This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

Most likely because it was a dead chip but also because RK3188 never progressed beyond Kitkat, even though there are one or two Lollipop firmwares out there.
    From Rockchip oficially rk3188 never progressed beyond jelly beam, I guess; KK was a matter of independent devs, and now LL; but RKMC supports KK 4.4 on rk3288, for that it´s the question; so if it´s not a technical hardware limit reached may be a developer can incorporate rk3188 on the list of working SoC with rkcodec; may be just dreaming to continue squeezing some more juice from this device.

Comment

Originally posted by BTR11 View Post

From Rockchip oficially rk3188 never progressed beyond jelly beam, I guess; KK was a matter of independent devs, and now LL; but RKMC supports KK 4.4 on rk3288, for that it´s the question; so if it´s not a technical hardware limit reached may be a developer can incorporate rk3188 on the list of working SoC with rkcodec; may be just dreaming to continue squeezing some more juice from this device.
      The RKCodec is propriety of Rockchip themselves and they have chosen not to develop it for SOC's as old as RK3188, so it will never happen unless they were suddenly inclined to do so, where the odds are about the same as winning the lottery.

So even if a dream, that is where it will stay I'm afraid.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by mikele View Post
        AMLogic codec are used transparently ? Can we know when AMLogic codecs are used ? whats difference with other codecs ?
        You are after codecinfo. This can be brought onto the screen by pressing 'o' on a keyboard or using smartphone remote app and look up this option in the function library.
        4th line down is the Video Player. You should see in the line something like am-h264 which is the AM codec. amc or amc(s) refers to Mediacodec. If you see ff or something else, then it is probably using software decoding.

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

well if its doing the same with kodi 16.1 then your tablet have some firmware problem or are needing of a full factory reset!
          Thanks for the reply sc. Appreciate it.
          Kodi was working perfectly before attempting to upgrade to 17.1 (not realising it wasn't compatible). So reinstalled 16.1 that's when the crash first happened.

I tried a factory reset straight away. With the same result installing 16.1 and ftmc. (crashing after 'first run' screen)
          I agree that it must be a problem with the tablet somehow. Just can't work out what.

Comment

I have found a kodi 17.1 which plays 4k on amlogic devices.... it's under test builds on kodi site ... it's the Droid-ar release (amlogic-release) I'm assuming ... could u look into this superceleron and also they have made kodi 17 work on kit Kat as well ... it's by mygica

Comment

By the way I'm using s905x and s905 chipset and both playing 4k videos no problem

Comment

Originally posted by Maussie View Post

You are after codecinfo. This can be brought onto the screen by pressing 'o' on a keyboard or using smartphone remote app and look up this option in the function library.
                4th line down is the Video Player. You should see in the line something like am-h264 which is the AM codec. amc or amc(s) refers to Mediacodec. If you see ff or something else, then it is probably using software decoding.
                THANK YOU !

On stock remote we juste have to stay clicked on menu button in middle remote to see that. As I see in my S912 TX8 device FTMC use only AMLogic codecs like SPMC.

I dont know how FTMC/SPMC select the codecs it will use.

Comment

Originally posted by minixfreak View Post
                  I have found a kodi 17.1 which plays 4k on amlogic devices.... it's under test builds on kodi site ... it's the Droid-ar release (amlogic-release) I'm assuming ... could u look into this superceleron and also they have made kodi 17 work on kit Kat as well ... it's by mygica
                  Yes i know they are doing some changes to the code, the problem i can port it to ftmc since for that i need to update the api to 21... and like that loses the point of ftmc that is to maintain the max time i can droid 4 support.
                  About that magica... its a beta build of kodi 17... that they renamed as 17.0... more no binary addons and even more it plays like crap, i know because i test it... i not recommended it....

Comment

could you make a ftmc 17 based on the amlogic build i said, for devices 5.1.1 ..... im sure you could .... take your time as well you do enough around freaktab and i appreciate your work ....

Comment

This fork run as hell on my AMLogic device TX8 S912 but I dont see many differences with SPMC excepted the startup picture and different mouse move to show the codecs info. FTMC is may be little more stable on my device...

Do you use python 2.7 in FTMC ?

Comment

This fork run as hell on my AMLogic device TX8 S912 but I dont see many differences with SPMC excepted the startup picture and different mouse move to show the codecs info. FTMC is may be little more stable on my device...

Do you use python 2.7 in FTMC ?
                        if you check the 1º post you see that it supports 2.7 from build 25 up

Comment

Btw fixed links to old versions...

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

if you check the 1º post you see that it supports 2.7 from build 25 up

Its not the case for SPMC... (excepted lastest beta test build d937365)

FTMC is a very nice fork, better, and you did very serious job.

THANK YOU !

Comment

Its not the case for SPMC... (excepted lastest beta test build d937365)

FTMC is a very nice fork, better, and you did very serious job.

THANK YOU !
                              Glad you like!

Comment

Seriously -excepted the start up picture (SplashScreen)- its the best KODI ever, better than KODI and SPMC for my s912 AMLogic device

Comment

Working...
                                X