Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PIPO X8 Microphone issue

Hello,

I have the PIPO X8 and using the Windows 8 boot. But I am not able to get the microphone to work. I believe that its specs suggest that it has both internal speakers and microphone.
    A microphone device is detected in Windows Manager as "Intel SST Audio Device", but it stays silent and does not record anything.

I have tried to use the Intel Driver Update tool, and even the BIOS firmware update that was posted here previously, but to no avail.
    Anyone experienced the same issue?

regards
    bjarke

i have the same issue. upgraded to windows 10 and still nothimg. would like to use the mic with cortana

Comment

I am having the same issue. Microphone not working in Windows 8.1/10 and Android 4.4. The company I bought it from (Gearbest) is saying it has an internal microphone and that it should work. Not sure what to do next.

Comment

Hi
        I need bios firmware for pipo x8, pls help me -> [email protected] or post here

Comment

I emailed Pipo and they said that the device didn't support audio input, there was no mic as well as no input hole, so basically you can't record device. I'm wondering if a USB headphone with microphone can work with the device. Anyone that has tried this out please let us know the result.

Comment

I'm using a smal USB DAC with the following cable and using my phone headphone with mic.
            1 femelle - 2 Mâle Adaptateur Casque micro Audio Y Splitter Câble PER laptop PC in Cell Phones & Accessories, Cell Phone Accessories, Cases, Covers & Skins | eBay

Comment

So can you record? I predict you can't because the headphone jack hole wouldn't receive input signal as the people from Pipo replied to my email, right? What I mean is something like this:
              http://www.****.com/itm/USB-Stereo-H...item487ce67d95
              Do you have one? Test out and give us the result

Comment

My cable is pluged into a USB DAC then in an USB port of the PIPO, so everything works.

Scheda Audio Stereo USB 2.0 Virtual 7.1 Canali - IUSB-DAC-871 in Informatique, réseaux, Ordinateur: composants, pièces, Autres | eBay

Comment

Thanks a lot stevejc, I will try one out.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejc View Post
                    My cable is pluged into a USB DAC then in an USB port of the PIPO, so everything works.
                    Does this setup work in Android or just in Windows?

Comment

Working...
                    X