Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Day PIPO X8 Mini TV BOX Windows 8.1 Android 4.4 Dual Boot Intel Z3736F Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not enough room for Windows 10, I thought I ask maybe I didn't or was going to
    Ok start again, we having fun yet

Cheers
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Hello all, I've bought the 64 GB version of this. Windows and android were all US English by default. Some issues I've encountered and questions if anyone can help...

1. When rebooting android it goes to the windows/android choice of boot screen, I select android then it resets back to the boot screen and so on in a continuous loop. I got out of this by choosing Windows, restarting that and then choosing android. Or turning it off for a while. Could this be a heating issue? Is there a way to make android stop using the screen display when viewing on a TV over HDMI? The screen on makes it hot. I don't fancy modding to reduce the heat while it is in warraty

2. The box came with no user manual. On the PIPO website there is no English manual. Is there one?

3. Is it possible to root this device?

4. Is anyone working on any custom software for this box?

5. A windows 10 update would be nice but it sounds risky to me.

As far as xbmc goes which is best, Android or windows?

But overall pretty happy with it, sorry for so many questions

Comment

Originally posted by hatethebbc View Post
        Hello all, I've bought the 64 GB version of this. Windows and android were all US English by default. Some issues I've encountered and questions if anyone can help...

1. When rebooting android it goes to the windows/android choice of boot screen, I select android then it resets back to the boot screen and so on in a continuous loop. I got out of this by choosing Windows, restarting that and then choosing android. Or turning it off for a while. Could this be a heating issue? Is there a way to make android stop using the screen display when viewing on a TV over HDMI? The screen on makes it hot. I don't fancy modding to reduce the heat while it is in warraty

2. The box came with no user manual. On the PIPO website there is no English manual. Is there one?

3. Is it possible to root this device?

4. Is anyone working on any custom software for this box?

5. A windows 10 update would be nice but it sounds risky to me.

As far as xbmc goes which is best, Android or windows?

But overall pretty happy with it, sorry for so many questions

1. Could be the way wintoand is set up, when you select Android it does do a reset then drops into Android
        If not a clean power off maybe confused in getting into Android, I think there was a setting for single screen output for Android in HDMI cant recall.

2. Manual does not have much to say. that will help

3. Have not seen any root stuff about google will be your friend

4. same as 3

5. Piece of cake easy for Win10

XBMC windows you may find better

Cheers

treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor
          Not enough room for Windows 10, I thought I ask maybe I didn't or was going to
          Ok start again, we having fun yet

Cheers
          Heh ... a lot of fun I reinstalled Android but installing win10 didn't work. The USB doesn't appear to be bootable. I am starting over from the original files (Android, win8.1). Getting Android on is trivial. It's windows. If I format the stick as NTFS and WINPE for the label do I just copy the contents of the windows 8 archive or does it have to be in a directory? The contents are folders like boot, efi, images and so on. That doesn't look like a bootable disk. Otherwise I will replicate what you did and wipe everything and install windows first. Am trying to avoid that route for obvious reasons!

Comment

Originally posted by pmcd View Post

Heh ... a lot of fun I reinstalled Android but installing win10 didn't work. The USB doesn't appear to be bootable. I am starting over from the original files (Android, win8.1). Getting Android on is trivial. It's windows. If I format the stick as NTFS and WINPE for the label do I just copy the contents of the windows 8 archive or does it have to be in a directory? The contents are folders like boot, efi, images and so on. That doesn't look like a bootable disk. Otherwise I will replicate what you did and wipe everything and install windows first. Am trying to avoid that route for obvious reasons!

It does boot by pushing F7 (just tested) and point to the USB that has win10 on it
            I recall when you exit Android to go to windows, it resets once then resets and load windows that's when you need to go crazy with the F7 key
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

It does boot by pushing F7 (just tested) and point to the USB that has win10 on it
              I recall when you exit Android to go to windows, it resets once then resets and load windows that's when you need to go crazy with the F7 key
              What is in the root of the USB stick? I think that may be my problem. Did you just drag all 77 or so files and folders to the stick? The Pipo will boot my win10 pro USB stick but that is not the one that will give me an integrated Android/win setup.

I really suspect I am doing something idiotic in making the USB flash drive. At this point all that is on the Pipo is Android on an 8 gig partition.

If I press F7 then I do get the menu. If I then select the flash drive with the 77 files and folders labelled WINPE it just does nothing. If I going into Android I can read the flash drive so I know it is there.

How exactly did you make that stick?

Comment

Format In Windows NTFS...copied all the DIR across , a couple missed the Image
                All files from X8_win10+中简中繁美英英英德语俄语++20150811

treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

If you don't boot first into Android but just start up the PiPO from an off state will F7 and selecting the flash drive result in booting? I am doing exactly what you describe. That picture is what I see when I open the flash drive. Hmm ...

Comment

Hmm unsure now
                    Booted on the PIPO that has Win10 only
                    Did reboot F7 and selected USB away it went
                    I stopped in after a bit when it was about to do evil stuff to my already setup win10....

treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

The only thing that comes to mind is that my thumb drives may need to be made bootable. Apparently not all flash drives are. There's a sure way of doing it for Windows 8. Not sure about 10. I am definitely formatting ntfs, on a PC, using mbr and then selecting all the files and copying. So I get the same thing you have. I just don't have windows currently installed on the PiPO sadly. If it comes to it I will turn the PiPO into a Windows only system.

Comment

How did you get to the off state...
                        I recall instructions say then do OS switch to go from Android to Windows.......then it would/should/could boot up of usb to start windows.
                        treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Just did a Bios update on the X8 it reinstalled the Android/Windows boot select on Startup.
                          Selected windows cause that's all I have
                          In did the reset and booted windows
                          Then Installed WinToAnd and switched GUI off (no win/and on boot) back to normal.

treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

How did you get to the off state...
                            I recall instructions say then do OS switch to go from Android to Windows.......then it would/should/could boot up of usb to start windows.
                            The OS switch way didn't work because I had installed the wrong Android. After reinstalling Android the OS switch still did not work. To get it to turn off you press the power button when in Android and a panel pops up giving you a choice of on/off/restart.

Comment

Just did a Bios update on the X8 it reinstalled the Android/Windows boot select on Startup.
                              Selected windows cause that's all I have
                              In did the reset and booted windows
                              Then Installed WinToAnd and switched GUI off (no win/and on boot) back to normal.

You were able to do the bios update since you have windows. I did the bios update before I installed the wrong Android. Now I have no Windows and can't seem to boot from a PiPO Windows system flash drive. I tried going back to win8.1 but that didn't work. I am going to try to use a process that creates a bootable flash drive so ...

Comment

Hi,

I bought Pipo X8 too but I have some problems.

1- When I plug 2,5" external HDD to X8, I hear continious beep and cannot see it in explorer or access to HDD on Windows. I didn't try it on Androd because Android does not support NTFS.
                                2- Frequenly, the device turn itself off when I open on-screen keyboard or try to play movie file or to do something.
                                3- Left speaker is not working, it should be a hardware problem because I tried to use different speaker but nothing changed.

Did you use 2,5" HDD with X8 or do you have any turn-off problem on Windows?

Btw, I re-installed Win 8.1 after that I installed new BIOS file and windows 10 but my problems still continue.

Comment

Working...
                                X