Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Day PIPO X8 Mini TV BOX Windows 8.1 Android 4.4 Dual Boot Intel Z3736F Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe its an App to click I can never remeber ,look in all apps
    Or maybe your friend was not such a good friendy
    sorry
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

OK Thank you, once I adjusted the screen to fit my tv I found the pull down screen on the top right corner, with that switch.

Thanks again, have a nice day

Comment

Originally posted by bunanson View Post

No. Adjust your TV set

"...And i haven't find out to properly root the android section. Which version might work ? ...?..."

Mine came rooted already. Did you check for root? If not, try towel root.

bun
        Hello,

I am in the same boat as docop. I am unable to root (X8 is not pre-rooted; checked with Root Checker). I have the 64GB 2G version from GearBest (this model does not have a micro-USB port...).

I attempted to use TowelRoot (no luck). I tried KingRoot (without success), and now KingRoot is embedded in the system and cannot be uninstalled (only disabled)!

Any help with rooting Android on the Pipo X8 would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Hi all,

i receave my Pipo X8 yesturday with Windows 10 Home.

But i didn't set windows ecause a administrator account is already created. His name is "W".

I would like rename this admin acocunt with my name.

Is it possible?

Comment

hey guys im trying to connect my headset with this device via bluetooth but it wont find it. It does find phones and other bluetooth devices but it wont find my headset or other bluetooth headsets. could this be an issue with the device itself or am i doing something wrong?

Comment

Hi could any one tell me if the WiFi antennae could be extended on a cable for use in a campervan

Comment

Originally posted by pmcd View Post
                Well I installed Ubuntu on the whole drive (30 gig). Everything except the internal sound and touchscreen works fine. WiFi is great, even installed XBMC. It created a Fat32 partition to deal with EFI, then the main ext3 partition and then a swap partition. I should have partitioned the drive first into 8gigs and unallocated but at least the PiPO booted.

The PiPO will not boot in CSM mode ( the old way). It will boot off a FAT 32 drive (EFI can emulate things for that to happen) and a GPT disk. The problems I was having booting all those utility disks is related to the whole UEFI thing. Rufus will creat an mbr+UEFI-CSM drive but that is essentially useless. UEFI-CSM doesn't work on the PiPO. Mbr does if using FAT32 but you then need suitable efi files in the root or in an EFI folder. The Surface Pro will also only boot UEFI disks. So a utility like the Hiren CD won't work.

The plot thickens.
                how did you manage to install ubuntu ?

Comment

also im wondering if i can delete all other partitions to use up the whole drive for windows or any other OS i might wana install

Comment

So I'm trying to find a nice all in one car pc. I think Pipo X8 would fit the bill nicely. However, I have one concern. It needs constant 12v supply or it seems to turn off right? I understand that there is a micro USB, but I'm not sure if it is like a tablet where it can be used to power and otg. I also know there is no battery installed. Two questions for you enthusiasts, is it possible to add an external battery pack that will give a constant supply to Pipo, and when that starts running out, the windows or android portion of x8 can shut down/hibernate on its on, or is there another solution. I know there are intelligent DC DC converters out there. They run around $70 a piece, but I'm sure I can find one a little cheaper, but they are for ITX. I looked at the diagrams, but I cannot seem to find out how I would wire those converters to the X8. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

Comment

I've been trying to root the Android side of this device (64GB version with no micro-usb port) but have got stuck. My plan was to use the PC version of Kingoroot but if I connect the X8 to my PC via USB it doesn't show under Device Manager. I have ADB & ADB USB drivers installed already but ADB doesn't see the device and neither does Kingoroot. The Pipo website is next to useless as half of the pages are in Chinese. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Comment

Hello everybody, just registered here as this seems to be a great forum for all questions relatet to the Pipo x8. I read a lot these days here and learned quite a lot, thank you all for that! Its an old thread, maybe we can "restart" it somehow, as you all use your Pipo X8/X9 now for more than a year?

I got my Pipo X8 64GB yesterday, and I´m quite happy with it! It came with windows 10, needed some updates witch took quite some time and quite some restarts, but all fine, no issues at all! Followed these suggestions as well: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...th-the-pipo-x7 Thanks!

I was concerned about the heat issue due to reading this forum and ordered some little heatsinks to glue them on the bottom side of the Pipo, but so far the Pipo floor got just a littla warm not hot at all. But I have not checked temperatures with a program so far. https://de.aliexpress.com/item/10-pc...608.0.0.VdcWZ1
                        https://de.aliexpress.com/item/40Pcs....0.VdcWZ1&deta ilNewVersion=&categoryId=5093001

Have not received the heatsinks so far. As I ordered them the same day in China as I ordered the Pipo on Amazon, I´ll probably wait another month or two for them. Seeing now how tiny the Pipo is, probably I would have ordered just 6mm altitude heatsinks... Or none? ;-)

Mainly the goal is to use it as a Media Player. Kodi for movies, via TV and "Stand alone Juke box style" Mp3 Player connected to a classic Stereo Amplifier with this great little toy here:http://www.project-audio.com/main.ph...efault&lang=en Thats a simple and excellent sounding external Sound Card I use since many years. Its recognized directly without any drivers needed in WIndows and Android by this box.

So far so good: Pipo is delivering Sound to my TV via HDMI, and to my Stereo with the external sound card from ProJect.

But I got remaining questions:

1) Is there any chance to mirror the Pipo X8 screen and a Full HD TV to see and use ecactly the same "Desktop" in their different resolutions covering all the screen? I could just figure out mirrored with only use of a small part of my TV, or some sort of "2 Sceen next to eachother mode" that doesnt come really handy wheather you´re using just the touch screen or Just the TV.
                        Surprisingly that does not seem to be an Issue using Android.

Maybe I should try to use all Pure Audio functions I wanna do with the X8 on Android, to enjoy the touchscreen usability, and all TV functions on Windows 10 to avoid those screen resolution issues?

2) About the screen resolution thing: Would that have been much better with the Pipo X9 as it has a close to HD screen? I did not order in China directly so I probably still could send back the X8 and swap to the X9.

3) It would be great if you guys could just share your use, and the programs/settings that have worked for all you great on the Pipo. Maybe we could make a little collection of useful Apps and Programs that worked great for you on the X8/X9/X10, so I (and all the new Pipo users) don´t have to make all the mistakes you have already made... ;-) Would be great if you could add if you used that program or function in Windows or Android.

I guess I can start with one program that seems to work really nice on the Android system with the touchscreen of the X8 thats the "BlackPlayer Music Player". I use the "BlackPlayer EX" as I used that on my Phone as well, It was worth the donation for me to use it without ads.

Would be great if many of you could contribute!

Comment

Is there any way to use the ROM that exists for the PiPO X9 with android 5.1 in our device?

I think that apart from the larger screen should not have large differences in hardware.

Comment

PIPO X8 as a car PC, navigation, media & ODBII.
                            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

maybe i am a bit late, but: i have the same problem as pmcd had. i succesfully installed win10 on my pipo x8, and i try to install android with the help of wintoand.exe but it fails (flash_cmds error).

So as i found out on this thread it is an issue of the Android Firmware for Pipo X8 and i need, as it was here suggested, the Android files from an Minix Z64 to mix them up with my android files from the X8, but i cannot find them anywhere. I tried to mix them up with the files of an MK36 but i get the same error. Does anybody of you guys know how i can proceed? Or maybe someone has the Android firmware from an Minix Z64? I would appreciate it very much!! Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                              X