Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Day PIPO X8 Mini TV BOX Windows 8.1 Android 4.4 Dual Boot Intel Z3736F Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the Ext HDD have power supply, ?
    Could be overheating try Real Temp to check https://www.techpowerup.com/download...eal-temp-3-70/

Speaker thru HDMI to TV not working maybe balance set wrong
    Cheers

treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Finally got the flash drive to boot. I had to prepare it using diskpart. Unfortunately, the internal partition is messed up so that windows does not find an internal drive to install things on. Is there a way to fix the partition? Android is using 8gigs and I want the rest to be ntfs. I assume this can't be done from Android. Slowly but surely this might yet work.

Comment

You would have all the Android dir/partitions and about 20GB free
        Windows would normally just format free space and continue on.

treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
          Does the Ext HDD have power supply, ?
          Could be overheating try Real Temp to check https://www.techpowerup.com/download...eal-temp-3-70/

Speaker thru HDMI to TV not working maybe balance set wrong
          Cheers
          No, the ext HDD does not have power supply, it is 2,5" HDD

Comment

Originally posted by soruyok View Post

No, the ext HDD does not have power supply, it is 2,5" HDD
            A power plug pack with more AMPS/watts to supply PiPo and HDD may help
            A powered USB Hub may also do the job.
            Cheers
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by pmcd View Post
              Finally got the flash drive to boot. I had to prepare it using diskpart. Unfortunately, the internal partition is messed up so that windows does not find an internal drive to install things on. Is there a way to fix the partition? Android is using 8gigs and I want the rest to be ntfs. I assume this can't be done from Android. Slowly but surely this might yet work.
              Maybe you could try live booting an Ubuntu image and then use GParted to prepare the partitions for the windows installation.

Comment

Should look something like this or close

All the Hidden stuff is Android

treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Are you saying I have to manually restore all those partitions? What is in Images? Could that somehow be used to reset the unit to factory settings? Sigh ...

Comment

Originally posted by Savage93

Maybe you could try live booting an Ubuntu image and then use GParted to prepare the partitions for the windows installation.
                    I thought about that. Will try it or something like it unless there is some kind of factory reset. Windows itself has diskpart but I don't know if it's on the install disk.

Comment

Are you saying I have to manually restore all those partitions? What is in Images? Could that somehow be used to reset the unit to factory settings? Sigh ...
                      The Android installer should create those partitions automatically (they are set in the partition.tbl file).

I thought about that. Will try it or something like it unless there is some kind of factory reset. Windows itself has diskpart but I don't know if it's on the install disk.
                      Yeah but IIRC diskpart only has CLI, while GParted has a GUI, so maybe it's easier to use.

Comment

Diskpart shows the 15 partitions that Android made but there is no obvious way to deal with the rest of the disk so hopefully gparted will work.Android seems to use the Linux file system so that is a plus. The other way might be to just install Windows 10 pro then erase it and install the Pipo win 10. Too bad there's no way of using those images to restore the unit.

Sent from my Fire HDX.

Comment

I think there should be some useful info in these readme files, it's a pity I don't speak Chinese.
                          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I was under the impression when you boot from Win10 USB, as Android Partitions are hidden from Windows,
                            Windows assumes the free space left, is all the space and formats installs (excluding hidden Android).
                            But I am still coming to grips with the finer parts of all this dual boot business.
                            treboR
                            Please consider
                            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Did somebody try to use 2,5" USB HDD with X8 and did it use without any problem?

Comment

I have one attached to mine. It behaves well.
                                Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

Working...
                                X