ZOTAC ZBOX nano CI320 other bay trail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZOTAC ZBOX nano CI320 other bay trail

ZOTAC ZBOX nano CI320 : ( buy 175,00 $ TTC with shipping costs )

barebone solution ( without hard disk and without SDRAM )

- CPU : Intel Celeron N2930 (quad-core, 1.83 GHz) Burst frequency up to 2.16 GHz
    - GPU : Intel HD Graphics
    - Memory DDR3L 1333 MHz up to 8GB
    - 3D API DirectX 11.1 / OpenGL 4.3
    - Networking Ethernet 10/100/1000Mbps
    - WiFi 802.11ac WiFi antenna 1 + Bluetooth 4.0
    - Audio Analog Stereo output & Digital 8-ch via DVI-HDMI adapter, S/PDIF
    - Hard Drive Support 2.5-inch SATA 3.0 Gb/s HDD/SSD
    - Memory Card Reader 3-in-1 (SD/SDHC/SDXC)
    - Ports : HDMI-DisplayPort-eSATA- 4 x USB 3.0 (back panel) 2 x USB 2.0 (front)
    - passive cooling ( no fan )

OS Compatibility linux - android - windows 7/8/10 ...

I installed a 4Gb RAM DDR3 and an old HDD 2.5 7200RPM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I installed windows 10 (64 Bits) preview on HDD ( free for 1 year )

I also tested it KEY USB3 :

- I installed openelec in KEY USB, (not in live USB), thus, I can install my plugins.

- I tested installed android in key USB, but do not want installed, (android in live, works well)

android-4.4.2_r1-ia2-baytrail_generic-userdebug ( works, but no sound, not much compatible apk, stutter video, a little )
    Link : https://01.org/android-ia/downloads

Android-x86 4.4-r2 EFI image ( very best, antutu 38.802, video correct in HD, playstore ok, all apk ok, but no sound )
    Link : http://sourceforge.net/projects/andr...2.img/download

If anyone has a solution, for the "driver audio android, bay trail ", will be good.

For testing in "windows 10", with the videos 1080P/ 720p / Xvid Dvix and others
    in hard disk or stream web, ...no comments ...Waouh, it's very beautiful.

Now I have a system, 3 boot independent:

1) Hard disk intern, Windows 10

2) key USB, Openelec 5.0.2 full install

3) key USB, Android 4.4 full install

No need to make a Multiboot, complicated, delicate and if there is a new firmware android or a news OS, we must all reinstalled.

Better is worth 3 OS, independent, it's cleaner.

Someone already installed, android ROM "bay trail" in its box and you have the sound?

Comment

namely :

In mode BIOS UEFI = there are not many linux distribution that works, currently there :

- All windows
      - openElec link version EFI = http://openelec.tv/get-openelec
      - Android link = https://01.org/android-ia/downloads
      - others android link version EFI = http://sourceforge.net/projects/andr...2.img/download

In mode BIOS LEGACY = all works, except versions in EFI ( UEFI )

- All windows
      - All linux
      - Openelec
      - android 5.0.2 (in BIOS LEGACY mode) link = http://www.mediafire.com/download/ik...5.0.2gaaps.iso
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      My configuration is done in BIOS UEFI and hard drive formatted in GPT.

Hi, I made a little video ( 3 independent boot ), with windows 10, android 4.4.4 and Openelec 5.0.2.
      I compress video of 500 Mb to 16 Mb, the quality is average.

Link : https://mega.co.nz/#!DQkEEDQa!wwaILl...V_5gXTXioyNdKk

With windows10 = the video is very good, with the H265 in kodi is very perfect, with 4K is stutter but, this is the best result I have had until now.

With android = the firmwares of the site (intel), it is still in BETA TEST, the sound does not work.
      the best version for android is ( Android-x86 4.4-r2 EFI, the link up ), but the sound does not work.

with openelec = video is very good, but menu navigation is slow and some bugs.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I'll test configuration BIOS ( LEGACY mode ), and hard drive formatted in DDOS.

Dualboot in hard drive internal, KodiBuntu/windows10 and full install others linux in USB key.

This is just to see the difference and what works best.
      I make a little video, if someone want.

