This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
    I found that it crashed more with just mediacodec turned on.
    What firmware and device are you using, Tronsmart, might need to upgrade to 110k4 firmware.
    I'm using HPH RK3288 with 20141021 firmware and 20141011 libmedia file otherwise 4k videos have dropped frames and TearofSteel has green artifacts.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
      What firmware and device are you using, Tronsmart, might need to upgrade to 110k4 firmware.
      I'm using HPH RK3288 with 20141021 firmware and 20141011 libmedia file otherwise 4k videos have dropped frames and TearofSteel has green artifacts.
      I'm using Bobs 110k4 Custom ROM for the Tronsmart R28 and trying the new libmedia.so that was posted a few days ago.

I'm sure that there will be a new firmware update very soon, so will see what happens after the next revision.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

When testing rk3288 h265, always try the default video player to see if it's an rk or spmc issue...

Comment

Originally posted by Koying View Post
          When testing rk3288 h265, always try the default video player to see if it's an rk or spmc issue...
          It looks like Mediacodec with latest SPMC and 4k H265 videos work great, the same performance as with the stock player.
          With Libstagefright it has lots of dropped frames with 4k H265 videos.

Comment

It looks like Mediacodec with latest SPMC and 4k H265 videos work great, the same performance as with the stock player.
            With Libstagefright it has lots of dropped frames with 4k H265 videos.
            Is it using rkstf-h265?
            Haven't really tested 4K (the only one I got didn't work, even with stock player). Any test files I could use?

Comment

Is it using rkstf-h265?
              Haven't really tested 4K (the only one I got didn't work, even with stock player). Any test files I could use?
              It shows rkst-h264 I think.
              Wih Mediacodec is shows amc-h264, but plays 4K HEVC.
              With latest Kodi, it shows amc-hevc but plays the same as your SPMC with amc-h264.

Here are test videos

If you get green artifacts on the second video and dropped frames with the first video with Mediacodec only enabled, you need to replace this file in /system/lib and be rooted.

Comment

Hi, I'm currently just using the 13.1 gotham xbmc that is on the finless 1.8. If I want to install SPMC, do I just install over the top, backup my userdata and remove 13.1, then install?
                M8N Quad Core Android 4.4
                JustMe v1.5 ported v2

Comment

Originally posted by elgrego View Post
                  Hi, I'm currently just using the 13.1 gotham xbmc that is on the finless 1.8. If I want to install SPMC, do I just install over the top, backup my userdata and remove 13.1, then install?
                  You can install both, they use seperate folders/files

Comment

You can install both, they use seperate folders/files
                    I don't really want both, just spmc but with all my addons and preinstalled repos put back on.
                    JustMe v1.5 ported v2

Comment

Originally posted by elgrego View Post
                      I don't really want both, just spmc but with all my addons and preinstalled repos put back on.
                      Use the 'XBMC Backup' addon to back up the full environment on XBMC and then restore it on SPMC using the same addon.
                      Last edited by Molle; 10-29-2014, 08:20.
                      NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
                      NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
                      Buy me a beer?

Comment

Oh great thanks. I've got so used to modding my phone now the bug has spread to my android box, bouncing between here and xda
                        JustMe v1.5 ported v2

Comment

Koying

Can you maybe check on RK3288 devices.
                          Some users are experiencing an echo effect with patched libmedia.so and SPMC 13.3.3, but not with Kodi when enabling passthrough. I don't have passthrough so can't check.

"Yes, I tested the SPMC 13.3.3 with Stafsrom's libmedia.so file. It works great as far as not crashing while changing to DTS from Dolby, or stepping forward or backward. HOWEVER, for some reason, I get an echo when playing any video. If I change formats, like going from Dolby to DTS, the echo disappears and it plays perfectly. This echo effect started with Jakemate's libmedia.so file, which I believe Statsrom's libmedia.so is modded from.

Because of this echo effect, I use the modded Kodi instead of SPMC 13.3.3" from user clarkss12.

Link to patched passthrough libmedia.so from stafstrom - http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.p...3&d=1414436371

Thanks
                          Last edited by mo123; 10-28-2014, 19:44.

Comment

Well, the board Rockchip sent me doesn't seem very representative.
                            hevc just plain doesn't work with mediacodec, so the firmware is probably so-so...

Comment

Well, the board Rockchip sent me doesn't seem very representative.
                              hevc just plain doesn't work with mediacodec, so the firmware is probably so-so...
                              Hi

Have you looked at post #116
                              Might need to update libomxvpu_dec.so

If not working, can maybe try my ROM, HEVC works great with Mediacodec on my device.

Will need to use your boot.img, kernel.img and resource.img file from your stock ROM with the system.img and other Images from my ROM.

Comment

Well, you spoke about artifacts, not plain failing, but I'll try the lib.

Comment

Working...
                                X