X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minix X8-H Black Screen Video

Originally posted by wackidth View Post
    Any news on the Minix x8-h black screen? Beta 9?? 002 Maybe it's Rom related.
    I'm having the same issue. The stock Minix XBMC is working just fine, but when I try to play 720p or 1080p video in SPMC I get sound but no video just black screen.

I'm also running on Beta 009 with Finlex ROM Tweak.

Is there any plan to solve this issue in SPMC. I much prefer it to the stock as I can have it set as the launcher.

Thanks for the great work Koying.
    Minix X8-H Plus - Finless Bob ROM 1.1 / GB Tronsmart MK908ii - Finless Bob 2.0 Beta KK ROM, D33 v300 OC

Comment

Originally posted by Molle View Post
      Use the 'XBMC Backup' addon to back up the full environment on XBMC and then restore it on SPMC using the same addon.
      That's what I do and it works perfectly well.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Re : SPMC

Originally posted by vxxozxxv View Post
        Is there any plan to solve this issue in SPMC. I much prefer it to the stock as I can have it set as the launcher.
        Amlogic/minix found the issue, apparently. Now we have to wait for the next firmware.

Comment

restore corrupted guisettings.xml

Going slightly off topic,

Sometimes all versions of XBMC / SPMC resets to default Guisettings.

A bit of research and found that XBMC writes to the guisettings.xml file a lot even when seemingly idle (a bit like the windows registry...) and if it detects any corruption to the guisettings.xml file during launch it ignores it and regenerates a default one - which is why the skin, resolution and other settings go back to defaults if guisettings.xml becomes even slightly corrupted.

There was discussion about this issue and a possible workaround in this pull request:
          Guisettings.xml is heavily used by xbmc (many read/write operations), hereby this file easely gets corrupted when xbmc crashes,OS crashes, power cut,... This sucks big time as xbmc will recover gui...

Doesn't look like that solution was sorted.

Any ideas.

Comment

RK3288 improved support

Hi Guys,

Would you mind testing this SPMC 13.3.4 on rk3288: http://www.semperpax.be/owncloud/pub...084d89a859f2cb
            It has an improved support for RK, via the FB, so *should* solve 4K issues.

You need the overlay ON in the build.props ("video.use.overlay") for this to work, I think.
            It also needs RW on the fb1 device, but I think it's standard.
            It also tests for HARDWARE=rk3*, in case you altered this in build.prop.

Please do not spread and keep in this forum.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Koying View Post
              Hi Guys,

Would you mind testing this SPMC 13.3.4 on rk3288: http://www.semperpax.be/owncloud/pub...084d89a859f2cb
              It has an improved support for RK, via the FB, so *should* solve 4K issues.

You need the overlay ON in the build.props ("video.use.overlay") for this to work, I think.
              It also needs RW on the fb1 device, but I think it's standard.
              It also tests for HARDWARE=rk3*, in case you altered this in build.prop.

Please do not spread and keep in this forum.

Thanks
              I Koying.
              Do i need to change something also in Rk3066 to use your SPMC 13.3.4 ??
              Thanks
              Im still using 13.3.2

Comment

Originally posted by pajopasa View Post
                I Koying.
                Do i need to change something also in Rk3066 to use your SPMC 13.3.4 ??
                Thanks
                Im still using 13.3.2
                I haven't tested on 3066. Only 3188 & 3288.

Comment

Just tested it.
                  It works perfect.
                  F/F, R/W not working on Mediacodec and crashes are now fixed with RKStagefright.
                  Video playback is more natural and not so fast/too smooth as in Mediacodec.
                  CPU usage is a bit lower than with Mediacodec.
                  Tested with HPH RK3288.

Do you know if the passthrough issue/hissing sound is fixed in this that was present in prev v13.3.3 but not in Kodi beta 1? I don't have PT device so can't test.
                  On what Kodi, Gotham is it based?
                  Any chance for a Kodi beta 3 SPMC?
                  Last edited by mo123; 11-17-2014, 10:02.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                    Just tested it.
                    It works perfect.
                    F/F, R/W not working on Mediacodec and crashes are now fixed with RKStagefright.

Do you know if the passthrough issue/hissing sound is fixed in this that was present in prev v13.3.3 but not in Kodi beta 1? I don't have PT device so can't test.
                    mo123, did you test it with a rk3066 ?

Comment

Originally posted by pajopasa View Post
                      mo123, did you test it with a rk3066 ?
                      No, with RK3288 device.

Comment

Just tested it.
                        It works perfect.
                        Cool

Just tested it.
                        If PT is enabled on a rockchip, SPMC assumes the hack is also present.
                        I'm waiting for an updated FW from RK to work on that, as on my current one I get hissing with PT anyway.

SPMC 13 is based on Gotham.
                        There will also surely be a SPMC 14 Helix, but after the Kodi Helix release only.

Comment

Cool

If PT is enabled on a rockchip, SPMC assumes the hack is also present.
                          I'm waiting for an updated FW from RK to work on that, as on my current one I get hissing with PT anyway.

SPMC 13 is based on Gotham.
                          There will also surely be a SPMC 14 Helix, but after the Kodi Helix release only.
                          Here is latest firmware from 12/11/2014.
                          Might need to use your boot.img and resource.img
                          Don't know if it will boot with your bootloader, since the bootloader/boot.img was updated in this firmware and yours might be too old.

If the above boots but wifi is not working, I can make a new boot.img with updated bootloader but with your kernel if you can upload your boot.img.

Comment

Thanks, but I have no .img at all. Only what's on the EVB when they sent it.
                            They should build me one quickly, so no need to fiddle.

Comment

Thanks, but I have no .img at all. Only what's on the EVB when they sent it.
                              They should build me one quickly, so no need to fiddle.
                              Koying...Can you post your donation link?
                              Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
                                Koying...Can you post your donation link?
                                Quoting http://spmc.semperpax.com

Please, donate to XBMC (http://xbmc.org/contribute/donate/). SPMC is just a tip of the mountain that XBMC is.

Comment

Working...
                                X