Intel W8.1 VS Android confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel W8.1 VS Android confused

I am truly confused between windows vs Android. I thought that W8.1 is the way to go, then Minix introduces Z264 with both W8.1 and Android. Why are they still introducing the Android version, also Beelink will have both W8.1 and their new Amlogic S812 S82 plus.
    Which is better for video and mainly Kodi? Please reply with simple suggestions.
    Thanks

As far as I know, Windows is by far the best for video and kodi. But Android is way more accesible and easy to use, and I wouldn't be shocked if a lot people would chose it over Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by minonano View Post
      I am truly confused between windows vs Android. I thought that W8.1 is the way to go, then Minix introduces Z264 with both W8.1 and Android. Why are they still introducing the Android version, also Beelink will have both W8.1 and their new Amlogic S812 S82 plus.
      Which is better for video and mainly Kodi? Please reply with simple suggestions.
      Thanks
      If u're interested (like me) mostly in Kodi i'd wait for the upcoming boxes with Intel chipsets (Cherry Trail, Haswell, Braswell) for renewed power and video acceleration, and windows environment.
      If you can't wait you can get a cheap rk3288 with HEVC acceleration (i've got meself a Beelink R89 with latest SPMC, and i'm really happy about it).

Comment

Originally posted by AndreaSpooky View Post
        If u're interested (like me) mostly in Kodi i'd wait for the upcoming boxes with Intel chipsets (Cherry Trail, Haswell, Braswell) for renewed power and video acceleration, and windows environment.
        If you can't wait you can get a cheap rk3288 with HEVC acceleration (i've got meself a Beelink R89 with latest SPMC, and i'm really happy about it).
        Thanks for your reply, but I read that Amlogic S812, beelink S82Plus is better for movies, while RK3288 is more powerfull for games, which I do not use. Do you agree?
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by minonano View Post
          Thanks for your reply, but I read that Amlogic S812, beelink S82Plus is better for movies, while RK3288 is more powerfull for games, which I do not use. Do you agree?
          Thanks
          if S812 uses the same codec of s802 in Kodi (and i guess the answer is yes), i wouldnt take the amlogic.
          I have an s802 and the AML rendering of movies in Kodi is all washed out/ghostly, like its low quality.
          But i admit my ignorance about s812.

Anyway, personally, after 5 android boxes for Kodi i'm finally sticking to windows.
          I'm personally tired of android and i WANT windows features/apps, especially for kodi, torrenting and cataloguing in general (which is usually related to Kodi).

Comment

Working...
          X