crashes and will be closed by try to play HEVC 10bit rk3288 HW accelerated

Hey guys

i own a teclast p90hd android 4.4.2 tablet with rk3288 soc. when i try to play hevc 10bit mkv files (x265 --normal) FTMC crashes and will be closed with active RK HW decoding.
        i don't know which ffmpeg patch i have to use there is only one rk3288 android 5 patchh folder.

Can someone help me please?
        FTMC/RKMC only works on Lollipop firmware not KitKat correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by gbr View Post
          Does RKcodec support hardware deinterlacing on RK3288?
          Yes, if you have the correct firmware installed for RK3288.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

FTMC/RKMC only works on Lollipop firmware not KitKat correctly.
            oh, thank you for answer. i can't understand why, because the most devices with rk3288 and rk3229 soc's are still on android 4.4, even known manufacturers like ugoos or zidoo selling rk3288/rk3229 KK devices (besides some OTA update, they never do android updates).

I don't want to produce too much rubbish and hope you will give theese devices a longer lifetime.

Hope i can support you for that.

Comment

Originally posted by VincAlastor View Post

oh, thank you for answer. i can't understand why, because the most devices with rk3288 and rk3229 soc's are still on android 4.4, even known manufacturers like ugoos or zidoo selling rk3288/rk3229 KK devices (besides some OTA update, they never do android updates).

I don't want to produce too much rubbish and hope you will give theese devices a longer lifetime.

Hope i can support you for that.
              All Ugoos RK3368, RK3288 devices are on Lollipop and they release several updates on their blog, ugoos.net/blog, you just need to search.
              Zidoo I think stays on the same Android OS because of OTA updates to not break it, but their rk3229 looks like it was abandoned in favour of other products sadly.
              There are rk3229 even with MM firmware already.
              Rockchip makes the latest OS available to all manufacturers but most tend not to update and rather sell a brand new device with new OS.

For Rockchip tablets there are lots of LP & MM firmwares here - http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/
              But I couldn't find any LP for your tablet sadly.
              You can maybe search in this Spanish Teclast forum - http://www.htcmania.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1638

Kodi 17 will also only support Lollipop firmware not KitKat anymore, so it is recommended to find some LP firmware soon or you need to get a new device perhaps, otherwise a lot of things are not going to work correctly any more.

Comment

All Ugoos RK3368, RK3288 devices are on Lollipop and they release several updates on their blog, ugoos.net/blog, you just need to search.
                Zidoo I think stays on the same Android OS because of OTA updates to not break it, but their rk3229 looks like it was abandoned in favour of other products sadly.
                There are rk3229 even with MM firmware already.
                Rockchip makes the latest OS available to all manufacturers but most tend not to update and rather sell a brand new device with new OS.

For Rockchip tablets there are lots of LP & MM firmwares here - http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/
                But I couldn't find any LP for your tablet sadly.
                You can maybe search in this Spanish Teclast forum - http://www.htcmania.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1638

Kodi 17 will also only support Lollipop firmware not KitKat anymore, so it is recommended to find some LP firmware soon or you need to get a new device perhaps, otherwise a lot of things are not going to work correctly any more.
                There is no lp rom for teclast p90hd... I don't know why...

Android KK users don't need kodi 17. We just need a working 14/15/16 - ftmc is working great too here! It is playing all to hevc main (8 bit) in hardware decoding mode by disabling rkcodecs. Only hevc main10 is trying to play in software decoding mode.

Could someone fix this please? That is the only important thing for the next year until we all need new devices when av1 video codec is out on YouTube and Netflix

Comment

Yes, if you have the correct firmware installed for RK3288.
                  I have Measy B4S flashed with MK902II Android 5.1.1 firmware (Build number: RKM MK902II_ANDROID5.1.1-SDK-v1.00.00-20160722.1105). I have replaced libffmpeg.so and librkffplayer.so. It seems, this firmware isn’t correct for hardware deinterlacing. Could You propose some other firmware for Measy B4S?

Comment

Originally posted by gbr View Post

I have Measy B4S flashed with MK902II Android 5.1.1 firmware (Build number: RKM MK902II_ANDROID5.1.1-SDK-v1.00.00-20160722.1105). I have replaced libffmpeg.so and librkffplayer.so. It seems, this firmware isn’t correct for hardware deinterlacing. Could You propose some other firmware for Measy B4S?
                    Don't know if it will work on your device

I might try to fix it on MK902II firmware also later.

Comment

Hmmm yes please do fix. I havent tried yet on 902ii yet. But if its not working wonder why? Seems to work on most others. But ricomagic support go south for long time now.
                      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Hi, I'm using SC_1.3C firmware in my RKM MK68 with Kodi-SC 16.1-RC3 version. I've been reading this threath since it was started, but i have not moved to FTMC because i have some doubts:
                        - Can I install FTMC in my device? (obviously i would have to change the famous two files with MiXplorer)
                        - If yes, what advantages does it has compared to the kodi version that I'm using?
                        - Can I use "Backup" addon to backup everything in Kodi and then restore the backup in FTMC?
                        - If not, is there any trick to move faster to FTMC? Which XML files inside userdata folder are compatible with FTMC? I'm asking this because It would take ages to put all the settings, add sources, install repos, ... that I have at the moment.
                        - Can I install any addon, skin and do everything else that Kodi is capable of doing?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Yes, Your firmware works on Measy B4S
                          WiFi, remote control and power led do not work, but at this point it’s not important for me. The box is very responsive and works without any freezes.
                          I have only one purpose for this box – playing live TV channels streaming from satellite receiver on Kodi. So I'm expecting super smooth 1080i video playback.
                          The problem is I can’t achieve smooth playback of scrolling text on news channels (Al Jazeera English HD for example).
                          I have tried NTMC, FTMC and SPMC with every codec combinations. In some cases video is super smooth except scrolling text which is always unacceptable. In best-case characters move with constant speed but they are shaky. Even I have made root and replaced libffmpeg.so and librkffplayer.so for FTMC.
                          Also, I have got another smart box – Mini M8S on Amlogic S905. Stock firmware, 1080p 50Hz HDMI output, Kodi 16.1 and perfect playback of news channels. Is it possible on RK3288?

Comment

Originally posted by WAIKIKI728 View Post

have to copy the 2 files(librkffplayer.so & libffmpeg.so) from the link below into /system/lib.
                            Just make sure it has the same permissions as the files already there or use MiXplorer  file manager that automatically sets the correct file permissions otherwise you might get a bootloop.
                            https://github.com/JamesLinEngineer/...s/RKMC-Patches

I think you must have your android tv rooted for this...
                            Hm...do you know if Wassers 4.0.10 Firmware already has these patches ? As RKMC and FTMC work with the acceleration i supposes he has the patches build in ?

Comment

I guess so...otherwise you can ask to Wasser if you wanna be sure

Comment

Yes wasser rom have the patches!

Comment

Working...
                                X