X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tronsmart TV Box Ara X5 in August with Cherry Trail Z8300 Windows 10

Had to happen late August due release.

Windows 10 TV Box Ara X5 in August with Cherry Trail Z8300 14nm

Tronsmart Ara X5 with Intel Cherry Trail CPU: Z8300. Z8300 is the first Intel Atom CPU to utilize the 14nm Soc technology, next generation microarchitecture, Z8300 is also 64-bit CPUs, Quad cores up to 1.8Ghz frequency, and powered of Gen 8 graphics.
    Tronsmart Ara x5 will come with 2GB RAM, and 32GB eMMC, built in dual-band wi-fi module and usb 3.0 support.

More to come on this on.
    Cheers
    Last edited by trebor; 08-24-2015, 01:14.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

SUPPORT 4K?

Comment

More info on the Z8300

https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/ww.../overview.html
      • Enhanced Graphics: Deliver richer visual-display experiences for Internet of Things (IoT) applications with new Intel® Celeron,® Intel® Pentium,® and Intel® Atom™ processors. The new Intel® systems offer twice the performance¹ of the previous generation, and support for up to 4K resolution² and three independent displays².
      • Greater Integration: Drive new compact, mobile, and often fanless IoT designs, while reducing bill-of-material costs. The latest generations optimize components and board space with a single cooling solution, support multiple OSs, and offer a low-thermal envelope.
      • Improved Security: Confidently connect IoT devices. These processors are equipped with the latest hardware-based Intel® security technologies to safeguard systems via secure boot and enhanced content security.
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Check out the passmark score here: http://www.cpu-monkey.com/en/compare...tom_z3735f-450

1602 is nice!

Comment

Very Good things are looking better.

Cheers
          Last edited by trebor; 07-30-2015, 06:44.
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Scared to hear pricing but looks like a great device.

Comment

No optical output which is a shame but X5 boxes may be the way to go in general and with more 4k support should tempt people away from Android more.

Baytrail boxes should be cheap as chips in the next dew weeks.
              R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Very few mfg want to put 4g ram & 64gb internal memory... look like consumers have to go for a NUC (or laptop) device instead. I have an old desktop with 4gb of ram and I find that quite limiting under win7...
                Guess the market thins out as prices go above $200... IMO, they can offer these specs around $150 at retail.I hope some price cuts come by the end of the year.

Comment

If someone sees the price please post 8-)

Comment

MeegoPad has released their X5-Z8300 version already for $136. I made a thread in the Meego section but just though I'd mention it here as well.

Comment

I like this part of the add
                      Quad Core Intel Tronsmart Cherry Trail CR

Cheers
                      Last edited by trebor; 08-11-2015, 03:33.
                      treboR
                      Please consider
                      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Tronsmart ARA xX Cherry Trail Z8300 2/32 GB has arrived
                        Thanks to Geekbuying for a a speedy service and DHL for an even speedier delivery.

Tronsmart Ara X5 with Intel Cherry Trail CPU: Z8300. Z8300 is the first Intel Atom CPU to utilize the 14nm Soc technology, next generation microarchitecture, Z8300 is also 64-bit CPUs, Quad cores up to 1.8Ghz frequency, and powered of Gen 8 graphics.
                        Tronsmart Ara x5 will come with 2GB RAM, and 32GB eMMC, built in dual-band wi-fi module and usb 3.0 support. It's Good

Another small black box to add to the collection
                        First Impression Snappy to boot and operate as compare to the z37 series
                        Things appear to just happen a little quicker so this I am likeing alot

Supplied with 5V 3amp Power pack, Hdmi Cable.

So we had a bit of a look inside
                        Big heat sink looking good

The Lid and WIFI look a bit ordinary

But a quick test with WIFI on 2.4 GHZ and 5 GHZ looking good
                        Easy connect to my network system no problems.

This is what is Under the Heat SInk

And the Cover is removed to show the Goodies in the Box.

A Close up of Sandisk HDD

WIFI Chip AP6330

And A little Samsung.

A look at the Under Side.

Plastic Base with vents

5 GHZ WIFI and USB 3 now were getting somewhere.
                        Ran a few Test to see how it performs and stressed it while updating and fiddling.

Idles in the 40c area, stessed for 15 minutes not moving much over 60c.
                        Needed to get the new Aidia64 to suit the Braswell Chip.

More to come with further test but I do like it Snappy Heat does not seem to be a problem just need to test it more.
                        Last edited by trebor; 08-24-2015, 01:15.
                        treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Nice write-up. Box looks to be substantially constructed. Must have a pretty good feel to it weight-wise.
                          Where do you find the time? I guess someone has to be in the unfortunate position to have to test all these new devices. Poor fellow.

BTW, Regarding the promo, no matter how sweet I typed, I got no code. Not even when I threatened to punch it in its nose....

Comment

Looking for a TV BOX (after my Imito QX1) and you just make great reviews,helps me really a lot
                            Again a great review,you are doing a great job

Comment

Is the coupon code sent after Aug 31?

Comment

Working...
                              X