How I restored a Dual boot WIndows/Android box: RKM MK36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How I restored a Dual boot WIndows/Android box: RKM MK36

How I convinced Android and Windows to get back on the Box that was already a Dual boot system.

I removed Android just to see if it could be done and maximise Windows space and it can be done.
    Now I want to put the box back to how it was again to see how it can be done.

The Good news after many hours of getting little bits and pieces, lots of Google finally got it solved.

Android goes on first. (well sorta) read on
    I think some may have seen this error.
    Image type x64 is not supported by this IA32 shell

As I am no Linux person I feel its just that box starts in 32bit mode and needs to be in a 64bit mode for Android. (up for correction/explanation)
    So we go the long way round.

WinToAnd.exe in Windows puts the box into a mode so Android can run. I guess 64bit mode.
    To run WinToAnd.exe I guess we need Windows to start.

Fist Install Windows just agree with the settings as it will be done again and all setting lost.
    Things like names, networks, colours, location etc don't worry about this time round. (takes about 6 minutes)
    If you have Windows already installed and want Android back you will loose all things Windows to a new clean setup.

Again this is only for a Dual Boot System the Bios was is already Dual boot compatible no bios updates done

If your system is really messed and will not boot.
    You can install Windows with the Rufus method or start with the Rufus method delete all partitions etc.
    I used the Rufus method to delete all partitions only as I had no other idea at the time how it would be done. (shell Linux thing)
    If you get a red screen while windows is installing words like disk full not enough space then use Rufus install to delete all partitions.
    To exit Rufus install just hit the X top right to close as you would a normal window.

Android
    Prepare/Create a USB disk Format FAT 32 8 GB or larger and copy Android install files.
    Plug in USB disk with Android on it.
    Have windows on your box up and running.
    Execute/run the WinToAnd.exe program
    if you don't have WinToAnd.exe you can download from web.

As system boots tap continually F7 key
    Small Boot Screen.
    Use arrow key to select BOOT and select UEFI:BUILT-IN EFI SHELL, press ENTER
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2qvgxv4.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	510237

Unit will drop to shell and boot from USB commands will appear to run auto
    Should see Shell > efilinux-eng.efi -f droidboot_b.img appear then away it goes.

Unit will continue boot and Android will be doing its thing.

When Done you will have Android.
    Go thru basic Android setting for now. don't reset or turn system off.

Windows
    Create/Prepare a USB disk 8 GB or larger Format NTFS named WINPE copy windows install files
    While in Android mode locate OS Switch in the pull down window upper right hand side of screen under clock.
    As system boots again tap continually F7 key
    Small Boot Screen.
    Use arrow key to select BOOT and select UEFI:USB Stick that has windows files, press ENTER
    Unit will boot from USB and Install Windows.
    When done sysprep window will appear just click reboot.
    Take note of how you set it up windows now as this is for real.

All being well you will have Windows and Android back to how it was, also the return of the Windows and Android Logo at first boot.

Hopefully someone with goods with Linux, UEFI Bios and other techo bits going on can cut this over sized Instructions down to a few lines.

This recovery was done with files for the RKM MK36 as most of these boxes are nearly the same it may work on other systems but also may not.

Cheers
    Last edited by trebor; 07-08-2015, 20:35.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

I am not getting UEFI:BUILT-IN EFI SHELLwhen I copy android files in it so can you help to upload a zip to be copied in USB for android installation please.

Comment

You could try these for starters these are the images for the PIPO unit
      https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9y2efim27vs9d//X8%20Android

Cheers

treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Nice guide trebor,This should make things simpler for some people good work..
        Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Further looking into this setup of Android/Windows dual boot and Rufus.

Rufus is great to set up Windows
          Wipe the lot reinstall done.

Dual booting there is a little more going on.

With the dual boot install you may need to locate the proper recovery file sets for Windows/Android that will ensure Windows is Android aware and visa-versa then all partitions and dual boot will set up correctly.

Contact supplier or maker of your box hope they can help or as these setups for dual boot Android/Windows appear fairly generic any or most may work, if you feel like a challenge
          have a go, worst case is you wipe the the lot and put windows only on some drivers may fail, that's not much of a big deal to sort out.

The above does work well when I restored my RKM system switches in and out easy, just don't rely on Rufus to setup Windows if your dual booting use a a tool to delete partitions.

Cheers
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

A newer version of WinToAnd used in the recovery mentioned above no obvious difference new Icon is about all I could see at present.
            MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Cheers
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

hi do you have something like this for android..AndToWin?reason why I ask I cant see dual boot screen on my new 55 Samsung or bois screen,but I hook it up to older tv I can see it

Comment

Suggest try a different HDMI cable one with some quality may help.
                Also newer TV's may not be able handle the Lower resolution of the Bios screen.

Cheers
                Last edited by trebor; 07-08-2015, 23:19. Reason: Update
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I tried 4 different cables..even gold tip lol...thank for help

Comment

Another solution may be your new TV has a VGA input?
                    HDMI to VGA converter.
                    China-1 Stock | Buy HD 1080p HDMI Male to VGA Female Video Converter Adapter Cable Support Audio Output - Black online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

Cheers
                    treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

hello again, when I do this for dual boot android and windows I get 15 partitions in windows,,how do I get rid of this again thanks for all your help,

Comment

I have a more fine m1 dual os stick and had to whipe all partitions on it over the weekend because windows wouldnt boot and I couldnt reinstall windows with the stock partitions since it was placing them out of order. Anyways I got windows reinstalled and it works fine but the android partition is empty now - just 8gbs of nothing and I for the life of me cannot find an android image for this device. The windows OS doesnt have a wintoandroid aspect to it like my PIPO X7S does so I feel like its using a diff bios or software or something. Does anyone know where to find a restore image for this device? I feel like its also the same as the meegopoad t02 but havent found anything on that either.

Comment

Have a look.

I think you should be able to copy wintoand to your stick, and go from there, never had a stick to see how they do there stuff, can a stick boot of a stick?
                          Cheers
                          treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by hjpca View Post
                            hello again, when I do this for dual boot android and windows I get 15 partitions in windows,,how do I get rid of this again thanks for all your help,

Boot of Image, Custom install have a look at.
                            http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ipo-x7s-w8-etc
                            Cheers
                            treboR
                            Please consider
                            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post

Boot of Image, Custom install have a look at.
                              http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ipo-x7s-w8-etc
                              Cheers
                              sadly that link is dead

Comment

Working...
                              X