Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Day PIPO X8 Mini TV BOX Windows 8.1 Android 4.4 Dual Boot Intel Z3736F Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo X8 running Minitioune

Comment

For those who failed the window activation, you can make a call to mircosoft.
      There should be microsoft activation hotline in your country.
      Mircosoft will ask for your key and give you a new code which should be okay for you to activate the window.

for refrence:

Comment

Thanks trebor for the comprehensive info. I am going to do the same with some copper and thermal pad to keep my X8 cool. I have a 3mm copper sheet, 100mm x 50mm. Can you let me know what width thermal conductive pad you used to ensure good contact?

Cheers!

Comment

I covered the main middle of the Base Plate
          about 75 mm x 40 mm.
          Same size as your cooper sheet should be fine. as Thermal Pad is 100 x 100 cut it in half.

Cheers
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Does anyone know why there would be 14 RAW partitions when I access the drive in Windows Disk Manager?

Comment

I think you will find that is Android part of the drive.
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

trebor,
                Thank you for the info! That just seems very odd for that MANY RAW partitions.
                I am still trying to decide if I am going to keep KitKat on it or not.
                It is upgrading to Windows 10 now.
                Did you keep it stock or upgrade to 10?

Comment

Have a bit of a look http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-dual-boot-box
                  Cheers
                  treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I thank you much!

Comment

Thanks trebor. Perhaps I didn't ask clearly, what thickness was the thermal pad you used (not the width/height)?

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                      I covered the main middle of the Base Plate
                      about 75 mm x 40 mm.
                      Same size as your cooper sheet should be fine. as Thermal Pad is 100 x 100 cut it in half.

Cheers

Comment

No worries thickness yes, 5mm
                        Cheers
                        treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I just unboxed my Pipo x8 this afternoon. The idea i wanted to do is use this as a streaming box for my 55' Samsung TV. I wanted to set it so my twin 6 year olds could use the touch screen feature and click movies, vidoes etc but they play on the TV. I was using the Mirroring feature, but getting the resolutions to be accurate for each display was a challenge. How ever the touch screen does not work now. It my idea possible?

Comment

Try extended mode, both screens will have full resolution...
                            Make tablet the Default screen start the movie/video on tablet then drag to the big screen.
                            Cheers

treboR
                            Please consider
                            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

New Bios and firmware with Windows 10 from PiPo - 14.08.2005
                              http://www.pipo.cn/En/index.php?m=Pr...&type=2&id=387

I cant download all files - please help with download mirror link !

Comment

Before a while a find this page who gives ROM for Pipo X8. http://www.needrom.com/download/pipo-x8-dual-os/
                                I don't know if absolutely same with official from Pipo's site but personally i begin download it. The direct link is:

Comment

Working...
                                X