Comment

Hi, ok Android-x86 4.4-r2 EFI, works perfectly with sound ( I connected a jack 3.5 zotac to a audio amplifiers ).
        No sound via HDMI.

Generic video driver works well, but stutters a little.

1) How to open ROMS android bay trail?

2) How to integrate the videos drivers, or others, in ( bay trail Intel Celeron N2930 ) ROMS android?

why people, has not yet invented a android app, to install the drivers?

obviously, you must have the drivers compatible android, hope to the manufacturers will do.

I hope Intel will manufacture, a ROM with all drivers for bay trail.

Comment

hi, small summary of my tests ( videos tested with kodi and mpc-hc64 ) :

1) videos in streaming web and hard disk, usb, ... :

- Resolution 4K, Quad-Full-HD, 3840x2160, 30 fps, mp4 = perfect
          - Resolution Full HD, 1920x1080, 30 fps, mp4 = perfect

Sources link : http://kodi.wiki/view/Test_files
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          - Resolution 2K (2048x858) FPS: 23.976 = perfect
          - Resolution 1080p (1920x800) FPS: 23.976 = perfect
          - others Resolution 720p, divx xvid, ... = perfect

Sources link : http://www.digital-digest.com/movies/index.php
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          For game, "crysis", no full options but totally functional, no of stutter.

I had bought a joystick (Tronsmart Mars jeu G01) to 20€, there is two months and the battery was still good.

Double Motor Vibration, works with windows8.1, no driver required for installation (I did not notice), works perfectly with windows8.1.
          I tested several OS, windows 7,8.1,10 in UEFI and Legacy, ...several distributions linux, ubuntu, ubuntu/kodi, linux mind, ..."Openelec function in UEFI and Legacy".

Dual boot windows10/Kodibuntu, Dual boot windows10/ubuntu, Dual boot windows10/OpenElec, ok.

Installed android and others linux distributions in USB key, all works well.

the versions android for bay trail, still with drivers generic for zotac.
          Power Consumption:

In terms of power consumption, the ZOTAC ZBOX PI320 Pico is frugal, thanks to the economical 2.2-watts SoC. When idle, just over five watts for the entire system were measured. With Prime95 on all four cores, the power consumption increased to 7.8 watts. When putting a strain on the integrated Intel HD Graphics, we measured 9.7 watts. In essence: the ZOTAC ZBOX the PI320 Pico is extremely economical and an absolute record holder in this discipline considering its performance.

Sources link : http://www.hardwareluxx.com/index.ph...o.html?start=4
          Temperatures:

Nothing to reproach when it comes to temperature levels. However, we were only able to measure the temperature of the Intel SoC. 58°C when idle, 71°C when under load: summer temperatures will not make it sweat.

Sources link : http://www.hardwareluxx.com/index.ph...o.html?start=4
          conclusions :

MEDIA PLAYER = perfect
          GAMERS = perfect (for me)
          PC = perfect
          Noise Level = 0,0 dB perfect
          Power Consumption = perfect
          Temperatures = no perfect, BUT

I used the ZBOX, for 12H00 continuous, games, films, tests and others, and after 12H00, in the BIOS the temperature was 61°C, my room was in 22°C.

Ok, is a barebone, but for me, this is one of the best "box media player" price / quality.

If you think, that there is better, tell you the community.

This is not the ADVERTISING, it's just to help people choose well, their products.
          Now, I'll test android ROM with virtualbox and VMWARE, the "box bay trail" options in the BIOS for virtualization, we'll see if the tests are conclusive.

Comment

TDP at the N2930 is 7.5W... Anyway, also ok, because you get more power (also at the GPU) than at the Z3735/6F (2.2W)...

Your video tests... at which OS?

Because of heat, what's about heat sink modding like at the pipo X7?
            But if I have a look at http://www.hardwareluxx.de/index.php...t.html?start=3 or http://www.fanlesstech.com/2014/06/z...ermal-pad.html it seems to be very compact?
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Also considered CI320 since it has valid Windows 8 license, as well as pretty fast emmc.
              But for me negatives are the following:
              - mediocre cooling (no improve possible as this would void warranty), CPU is clearly on its limit during high loads
              - expensive, compared to China devices which can be purchased almost 100$ cheaper(in my case), also more aftermarket modification friendly

Comment

Hi / Salut !

