Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Day PIPO X8 Mini TV BOX Windows 8.1 Android 4.4 Dual Boot Intel Z3736F Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Trebor,

tldr: Is there a way to setup a auto-on/boot with power for android?

Thanks for your helpful write-up, it's been the most detailed and useful review i've found...mind you there arn't many out there yet :P
    I was just wondering, before I took the dive and made a purchase; I know it's a bit obscure but is there a setting for auto-on with power for android?
    i.e. turn on the dc power and the tablet would start, and than presumably go into either the boot-loader or OS

Cheers mate

Comment

No sure and don't think so

May be something in the PIPO X7 thread.
      As it does not use a lot of power you could nearly leave it on 24/7 in android mode as an option.
      Does have a sleep mode in android you can set up to 30 minutes

Cheers
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

HI trebor can you check for me if yesgo app running in this tv box on android? yesgo is like watching Netflix but in israel
        this is the app link...

i only need to know if the app let you to see the log in menu or if you get error msg that your system not support it.

thanks

Comment

Netflix works for me on this device
          Unable to down load yes~go region thing...
          Cheers
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Hi

Re the 5mm blue thermal. Did you use the super duper expensive German variety or the cheaper Chinese which claims 3.2 w/mk

Comment

I got mine for RS online in AU cant find the exact Part
              Found it
              was only 1.2 m/kw a price thing does the job well.

Cheers
              Last edited by trebor; 06-25-2015, 09:54.
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Hi,

I have just ordered the x8. Can´t wait till it arrives. But I have a question. Does the bios support 64 bit OS?

Comment

I have had mine for around 5 days. Android is 64 bits but Windows is 32. I don't think you can dual boot with a 64 bit Windows. Still, it's actually a very neat gadget.

Comment

Originally posted by pmcd View Post
                    If you remove Android can you get it back? Do you think 64GB is worth it? Seems to be such a neat product so it would be nice to splurge! I wonder if Windows 10 would work?
                    The manufacturer has uploaded files to restore it. I'm not sure how these work as i dont speak chinese

百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

Comment

You can use iRoot for PC to root PIPO X8.

You will recieve a message said that your PIPO is Rooted. Just click Re-Root button and wait for your PIPO to restart,
                      Last edited by peterscm; 07-08-2015, 16:57.

Comment

Hi,

The PIPO X8 really seems to be a nice device. I do have some questions though:

- Is DTS pass through via HDMI supported (Win/Android)?
                        - Can the small screen be dimmed/switched off while you watch a movie on a connected TV set (in clone mode)? If you do not clone the screen I guess you cannot control the device with the touchscreen anymore.
                        - Does anybody know how much power it consumes? It would be nice to have it as a "always on" device - e.g. for Spotify...

Thanks for your help!

Cheers

Comment

Hi fload

Small screen can be dimmed but not to black. your correct about clone mode etc.
                          Small air mouse/keyboard you could use go to Single view on TV then us Mouse to go back to clone or extended view.

I have a One of those plug in power meter reader doohickeys,
                          if I am reading it correctly over 4 hours the amount of usage was a massive 0.017 kwh,
                          5~5.5w while watching movies, idle was down to 4~4.5w peak was about 7~8 when doing more stuff Wi-Fi etc.
                          Meter states +/- 2% for whats that worth

Cant test DTS pass through at present someone else may have the goods on that.

Cheers
                          treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Can't you have Kodi on TV display and a web control for Kodi on the touch screen?

Comment

Originally posted by peterscm
                              You can use iRoot for PC to root PIPO X8.

You will recieve a message said that your PIPO is Rooted. Just click Re-Root button and wait for your PIPO to restart,
                              Does rooting it give you any further functionality? I assume the rooting is for the Android side?

philip

Comment

Originally posted by Methanoid
                                Can't you have Kodi on TV display and a web control for Kodi on the touch screen?
                                Under Windows you can use the extended screen option. What isn't clear to me is how to assign various processes to various screens. I guess someone used to using two screens with Windows would know. Perhaps it's as simple as dragging a Window to the 2nd screen in which case you could do what you are suggesting. I have tried it but was a bit baffled and went back to using only the TV screen. The small negative there is the small screen doesn't turn off completely. It would be nice to be able to dim it completely, or somehow to make it black.

When I boot into Android I have to rescale things to get the screen to fit my TV. It doesn't seem to remember the settings.

Comment

Working...
                                X