RKMC 18.9 (Kodi for rockchip )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RKMC 18.9 (Kodi for rockchip )

Here is RKMC 18.9 Build date : 2020-10-23 ( taken from rk3566 unit )
    Hopefully it also works on other rockchip based devices

Link: https://ufile.io/t82z6tas

Cheers

?????

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
    Here is RKMC 18.9 Build date : 2020-10-23 ( taken from rk3566 unit )
    Hopefully it also works on other rockchip based devices

Link: https://ufile.io/t82z6tas

Cheers

?????
    Kodi 18.9 was also build on 23/10/2020.

So this is just a rebranded logo, icons and has no other benefit compared to Kodi 18.9
    Very strange that they did the trouble to rebrand it, could just have used Kodi 18.9 but maybe it's because of Kodi policies that you can't ship it with devices on sale.

Comment

Perhaps.. But "the" might have added some Rockchip video hacks/patches
      Why else go to the trouble of compiling this...

Other boxes...just have a "shortcut" or a second market place to download and install official kodi ( in one or two clicks )
      Anyway...
      How knows...

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
        Perhaps.. But "the" might have added some Rockchip video hacks/patches
        Why else go to the trouble of compiling this...

Other boxes...just have a "shortcut" or a second market place to download and install official kodi ( in one or two clicks )
        Anyway...
        How knows...
        They didn't compile it, compile date is the same as Kodi 18.9.
        If they compiled it themselves, the date would be newer.
        They just unpacked it and changed the logo, icons and renamed all the Kodi strings to RKMC.
        It even says to visit www.rkmc.tv which doesn't exist, must be www.kodi.tv
        Rockchip abandoned RKMC in 2017 and also told me they didn't create this app.
        If you install the app, it's package name is also Kodi not rkmc and there are no extra settings.
        All I can think is the manufacturer behind some RK3566 devices don't want to get into legal trouble with Kodi.
        It takes less than 10 minutes to rebrand Kodi to something else and repack it like this.
        Better to just use Kodi 19.1 instead.

Comment

Sadly Matrix is not for me..at this time
          So, many addons that don't work
          -even YouTube and twitch add-on...so many errors

Anyway...cheers
          ??????

Comment

can you re-upload the file please?
            Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by vagvalas View Post
              can you re-upload the file please?
              Thank you.
              Why, just use Kodi 19.3 instead.
              The RKMC was discontinued 4 years ago.
              One clever manufacturer just took Kodi 18.9 and changed the splash screen, nothing else was changed.
              The last RKMC was 16.1

Comment

RKMC is a Rockchip fork of Kodi, however as noted one that they've just somewhat done thus it conflicts with our "genuine" Kodi because of sharing bundle IDs, and so on Henceforth having both on a similar gadget is absurd, to put one on you need to eliminate any previous introduces of the other. Also as it's an outsider seller fork that we don't have the foggiest idea of what they've changed inside it, they don't uphold it.
                returnsandrefund.com

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Why, just use Kodi 19.3 instead.
                  The RKMC was discontinued 4 years ago.
                  One clever manufacturer just took Kodi 18.9 and changed the splash screen, nothing else was changed.
                  The last RKMC was 16.1
                  Hi buddy, i know that, as i am relevant with all about kodi and tv boxes,
                  BUT i have an old tv box (just for my parents) and i have installed FTMC inside which is a a fork of 16.2 , and with some new addons i have managed to make it as 17.x. some addons plays, some others had breaked...
                  The thing is that this FTMC's fork had "ROCKchip codec" that accelaretes the HEVC and VP9 through HW accelaration.
                  I have found on github from JamesLinEngineer: https://github.com/JamesLinEngineer/RKMC-FFmpeg
                  Who seems had made something on ffmpeg to imporve on RockChip?

PS Also i have found a youtube video reviewing a tv box with RKMC 18.0 inside, and i had saw the "RKcodec" tab inside settings so i assumed that also this one has it

Comment

Originally posted by vagvalas View Post

Hi buddy, i know that, as i am relevant with all about kodi and tv boxes,
                    BUT i have an old tv box (just for my parents) and i have installed FTMC inside which is a a fork of 16.2 , and with some new addons i have managed to make it as 17.x. some addons plays, some others had breaked...
                    The thing is that this FTMC's fork had "ROCKchip codec" that accelaretes the HEVC and VP9 through HW accelaration.
                    I have found on github from JamesLinEngineer: https://github.com/JamesLinEngineer/RKMC-FFmpeg
                    Who seems had made something on ffmpeg to imporve on RockChip?

PS Also i have found a youtube video reviewing a tv box with RKMC 18.0 inside, and i had saw the "RKcodec" tab inside settings so i assumed that also this one has it
                    There are no newer RKMC than 16.1, only a FTMC fork based on 16.2.
                    This RKMC 18.9 has no Rockchip codec settings, all the settings are exactly the same as the stock Kodi 18.9 apk downloaded from kodi.tv
                    If you unzip both, even all the file sizes are exactly the same size, no changes done except rename all Kodi strings to RKMC and changed the startup logo, no extra acceleration or improved video playback. Don't believe everything you see on Youtube.
                    You must have a really old device since Rockchip had full hardware acceleration for Kodi for almost 5 years already.

Comment

Got your msg
                      uploaded to: https://ufile.io/juid3s7t

cheers

Comment

Working...
                      X