Thanks for your tests, I now consider this box as an option for my next tv box. You said you used Tronsmart G01, but with wich OS ? Mine is working on Android but on Windows 7 64 bits it did not since I haven't found Windows drivers from Tronsmart.

Comment

Hi no_spam_for_me, for the heat, I think this is not a problem, for me.
                  These MINI PC, are not made for lasting, like the old PC that lasted 20 years.
                  IT must be used the ZBOX, as a media player, and not as PC.
                  If used for 3 to 4 hours per day, he will live for 5 years, perhaps even more.
                  But I think if I use 1 or 2 years, after resale, and buy a new model.

yes, I bought a "Kingston HyperX SSD, HyperX 3K", when working ..., but him I will keep it for other future mini PC.

J have done 3 photos, the plate cooling metal is very heavy, but it is possible to remove it and put a fan, there are also 2 connectors for fan.

Link : https://mega.co.nz/#!OMFFQL5S!SXy-U-...bcNNDX1s_ZEEu0

Personally, it works great without fan, I keep that way.

yes, I lost the warranty, but I confidence on the hardware, and if there is a problem, I'd rather fix it myself.

I installed windows 8.1 ( windows 10 is not yet finalized ), for test videos, I tested all, windows 8.1/10, ubuntu, ect, the tests video is perfect.
                  Hi Sader,

1) windows 10 is free for 1 years, can be windows 10 + bing will cost € 15 or otherwise ubuntu, linux minds, android

or others is free.

2) The ZBOX, costing the same price Minix Z64.

ok, ok, no Dram and no hard disk, but ZBOX is scalable and we can always sell it at a good price.

I also wanted to participate with the community in the project "Z3735", but I have décommender 2 times, because

Chinese stores had problems.

I expect the next generation, cherry trail.
                  ---

Someone may say, what he thinks of bay trail Z3735 or say for him,
                  which is the best MINI PC (intel bay trail) currently.

Comment

Hi curunoir, Tronsmart G01 with windows 8.1 (license), I is not windows 7 with license, but it should work with windows 7 ( put option x in the joystick ).

Comment

Hey Moulin, those are some great tests and write-ups. After burying my Draco in the basement (no tears), I'm now waiting for my ZOTAC CI320 to arrive. It's the PLUS version, with 64gb SSD and 2gb memory installed. My primary use will be either Openelec or KodiBuntu; (but I may try one of your dual schemes with Win 8).

My questions for you are: 1) which mode gives the best results in Openelec - UEFI or Legacy? 2) If I opt for Legacy, do I have to reformat the SSD first? 3) Does running Openelec from a USB 3 stick produce lag?

It seems you consistently achieved the best video results in Windoze, so maybe I should plan to leave it installed (after it does 137 updates...)

Nice work, Sir..

Comment

hehehe, I don't think 137 updates will be enough (that's why I call it errorsoft BS)

If you want to boot something from USB you should also have a look at the random access speed-values and not only if it is USB 3.0 or "only" USB 2.0 (sequential r/w)... The Samsung EVO (micro)SD at e.g. a "Transcend TS-RDF5" or an "Anker® USB 3.0 Card Reader 8-in-1" could be a good solution...

RK3288 Devices
                        - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Thanks for the wise advice, No_Spam, can always count on your superb technical knowledge base. I will try an EVO card in a card reader. I also have a Sandisk Ultra Plus (16gb) micro-SD lying around, think that will be any good?

Comment

I only found something about the 32GB Sandisk Ultra (not the Plus)
                            http://www.amazon.com/review/R3K08IP...41966&store=pc
                            But here you can see the performance of the 32GB Samsung Evo
                            http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...054#post391054
                            (BTW: basically the values at random 4k are (a little bit) lower at lower sized cards)
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

I need to get a compact USB 3 card reader. I found one from Transcend off **** that should meet my needs. Even cheaper from Amazon..

http://www.****.com/itm/111618032420

Comment

Working...
                              X