This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by graf View Post

I can absolutely agree with what tosu said. I think Kodi community needs a fork like FTMC !

The FTMC is something a bit like Linux vs. Windows in some perspectives:
    • it uses less resources (CPU & memory), which means it supports older hardware.
    • It also supports older OS, so it's a savior for older ARM boxes laying around and being left behind by latest Kodi develompent.
    • Additionally, it has RK codec support integrated, so the performance for low-budget RK SoC devices is much better than with Kodi "vanilla".
    Wrapped up: it enables the low-end devices to still enjoy most of the latest multimedia and security technologies. Best multimedia soft for the poor...

With SPMC development stopped FTMC is our best bet. So I hope there is still chance you will have some spare time.
    I am willing to help as far as my free time allows. I am a PHP/C++ developer, some Python knowledge, but with small to none Android development experience. So if that counts, I'm in
    Well you can have a go with it, the source is available in the 1ยบ page
    But is getting to its limits.
    About my time.. its hard really it is when i started this i was unemployed ... so i had plenty of time for all, now im working and this work takes lots of my time(sometimes as long as 17h work...) and i have a family that i also need to attend to... so something need to be left behind and sadly is this since i had to choose, this or rom making and i choose rom making.
    That is why i open my private git with the latest changes i did, maybe someone want to continue my work

Comment

By removing the problem of the bluetooth and codec we can continue to use ftmc.
      If along the way we can fix some problem better. And if we can update the codec, we would have ftmc for a long time.
      I do not understand all this but if there was a small tutorial to be able to adapt ftmc to the new codec it would be very good. So FTMC will not die
      Could someone tell us if you can update the video codec? Maybe adding to the lib folder? Where do we find the codec?
      The andorid MX player works well with files that ftmc does not. In some mkv I have slowdown and delayed sound, in mpeg2 to 1080p sound cuts of 0.1 seconds every few minutes. I have AmLogic s905x and s905d

Anyway, we are still hoping that someday you will have time to revive it and come up with a version about kodi18. It would no longer make sense to get her out of Kodi17.

Comment

Originally posted by tosu View Post
        By removing the problem of the bluetooth and codec we can continue to use ftmc.
        If along the way we can fix some problem better. And if we can update the codec, we would have ftmc for a long time.
        I do not understand all this but if there was a small tutorial to be able to adapt ftmc to the new codec it would be very good. So FTMC will not die
        Could someone tell us if you can update the video codec? Maybe adding to the lib folder? Where do we find the codec?
        The andorid MX player works well with files that ftmc does not. In some mkv I have slowdown and delayed sound, in mpeg2 to 1080p sound cuts of 0.1 seconds every few minutes. I have AmLogic s905x and s905d

Anyway, we are still hoping that someday you will have time to revive it and come up with a version about kodi18. It would no longer make sense to get her out of Kodi17.
        I think it would be better if Amlogic just started to support Kodi 18, then everything would just work.
        No need then for any amlcodecs anymore with all sorts of video bugs on different Kodi's.

You can't just update a codec, Kodi consists of over 50000 source code files that all work together, you can't just replace a compiled file, it would fail to open and install.
        Kodi 18 also has a complete rewrite of the video engine, so it will be nearly impossible to port old Kodi 16 video code hacks to Kodi 18 and it would take a lot of time if someone manages to do it.
        You can setup FTMC or Kodi 18 with an external player like MXPlayer if it would improve video playback for you and sometimes it can help.

Comment

if amcodec support is important to some... why not just use the alpha version of spmc 17.6? seems like a good option

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

I think it would be better if Amlogic just started to support Kodi 18, then everything would just work.
            No need then for any amlcodecs anymore with all sorts of video bugs on different Kodi's.

You can't just update a codec, Kodi consists of over 50000 source code files that all work together, you can't just replace a compiled file, it would fail to open and install.
            Kodi 18 also has a complete rewrite of the video engine, so it will be nearly impossible to port old Kodi 16 video code hacks to Kodi 18 and it would take a lot of time if someone manages to do it.
            You can setup FTMC or Kodi 18 with an external player like MXPlayer if it would improve video playback for you and sometimes it can help.
            Bad news. So, we should not buy tvbox with Amlogic chips, what tv box do we buy? nor Amlogic, nor rockchip.

I have tried kodi 17.6, MyGica media center and I have the same problems. If I set and accelerate video amcodec, the image comes out with green and pink boxes. If I deactivate the acceleration amcodec the image slows down and the sound is advanced. I will try Spmc but I did it before installing Ftmc and I liked this last one, for me it is much better. Ftmc uses less cpu and memory.

How can I choose to play with "external player"? I can not find it. At some point and leaving the button pushed appears 2 players but they are interns. One of them works and the other does not.
            I use addons that directly reproduce internet videos, via streaming or torrent, and this problem forces me to download the full video and store it. I lose the comfort of these functions or addons.

