X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo X8 coming in May 2015

Saw this on Google+.

And a Video
    Looks Interesting hope they get the cooling sorted.
    PiPO X8 is a Mini PC dual-OS (Windows 8 and Android) with 7" display, Intel Atom Bay Trail, 2GB RAM and 16/32GB ROM. Hands-on

Cheers
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

An interesting concept adding a display, which may well go down well for business users on the move but for a consumer unit, the display is rather low quality at just 1024x600.

The box still utilises Baytrail and may find itself swamped quickly by cherrytrail devices.

I suspect that the addition of a display will potentially bump the price up quite a lot too.

As far as cooling issues are concerned, when I contacted them about it, they denied that there was an issue as were unable to recreate the same situations as users on Freaktab.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Looks like a great alternative to beloved, and dead, Chumby.

Comment

Looks like it will stink as a tablet and stink even worse as a TV box. How do you get the screen to shut down while watching TV?. I see no advantage to this setup. And yes it looks like heat dissipation may be an issue unless there's another one of their noisy cheap fans in it. I need further convincing before I can accept something like this.

Comment

he said the windows licence price for a device with such display is free, when the licence has a cost on a traditional TV box, so the consumer should benefit from that as the ols speced 7" screen should be very cheap...

Comment

Ha ha. So they've added a display to get around Microsoft licensing?! How professional!!

Comment

Interesting design.. haha

Comment

Presale is up: http://www.geekbuying.com/item/PIPO-...ck-344437.html

Comment

far too many of these are coming w/ 32gb of drive space... far to low, imo
                    64gb and up is where it's at.. or leave space for a HDD..

Comment

Working...
                    X