This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joestyles2578 View Post
    Hi im new here how do I get latest spmc downloaded for my android phone and for my 4.4 kitkat android box
    From the Google Play Store

Comment

I couldn't get passthrough to work with latest SPMC in KitKat on a MK802IIIS, only hear popping sounds. Passthrough in MX player works fine. After copying a moded libmedia.so the system wouldn't boot. Did anyone get passthrough to work with latest SPMC in KitKat?

Ps: I thought I could quickly unbrick by reflashing original system.img, but didn't work. What system parts are required for unbricking where installed apps and configuration are kept?

Comment

Molle,
        Update:All my problems solved by using one of the "modded" 1080 kernel-GPU 600,DDR 667=Antutu score 24600.
        Next step would be to find a SPMC version to obtain a real DTSMA and AC3TRuEHD passthrough....
        Of corse during my "works" I runned into the "cache" issue--solved,also-- 'cause i'm using my wifi lan to access my NAS.Damn' Tronsmart has only 65Mbs connection on wifi.Gues what? I don't know how to activate my ethernet option in my Tronsmart--I guess I need a special USB2Ethernet adaptor.I also notticed an "enable USB for PC" option in settings--NOT the one under 'developer..".It would be nice to "mount" my NAS using USB,isn't it?

Cheers,
        N

Comment

@ jockyw2001

I read KitKat does not allow passthrough.That's why I stick to my Finless Bob Rom 1.6.
          N
          P.S. I don't know how to preserve your settings and installed stuff.Maybe next time you shall use Titanium backup Pro to back-up your stuff[installed and system apps-if your device is routed]...

Cheers,
          N

Comment

@nifedipin: thanks for the info, I will try beyondXBMC 3.4 which I had working with a moded libmedia.so in JB roms. Will report back.

I fully sorted out the backup/restore issues I had thanks to Finless Bob's ROM Dumper Tool

Cheers,
            JockyW

Comment

Good news for all: SPMC from Playstore works great with audio passthrough on KitKat roms
              I found a patched KitKat libmedia.so here (attachment to 8th post by namenlos)

I used ES File Explorer to replace /system/lib/libmedia.so with the patched one. Immediately after replacement your system will reboot. As always make sure you have a backup of your rom handy (system.img).

Comment

Hi,
                has anyone experienced problem with subtitles downloading?

Comment

Re: SPMC

Originally posted by joestyles2578 View Post
                  Hi im new here how do I get latest spmc downloaded for my android phone and for my 4.4 kitkat android box
                  Already answered.
                  Last edited by Evergorn; 09-29-2014, 18:51.

Comment

Originally posted by nifedipin View Post
                    Next step would be to find a SPMC version to obtain a real DTSMA and AC3TRuEHD passthrough....
                    I remember Koying saying that HD audio passthrough isn't possible due to limitations in the RockChip chipset.
                    NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
                    NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
                    Buy me a beer?

Comment

Of firmwares, rather.

Android has provision for up to 7.1 pcm but I have yet to see a firmware on any box implementing it properly.

Comment

Installed spmc well but it cannot play bluray files (.iso) well ? anyone has the same issue as me or what I need to do to fix this? Tks in adv for your advice.

Comment

koying are you still developing for SPMC 13.x or are your eyes on Kodi 14.x SPMC something, forward speaking ?

ow and will SPMC in a future edition support 4k ?

Comment

Still on 13.x
                            4k for what? It already supports 4k on Amlogic.

Comment

Originally posted by Koying View Post
                              Still on 13.x
                              4k for what? It already supports 4k on Amlogic.
                              i did not know. cheers

Comment

5.1 PCM output

@ Koying
                                "Android has provision for up to 7.1 pcm but I have yet to see a firmware on any box implementing it properly."
                                So....no chance for me to obtain 5.1 PCM out?
                                {using Finless Bob Rom 1.6,a moded libmedia.so file and latest SPMC on my Tronsmart MK908 II device].
                                Thank you,
                                N
                                P.S.I'm a big 3d and surround sound fan.Watching 3d sbs 1080 files with subtitles and passthrough ac3 or dts-SOLVED.
                                Speaking of hires 5.1 music playback my problem is I can not obtain 5.1 PCM output[only stereo].I need 5.1 PCM out 'cause i want to playback my 5.1 hires flac files.So far I obtained an Ac3 5.1 stream to my receiver by ticking "transform to ac3"[or something like it] option in SPMC under System/Audio.It,s OK. for now...it's 5.1 but NOT hires.Surprisingly flac decoding,spliting,downsampling,ac3 encoding--al those processes are going "on the fly" while flacs are on my NAS and I.m accessing my Lan over a wifi connection.Nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X