HP mini PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP mini PC

Now HP launch three new models of mini PC included RAM, SSD storage drive, USB 3.0, WiFi and Bluetooth, SD Card Reader, Gigabit Ethernet, HDMI out, Display port, keyboard, also with Free Windows 8.1 64 bits. These models come with CPU that pretty more powerful than Z3735f.

$180 HP Stream Mini Desktop with Intel Celeron 2957U, 2GB RAM, 32GB SSD storage.
    $320 HP Pavilion Mini Desktop Intel Pentium 3558U, 4GB RAM, 500GB SSD storage.
    $450 HP Pavilion Mini Desktop Intel core i3 4025U, 4GB RAM, 1TB SSD storage.

While they all not fanless PC, their CPUs designed for laptops not for tablets like Z3537f, but advantage from those CPUs you will get USB3.0 and Gigabits Ethernet and support RAM more than 2GB.

Such like HP Stream mini ($180) it's RAM upgradable to 16GB, SSD storage also upgradable via SATA port and it come with Free Windows 8.1 with Bing 64 that should mean to 64 bits UEFI. (Also come with USB Keyboard)

I think it's pretty a good choice compare to those Chinese mini PC box especially compare to Z64W with Windows that cost around ~$150+.

***Lon Seidman just got his review about this HP Stream Mini. As usual he also talked about Kodi and Minecraft.

also about inside for upgrade option.

install other OS option Ubuntu

SSD performance benchmark
    Last edited by SpicySaturdayBoy; 01-25-2015, 23:12.

But you have to like the blue
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
      But you have to like the blue
      No colors option...paint job needed or hide it back of TV...

Comment

I am not in a hurry but the Intel i3 version looks like a suitable replacement for my several year old HTPC with i3-540.

Comment

The Stream Mini with the Celeron 2957U is very similar in spec to the Chromebox, but unlike the Chromebox it should have HDMI Audio in Windows. Looks like a very neat box.

(There is a suggestion that this might allow Windows HDMI Audio support to be reverse engineered for the Chromebox)

Comment

Hi, i like the Brix 2807 more as it is fanless, has usb 3.0 (1x though) and HDMI audio out. Tested with Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu it had no problems playing full HD material. Gaming is possible with older games, otherwise not than funny. However, it feels fine as an HTPC.

Skickat från min LG-D855 via Tapatalk

Comment

Downside of the Brix 2807 vs the HP is that the GPU in the Brix 2807 has a significantly poorer GPU.

Whilst the 2957U can do Lanczos 3 scaling and Motion Compensated De-interlacing, the 2807 can do only Bilinear and Bob (or possibly Motion Adaptive if the drivers get fixed) in OpenElec.

The 2957U GPU has 10 Execution Units and Haswell graphics, the 2807 only 4 and Ivy Bridge.

If you only want to play 1080p content then the Brix 2807 will be fine. If you want to watch 1080i, or SD content then the HP Stream will be better as the upscaling and de-interlacing will be better with the 10EU HSW GPU rather than 4EU IVB one.

If you don't need the better graphics and prefer fanless then the Brix 2807 may well be a better fit for you. However if you want to use your box for Kodi and particularly if you watch Live/Recorded TV and SD content, the HP will do a higher quality job.
              Last edited by noggin; 01-27-2015, 11:29.

Comment

Originally posted by noggin View Post
                Downside of the Brix 2807 vs the HP is that the GPU in the Brix 2807 has a significantly poorer GPU.

Whilst the 2957U can do Lanczos 3 scaling and Motion Compensated De-interlacing, the 2807 can do only Bilinear and Bob (or possibly Motion Adaptive if the drivers get fixed) in OpenElec.

The 2957U GPU has 10 Execution Units and Haswell graphics, the 2807 only 4 and Ivy Bridge.

If you only want to play 1080p content then the Brix 2807 will be fine. If you want to watch 1080i, or SD content then the HP Stream will be better as the upscaling and de-interlacing will be better with the 10EU HSW GPU rather than 4EU IVB one.

If you don't need the better graphics and prefer fanless then the Brix 2807 may well be a better fit for you. However if you want to use your box for Kodi and particularly if you watch Live/Recorded TV and SD content, the HP will do a higher quality job.
                Excellent explanation and detail. That what I try to tell, 2957U give more CPU horse power and GPU power (Haswell GPU better than most Bay Trail and Ivy Bridge) with similar price point. If light gaming also needed along with your HTPC so this CPU should be better.

Anyway Broadwell Celeron coming out and for similar class, Intel CPU 3755U (12-16 Execute Unit), expected to have more GPU power about twice than 2975U. The 8th gen Intel HD Graphic will also have addition new codec support for H.265 and V9. I'm waiting to see that.

Celeron 3755U details and features.

Comment

Thanks for the insights. Undeniable, any Haswell based GPU performs better than Bay Trail. Let's see what Intel's presenting next.

Comment

Anyone know how the performance for this device would be with 4k? H. 265?

Comment

Broke down and bought HP STREAM MINI from the microsoft store. With the education discount,taxes, it came in at 180$CDN. The only thing I didn't like was the colour.(BLUE)

Will be interesting to compare the performance with this compared to my PIPO X7

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by djamm View Post
                        Broke down and bought HP STREAM MINI from the microsoft store. With the education discount,taxes, it came in at 180$CDN. The only thing I didn't like was the colour.(BLUE)

Will be interesting to compare the performance with this compared to my PIPO X7

Cheers
                        HP windows perfomance
                        CPUScore : 5,7
                        D3DScore : 4,9
                        DiskScore : 7,5
                        GraphicsScore : 4,9
                        MemoryScore : 5,5
                        TimeTaken : MostRecentAssessment
                        WinSATAssessmentState : 1
                        WinSPRLevel : 4,9
                        PSComputerName :

Pipo windows perfomance