This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi superceleron,
    could you please merge this PR to fix the security issue with subtitles?
    xbmc - Kodi Main Repository - By using this code you agree with our policy and will follow the GPLv2 license as included

Comment

Originally posted by OpenELEQ View Post
      Hi superceleron,
      could you please merge this PR to fix the security issue with subtitles?
      Yes i will thks for the heads up

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
        Hmm weird. I will do a factory reset on my boxes reinstall and report back tomorrow. Maybe something I installed.

What I plan to do is factory reset, fresh install and lll install just exodus nothing else not even indigo.

My boxes are not rooted but I have files from the mfg to root. This can't be the issue though I don't think. Should I root?

One box is rk3368 and other is s905 both 2gb ram

Anyway I will try what I said and report back. Everything else was flawless.
        Na if you dont need root, leave it!
        And yes try a clean build and install only exodus!

Comment

@superceleron Is it possible to use AMLogic codec with SD movies too ? And how to do it ? I can tweak it with spmc but I do not see the tweak on FTMC. On other hand I can not use spmc because it stop in middle of nowhere sometimes when I try to look any movie where spmc rock solid...
          Last edited by mikele; 05-24-2017, 15:18.

Comment

can some 1 tell me where i can get ROM kit?

Comment

Originally posted by mikele View Post
              @superceleron Is it possible to use AMLogic codec with SD movies too ? And how to do it ? I can tweak it with spmc but I do not see the tweak on FTMC. On other hand I can not use spmc because it stop in middle of nowhere sometimes when I try to look any movie where spmc rock solid...
              well you should work on sd movies but not all!
              To see if its using, long press the menu button on your remote(or the O key if you have a keyboard) when the video is playing and it should bring the statistics and in there you will see what codec is in use, amc(mediacodec), aml(amlogic) and ffmpeg(cpu).
              And no FTMC dont have that setting that SPMC have!
              And i think for SD video file CPU is the best!

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

well you should work on sd movies but not all!
                To see if its using, long press the menu button on your remote(or the O key if you have a keyboard) when the video is playing and it should bring the statistics and in there you will see what codec is in use, amc(mediacodec), aml(amlogic) and ffmpeg(cpu).
                And no FTMC dont have that setting that SPMC have!
                And i think for SD video file CPU is the best!
                May be better with CPU but darker (S012 SoC) ... With spmc I can tweak it to run AMLogic codecs on ALL SD and HD movies but spmc stop and pause in middle of nowhere... where FTMC rock solid.

Comment

So I did a fresh install after factory reset same problem. I returned my box and got a new one, unpacked it plugged it in installed ftmc 26 exodus same problem.

kodi no problem. im sorry but being honest here.

Comment

Does anyone know if FTMC will be updated to address the malicious subtitles vulnerability?

Comment

Originally posted by isaack View Post
                      Does anyone know if FTMC will be updated to address the malicious subtitles vulnerability?
                      +1

Comment

Its already fixed!
                        the problem is that im still waiting on "my" image designer to finish new icons and splash!
                        So be a bit more pacient :/
                        But if he takes longer a may open a topic for you guys make your own and the best one its included in FTMC next build

Comment

Respect @superceleron

Comment

ok tried on 2 more boxes same issue

evererything else flawless.

so if i use exodus to watch a HD movie, stop it exit come back in and go to launch same hd movie using resume ftmc will hang.

this even happens on my ami S905-b

Im not complaining. I find everything else to work great. I also like that it exits quicker than official kodi for some reason. But I think I found a bug.

Comment

well i cant reproduce it here, anyone else with the same problem?

Comment

each time i tested i factory reset the boxes, then installed ftmc 26 then added fusion source, installed indigo, installed exodus

if it is just me this is weird because ive also used it on different hardware.

SOCs i used were RK3368 and S905-B

very diffferent SOC

both android 5.1

both 2gb ram

with the rk3368 i even did it on a brand new out of the box powered on the first time HiMedia H8 Plus, and then I upgraded the firmware to latest build factory reset and try again.

Maybe coincidence that its my specific devices.

I will also be trying it on a Brand new Mygica 1900 pro tonight Ill report back.

Im picking up the mygica in 1 hour but then I gotta wait till after work to test.

Not complaining I love FTMC. Even with the bug.

Ill take a video of my next test and upload it and a log if you like

Comment

Working...
                                X