Egreat i6 - how to reset bios? i did something stupid in the bios :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Egreat i6 - how to reset bios? i did something stupid in the bios :D

playing with the bios, while trying to make my mini pc boot usb devices, i disabled usb3.0 from there.

i thought it was useless to keep it enabled since it has usb2.0.... but this way i totally disabled the usb ports at boot and i can't anymore access bios pushing del key, just through advanced boot setting in windows 8.1.

but since usb are disabled in bios.... i can't move through options.

is there any safe solution to reset the bios settings?

thanks!

Can you use the keyboard in Windows?

If yes, reflash the BIOS and the default settings will be restored.

This procedure has been reported to solve this problem in similar devices.

To be able to remotely access your device in the case Windows is loading but you cannot use a keyboard and a mouse, you have to enable Remote Desktop Connection by installing the open source RDP Wrapper Library v1.5. This is one of the first things you should do to your Windows installation.

Comment

This may work...
      from the VOYO thread....you choice to try if all else fails

Let know how you go
      Cheers
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by loko View Post
        Can you use the keyboard in Windows?

If yes, reflash the BIOS and the default settings will be restored.

This procedure has been reported to solve this problem in similar devices.

To be able to remotely access your device in the case Windows is loading but you cannot use a keyboard and a mouse, you have to enable Remote Desktop Connection by installing the open source RDP Wrapper Library v1.5. This is one of the first things you should do to your Windows installation.

thanks!

but.... how and where can i find the right bios file to flash?

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
          This may work...
          from the VOYO thread....you choice to try if all else fails

Let know how you go
          Cheers
          now i'm reading the thread you linked, it is a way to save the bios on computer and then flash it again?
          have i well understood?

Comment

Originally posted by lothian77 View Post
            now i'm reading the thread you linked, it is a way to save the bios on computer and then flash it again?
            have i well understood?
            I think you will a need a Bios to re flash is how I read it.
            Your Bios currently is no good you may need to get new file to re-flash.
            This is all new and needs to be trialed and tested to be 100%
            Maybe contact Egreat may send you file.
            Cheers
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
              I think you will a need a Bios to re flash is how I read it.
              Your Bios currently is no good you may need to get new file to re-flash.
              This is all new and needs to be trialed and tested to be 100%
              Maybe contact Egreat may send you file.
              Cheers
              i tried to contact egreat, no answers....

Comment

But without any access to the device you wouldn't be able to flash the BIOS...
                Also I don't know if e.g. open source RDP Wrapper Library v1.5, TightVNC, TeamViewer and so on will really help (of course you have to install it before you loose the access to the device) because, if I'm not wrong, all connectivity (eth and WiFi) also works via USB ???
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                  But without any access to the device you wouldn't be able to flash the BIOS...
                  Also I don't know if e.g. open source RDP Wrapper Library v1.5, TightVNC, TeamViewer and so on will really help (of course you have to install it before you loose the access to the device) because, if I'm not wrong, all connectivity (eth and WiFi) also works via USB ???
                  If you look carefully at the first post, lothian77 says that he can enter the BIOS through Advanced Startup Options in Windows 8.1, so I guess that the keyboard and mouse work fine under Windows.

If I remember correctly, I think that Windows is configured to read BIOS settings and boot, then it has the capability to override these settings and replace them with optimized ones. This is why you can change low level settings through the Device Manager, and through some advanced utilities. Based on that, I guess that Windows can enable USB access that has previously been disabled through the BIOS. All that is needed is that the BIOS is configured to boot Windows. Disabling USB access from the BIOS should not affect USB access from Windows, so you can still have access to BIOS flashing and you can restore the USB access from the BIOS.

Originally posted by lothian77 View Post
                  thanks!

but.... how and where can i find the right bios file to flash?
                  If you cannot find the original factory BIOS, try to extract your BIOS with the flashing utilities and reflash it. If it does not work, ask from another user having exactly the same device to extract his BIOS and share it with you to flash it. Needless to say, be very careful with the flashing procedure.

Comment

yes, i have a completely usable system, only problem is that if i access the bios i cannot move in the options.

so, i'm a bit scared of doing a potentially dangerous operation before some feedback, i'm not a big expert in flashing, so i wait a bit until this procedure seems safe

thanks for help

Comment

Originally posted by loko View Post
                      If you look carefully at the first post, lothian77 says that he can enter the BIOS through Advanced Startup Options in Windows 8.1, so I guess that the keyboard and mouse work fine under Windows.
                      :
                      OK, I missed this (because of all the different "bricked" BIOS threads )...
                      Anyway, if you also loose the way to access to the device at windows, I think the way via remote desktop doesn't really helps (but of course it's a way if you only "kill" your GPU settings and loose you output via HDMI)...
                      RK3288 Devices
                      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Working...
                      X