Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody had a successful update to Windows 10 yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody had a successful update to Windows 10 yet?

Seems quite a log jam at the moment.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

yes I am running windows10 on Wintel W8

Comment

Originally posted by hjpca View Post
      yes I am running windows10 on Wintel W8

Was it a painless upgrade process?

Comment

Need to get it Windows 10 now Download the tool.
        windows 7 iso, how to reinstall windows 7, how to restore windows 7, download windows 7 iso, restore windows 7, software recovery, software restore, operating system recovery, Microsoft software recovery, Windows 7 software recovery, Windows 7 operating system recovery, Microsoft operating system recovery, Microsoft recovery, Windows 7 ISO, Windows 7 ISO image, Windows 7, restore Windows 7, reinstall windows 7, re-download Windows 7, Windows 7 disc image

Cheers

treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

sometimes the download files get currupted and you get a Window 10 update - Failed if thats happening to you do this

https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/com...ng_to_install/

It was happening to me and I followed this advice and the files reloaded and installed. My stupid AVG PC Tuneup automatic clean had deleted a bunch of files from the $Windows.~BT folder.

Did the upgrade instead of the clean install and it went smoothly it required me to put in a login password though. If you don't want to be bothered with a password you can remove it per this advice

http://www.windows10forums.com/threa...on-win-10.165/

DO NOT ALLOW IT TO SCAN AND FIX DISK ERRORS that process is VERY slow and will hold up installation for HOURS, Go ahed ask me how I know!! It even asks you if you want to do this and gives you the opportunity to opt out wish I had "Press(ed) any key to skip"
          Last edited by Julius Jahnke; 07-30-2015, 01:09.

Comment

Yes has helped a lot couple failed, also moving the date forward on my Laptop worked well

1. Go into "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" and delete everything in that folder.
            2. Now, run the command prompt as an administrator. Type in "wuauclt.exe /updatenow".
            3. Go to your Control Panel > Windows Update and your Windows 10 should start re-downloading from scratch, hopefully without flaws this time.

EDIT: For those who still have issues, several users reported that setting their time forward (to the First of August for example) and then doing the above steps again helped them resolve the issue.

Cheers
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I'm wondering if, following a successful upgrade, whether the original recovery partition can be deleted to make more space.

Comment

Have window10 (insider pro) updated running on my laptop. Have been using for ALL my Android needs for several months. The update was smooth, all files were there once finished, after an hour and a half update.

Comment

Working...
                X