Comment

Originally posted by JR365 View Post
              if amcodec support is important to some... why not just use the alpha version of spmc 17.6? seems like a good option
              I have tried smpc again. I remember because I stopped using it, because I could not browse the smpc menu while watching a background video. When I go to the media center menu, the video stops. This problem does not have kodi or ftmc.
              The problem that sound does not work with bluetooth speakers also has it. It seems that Ftmc inherited that spmc failure, kodi does not have this failure.
              Also, Spmc is slower, heavier, less agile. When you move the cursor with the command through the addons, the response is slow. It takes time to change. In ftmc it is instantaneous.

But it works with problematic files. I use the last version that appeared and I leave it configured like this, activated the acceleration media codec, media codec (surface) and amcodec activated. If I deactivate amcodec acceleration, the video slows down as in Ftmc or Kodi

Bad news, I tried kodi18 alpha and also has the problem with the video.
              Everyone has less Spmc.
              The developer has also abandoned the project and Spmc will not release new versions.

I tried the reproduction with an external one but it is a limited option and it does not work for me. If I look for the video file with Mx and play, it works. If I look for it with ftmc and choose mx to play, the mx player opens but it gives me an error and it can not be seen.

Comment

Could anyone pleaep provide an instruction how to install ftmc as a system app?

I have a lol of different Rockchip 3229, Rockchip 3228, Amlogic S812, S905x and S912 devices.

On my rooted Rk3229 devices with FTMC and Android 6 everyevery works well. But on my unrooted I can only play x265 and 4k with internal players without sound.

This is really annoying. So maybe even if the project is unfunfortunat not being continued someone could give a good inatrinstru to install FTMC as a system app and being able to play with internal players with sound.

As a system app I understood that I can continue using rkcodec.

Please provide this and I am sure you make a lot of people happy and the complaining will stop.

Thank you very much for all the done and future support!

Superceleron and mo123 were a stunning support-team for ftmc and everyone appreciate what you did for all the unhappy owners!

Comment

Thanks for release,
                  i'm tested your release FTMC-16.2.31-armeabi-v7a-RK-Version with my RK3328 (Zidoo x7) and my TV LG 49UJ750V , im tested movie HDR and 4K BT2020,

Resolution system its correct 3840 * 2160p
                  but logo HDR is not active

thanks for parametres my syestem FTMC

Kind Regards

Comment

Originally posted by franck3751 View Post
                    Thanks for release,
                    i'm tested your release FTMC-16.2.31-armeabi-v7a-RK-Version with my RK3328 (Zidoo x7) and my TV LG 49UJ750V , im tested movie HDR and 4K BT2020,

Resolution system its correct 3840 * 2160p
                    but logo HDR is not active

thanks for parametres my syestem FTMC

Kind Regards
                    The Zidoo X7 doesn't support HDR or 4K in Kodi 18.
                    With RKMC/FTMC you can still play certain 4K videos.
                    It's firmware is based on outdated, buggy code from over a year ago with not a single firmware update since it's release.
                    Rockchip fixed lots of HDR things in Oct/Nov 2017 that isn't in Zidoo X7's firmware.
                    You also need to enable HDMI-CEC which is missing in the Zidoo firmware and use an Ultra speed premium 4K HDMI cable that is 4K HDR capable, not the one shipping with the device.

Comment

OK,

but with Zidoo explorer (photo upload) HDR and 4K support and logo HDR active .??? What .

I will prefer use FTMC for library
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hope someone can help is there a simple link to install older version of kodi for a minix8plus I need a fool proof sorta think as im not great with tech

Comment

Originally posted by Andyjones View Post
                          is there a simple link to install older version of kodi
                          NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
                          NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
                          Buy me a beer?

Comment

Originally posted by Molle
                            Thanks you is that in a browser or via add source sorry to be so tech dumb tried stuff via browser and it always defaults to google and says get it from play store

Sent from my KIW-L21 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Andyjones View Post
                              Thanks you is that in a browser or via add source sorry to be so tech dumb tried stuff via browser and it always defaults to google and says get it from play store

Sent from my KIW-L21 using Tapatalk
                              Download an older apk from the link in a browser on your PC(or tv box) and then install the downloaded app.

Comment

Hi,

I have just ordered H96 Max (4GB Ram/32GB Rom version) with Rockchip 3399 SOC, awaiting its delivery.

Will the latest Kodi (krypton) with manual installing/tweaking of addons sufficient for playing 10 bit H265 videos? or Should I need install FTMC for that?

If I have to give FTMC a try, then which version should I download (as the opening page contains FTMC based on Jarvis which was Kodi 16 version while the current one is krypton and soforth) ?

Much appreciate any help on this.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X