Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Day PIPO X8 Mini TV BOX Windows 8.1 Android 4.4 Dual Boot Intel Z3736F Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buhohitr View Post
    I have been used this X8 for a few days and I think it's the best bang for the bucks. Both Android (4.4.4kitkat) and Windows Bing activated are runing super smooth. The 7" display is a plus...hand down!!
    Does it come with the Google Play Store? In Android mode does it fill the TV screen?

Comment

I had not activated Android side of this Box until Now......
      Yes to Playstore, and yes to Android Full screen option in HDMI setting.

Cheers

treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

@trebor
        Thanks. Do you find 32GB ok for both operating systems? I am about to order one from China ( am in Canada) and I saw there was a 64GB one but GearBest and other stores I know of don't carry it.

What is the case made out of? Plastic or metal?

Which side works better?

philip

Comment

It performs well for the minimal ram it has. More Ram is always good for windows, you can always remove android if you find it a problem.
          Metal base rest plastic, solid.
          Both work well I find i have a few of these boxes surprised how well windows can work
          Android is android.

Cheers
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

If you remove Android can you get it back? Do you think 64GB is worth it? Seems to be such a neat product so it would be nice to splurge! I wonder if Windows 10 would work?

Comment

Unsure about getting it back I guess if you made an image or something it may work.
              Yes windows 10 does work well on these boxes.
              Another 30 bucks or so for extra 32g a bit rich I think.

Cheers

treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Android up and running

I have now activated the Android side of this Box and fairly impressed with how its working out.
                Can be configured to display Full screen on TV

More test to come

Installed a few apps testing etc looking ok at this stage.....

But noticed only 4 GB of storage available on the android side. odd but enough I guess for basic stuff.

Installed Asphalt 8 used with Blue Tooth Gamepad no problems in detection easy.
                Game plays well I still drive like crap no matter what Android system I put this game on.

Cheers
                Last edited by trebor; 06-25-2015, 10:41.
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Wher is the best shop to buy from and the best price?
                  btw can you check how
                  Silverlight works in Windows Mode? via explorer or
                  Mozilla Firefox ....thanks.

Comment

As i mentioned Silverlight can be a little heavy on these boxes.
                    Price is much the same all over Important thing who has stock ready to ship.

Cheers

treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thanks trebor for all the great information. Just a few more questions. Can you increase the 32GB by either adding an SD card or perhaps replacing the internal 32GB memory assuming it is some kind of mini ssd or whatever it is? For example, could the Android partition be moved to an SSD or an external hard drive?

The 32GB version is substantially less expensive from the places I know ( and trust). For some odd reason the 64GB version is over $30 US more.

You seemed to imply that you can't get more than 720p if you use an external monitor, such as a TV, as the only screen ( with the internal monitor "off")? Does that mean you can only get 1024p or whatever the top is by mirroring?

Can you reboot from Windows to Android using only the remote, or do you have to actually push a button?

Is the power supply certified by some kind of safety standard?

Comment

Yes you can add TF card,
                        Yes 64gb is a bit rich as you say
                        Screen out is 1080 just a little cropped on my TV I just put my TV into full view and all is ok.
                        They dont have a remote, to switch between o/s is just an icon on the screen.

I use my own power supply to be sure local certified unit to be sure.

Cheers

treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Well I broke down and ordered the 32 gig version from GearBest with DHL 3-7 day shipping. Did you get a 12v/2.4A
                          local power supply? Easy to find 12v/2A or even higher than 2.4A but seems tricky to get exactly 2.4A. Does it matter if you use a slightly higher amp rated power supply?

Philip

Comment

More amps is always good, so 2.4 ~ 3 amps no problems
                            treboR
                            Please consider
                            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

hi trebor..thnaks for the useful info. i bought my pipox8 few days ago and id like to upgrade the firmware thru geekbuying tutorial..but it doesnt have BIOS folder for PIPO X8. I would ask if you have BIOS FILE for PIPO X8...thanks in advance.

Comment

Sorry I don't have file, just had a read the post on the Blog will see whats its all about.

Cheers
                                treboR
                                Please consider
                                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Working...
                                X