Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Day PIPO X8 Mini TV BOX Windows 8.1 Android 4.4 Dual Boot Intel Z3736F Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trebor
    Sure is
    If you look at the power pack you have for the PIPO you will see

Meaning + Positve to Tip (middle bit) - Negative to Ring (outer bit)
    If you plug the wrong Polarity in (opposite to above) you let the smoke out
    When you let the smoke out usually it will not work anymore.

Cheers
    The one I ordered has the + sign on the left and the - sign on the right. The middle is the same but flipped around. So something like this

+ ) - instead of - ( + . Is that ok? The positive part is still the centre. Just everything is flipped.

Comment

Yep
      As long as + is to the Middle bit/pin no smoke will depart from your player.
      Cheers
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Heh ... the company cancelled my order of the power supply. I then decided to look around at stuff I had lying around and I had a power supply that was meant for a Drobo v1 in a box. Polarity was perfect, plug fit great and the Pipo works fine with it. It's a 48 watt power supply which is fine and has all the safety certifications. These plugs must have been in use years ago for NAS devices, LCD monitors and the like. Once you know what to look for they can be found. So all is well except that I can't get the win10 upgrade icon to appear ( even using the various fixes lying around). I also can't blank the screen which would be nice when connected to a TV.

Comment

Hello. I have received my X8 yesterday from Gearbest. Windows8 is not activated and I cannot activate it.Is it normal? Have you a solution? thanks
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Weird. Try and check if it's correct look for Produkey (Google) run it note down info and re-enter, other than that Gearbest.
            Cheers
            Last edited by trebor; 07-20-2015, 08:32.
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thank you. I have download and used Produkey, run it in X8. I note the product key it gives me and try to activate using it, I have the message "the key didn't work"
              What can I do? write to Garbest ? I am not sure they will do something.

Comment

They Will help may take little time being rhe weekend, you box will run without activation for awhile
                There website and a service, Do an aftersales request .http://support.gearbest.com/
                Also http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...a/gearbest-com you can do a request there about your problem
                Cheers
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I have written to GearBest. I have an answer today. They say they have contacted the supplier about this issue and will inform me when thy have an answer.

Comment

I have received my second Pipo X8. There is the same issue: "Windows is not activated" and "Windows can't activate, try again latter"
                    I suppose I have missed something. I have just started pipo for the first time. When it asked me for wifi key, I skip this step as my key is long and complex ( I want to enter it latter using my keyboard)
                    after init, Pipo reboot, I switch on my Wifi internet link giving the key, run Internet Explorer to be sure I have Internet working. I go to "PC info". I see "windows is not activated". I go to "activate windows", click on Activate and get the answer "Windows can't activate, try again latter"

Have I missed something?
                    thanks

Comment

Maybe Microsoft activation is broken, or on holidays for a day.
                      treboR
                      Please consider
                      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I have this issue since a week! I don't think Microsoft service could be off such a long time.

It is also impossible to run Windows update, I suppose it is because windows is not activated

Comment

I too couldn't run updates on my X8 but I didn't check to see if the activation failed. I will check it out tomorrow.

Comment

About power supply.
                            I have not found that the power supply we get is bad. When I run Win8 + my software Minitioune/pipotioune and VLC for receiving Digital TV, decoding and display the video, the CPU% used is just above 50% and consumption is less than 500 mA ( 6 watts). most of time consumption is between 330 and 400 mA.
                            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Very Interesting, can you explain that setup you use with Minitioune, USB TV tuner I guess and software package.
                              If you find heat a problem Just sit on a Laptop cooler easy and very quick.
                              Cheers
                              treboR
                              Please consider
                              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Hi Trebor,
                                I am HamRadio and have developed a software for measuring and receiving DATV (Digital Amateur Television). This software can be used also for receiving standard broadcast satellite. This software can do all measurement on the signal, showing RF level, noise level and constellations. My last development was to create ourself our own USB tuner called MiniTiouner. The software is called MiniTioune. (and specific version for PIPO X8 with big buttons is called "PipoTioune") - all free for download -
                                As HamRadio wish to send and receive DATV from mobile or portable station, the use of PIPO X8 with my Minitiouner is a very fantastic opportunity.
                                mesure DVB et DATV, reception et emission DVB DATV

Comment

Working...
                                X