Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List your devices that fully support HW accelerated XBMC!!!! Let the lists begin!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List your devices that fully support HW accelerated XBMC!!!! Let the lists begin!!!!

Hi there Freaktabbers!!!
    I thought it would be a good idea to create a list, of android boxes/sticks that support XBMC with H/W acceleration. Not because i own such a device, but because i want such a device, and there are many of us in search for answers.

Haven´t stumbled upon such a list on the web, and i think that it would help a lot, if we could compile such a list on Freaktab. Making it easier to decide what box/stick to buy, for the best overall compatibility with XBMC!!!

So share your experiences in this thread, and list your devices so that all can see.....
    Let the lists begin!!!!

LIST OF WORKING DEVICES THAT SUPPORT H/W ACCELERATION ON XBMC:
    1. Tronsmart T428 (more info herebig thumbs up to Molle from Finland!)
    2. Mygica/Geniatech ATV520, ATV120 etc (Amlogic devices)
    3. MX Box, Gbox midnight mx 2 *literally same device as the MX boxes* etc can run XBMC as an app or XBMC linux.
    4. MK802IV (more info here and big up to nizar!!!)
    5. MINIX NEO X4/5/7 (more info here)
    Last edited by Watts; 10-25-2013, 01:35.

Tronsmart T428.

No issues with h/w accelerated decoding when using libstagefright-enabled Gotham builds. Even 1080p videos play nicely with a correctly configured 'advancedsettings.xml' file and a vsync-fixed kernel.
    NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
    NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
    Buy me a beer?

Comment

amlogic meson.. by far the pic with xbmc (v12 mygica version build feb 2013)

Comment

Originally posted by Molle View Post
        Tronsmart T428.

No issues with h/w accelerated decoding when using libstagefright-enabled Gotham builds. Even 1080p videos play nicely with a correctly configured 'advancedsettings.xml' file and a vsync-fixed kernel.
        Thank you so much!!! Device added to list above, could you perhaps post a link towards the correct build, firmware and the avancedsettings.xml? So i can add it to the list next to the device, thank you for contributing to the thread!!!

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
        amlogic meson.. by far the pic with xbmc (v12 mygica version build feb 2013)
        Awesome but could you specifically mention a device/devices, i need to add to the list above to make it clear for all. Thank you for contributing to the thread, and keep the suggestions and ideas coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Watts View Post
          Thank you so much!!! Device added to list above, could you perhaps post a link towards the correct build, firmware and the avancedsettings.xml? So i can add it to the list next to the device, thank you for contributing to the thread!!!
          My current setup:
          NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
          NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
          Buy me a beer?

Comment

My current setup:
            List updated and thank you!!!

Comment

MK802IV with neomodes hybrid custom rom 1.7 and XBMC Gotham Alpha 7 (I know there's an Alpha 8, but it's very unstable for me for some reason).

Although neomode hasn't published his 1080p rom for this yet, I am able to stream 720p movies, shows, and live channels flawlessly

Sent from my MK802IV

Comment

Originally posted by nizar View Post
                MK802IV with neomodes hybrid custom rom 1.7 and XBMC Gotham Alpha 7 (I know there's an Alpha 8, but it's very unstable for me for some reason).

Although neomode hasn't published his 1080p rom for this yet, I am able to stream 720p movies, shows, and live channels flawlessly

Sent from my MK802IV
                Thanks nizar!!! The MK802IV added to the list of working devices!!!

Comment

MK809III - Old Wifi cheap

I'm using MK809III with Neomode's 1.5 rom for OLD WIFI.
                  Using sam321's 1080 kernel for OLD WIFI as well. (no oc)

XBMC gotham alpha1 with advancedsettings.xml file in /userdata folder.

SD content works perfect.
                  720p content is working great and smooth as well, no drops.
                  1080p content in XBMC is not working smooth at all.

Comment

Both the mk808 and mk808b have libstagefright support for XBMC.

Due to no overclocked kernel on the mk808b however, only 720p is really supported without frame dropping.

The mk808 requires the 2dark4u kernel for 1080p.
                    Currently Using:
                    2 x Nvidia Shield TV | MiniMX III
                    Retired Devices:
                    MiniMX III-II | Mk808b Pro | Mk808b Plus | Raspberry Pi 1 + 2 | UBOX R89 | MK808 | MK808b | CS008 | X1 4K (rk3288_809) | CYX_809III | Ouya | CX-919 | S82 Plus | Tronstmart R68

Comment

My current setup:
                      Thank you sooo much!
                      The hardware accelerator of xbmc is working on my MK908 v1, too.

ROM: HFW v1.2.1 for MK908
                      Kernel: mk908-jjhkernel-v3.5-1080p-fast.img

Comment

XBMC: XBMC alpha 8
                        Device: MK802IV old wifi
                        Rom: Neomode 1.5 for old wifi.
                        Kernel: Sam 321 not overclocked 720p and 1080p.

When using 720 kernel i can smoothly play very heavy 1080p MKV files (Up to 40G.B.)
                        (USB2 local play) Without any frame drops , so i can confirm that the HW acceleration
                        Is working great on 720p kernels.

When using 1080p kernel i can't even play a 6G.B. 1080p MKV video file without
                        Dropping a lot of frames (The frame rate is about 12 fps) .

i tried many kernels and roms and always had the same result of 720p kernel working
                        Great and 1080p kernel has many frame drops.

This doesn't make any sense as the video playing consists of 2 steps:
                        1-Video frame decoding.
                        2-Video frame scaling to kernel resolution.
                        3-Video frame displaying.

The first step should be kernel resolution independent , the second doesn't exist in
                        case of 1080p kernel as the video file is the same 1080p as the kernel , the third
                        Step should put very small overhead on GPU , so theoretically 1080p kernels should
                        Have the same or better performance in XBMC as 720p kernels which is not the case

So i am assuming that either the HW acceleration is not working in 1080p kernels
                        For some reason , or there is a fourth step in the video playing that i am not aware of
                        That is very kernel resolution dependent , but even if this is the case the
                        resolution difference between 720p and 1080p is 250% so if i can play 40G.B. file on
                        720p kernel i should be able to play 16G.B. file on 1080p kernel which is not the case
                        So i am leaning towards the first assumption of the broken HW acceleration of the 1080p
                        Kernel.

I think this problem is global for all rk3188 devices but not sure , does anyone succeeded
                        In playing > 20G.B. mkv file (USB local playback) using 1080p kernel yet ?
                        Last edited by opengl1971; 12-14-2013, 16:53.

Comment

tron MK908 running finless v1.7 with patched stock 1080p kernel along with OUYA version SPMC running all media outstanding without frameskip,buffering or what else streaming 1080p content without a advancedsettings.xml

Comment

Working...
                          X