My Windows 10 update BayTrail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Windows 10 update BayTrail

How I Updated to Windows 10 Full Version.

Download the Media Creation Tool.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

My install I'm updating from Windows 10 Technical Preview.

Run MediaCreation on the Box that is to be updated all should be fine.
    Click upgrade option (this way it should not ask for a key) and did not.
    If you do the ISO/create boot usb or Rufus install you will be asked for a key, and it did
    Previous Keys used will not work I found.

If you get the Something Happened Message, happens with a minute or two of starting the update.

Need to Change your Local Region to USA.
    Control panel, Language and region, then go to the region for the United States, click "Administrative" and change the language to English (United States).
    http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/...happened-error

I did have this error, after doing change system will reboot.
    Run MediaCreation again, Error gone, and will start download the upgrade to Windows 10.
    All worked here updating from Windows 10 preview to a full version. (PRO)
    Time consuming so have go read the news paper or two.
    This method I also found you will also get a option to keep Personal Files or Nothing.
    Did not remove everything, a few things left on system from Previous install, clean up later.
    Maybe the long way round but has worked for me.

This should work also with Windows 7 and Windows 8.1
    Will find this out later when i do it.

Cheers

Has worked well so far on
    Voyo V1: Win10 only
    Ainol V1: Win10 Only
    ARA IZ37: Dual Boot working Partition size 20/10
    PIPO X8S 32 GB Not enough room removed android.

Using a dual boot box 32gb if its split 16/16gb may have problems with Win10 space wise.
    ARA IZ37: Split 20/10gb was OK.

Cheers
    Last edited by trebor; 08-01-2015, 19:42.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

The something happened message came up for me the other day too but changing the locale to USA did not work for me, so I did the following:

1. Go into "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" and delete everything in that folder, but not the folder itself.

2. Now, run a command prompt as an administrator. Type in "wuauclt.exe /updatenow" with no quotes.

3. Wait a minute, and watch the folder you just emptied. It should start to have files show up.

4. Go to your Control Panel > Windows Update and your Windows 10 should start downloading. Once that is completed, you will be prompted to begin the installation process*
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Just updated my second Box, no error this time around, may have been the date and region thing, USA first then the rest of the world.
      Windows 10 Home on this update.
      Cheers
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I updated 2 notebooks from windows 7 SP1 and minix Z64W, mele PG003 and Ainol minipc V2 from windows 8.1.
        All worked great, no errors, all devices detected and configured properly. All seems to work great in all the devices.
        If you come from other windows edition, upgrade before(deleting personal data&files if you want in the process), and after you can make a clean install, if you don't upgrade before, you will have license key problems with your original key
        REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
        My devices:
        Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
        MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
        Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
        Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
        Gearbest.com)
        MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
        Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

I think you will find the system/box you have just updated to Windows 10 that Key used should now work for a clean install on same system/box.
          Wipe all partitions install Windows 10 fresh, using boot USB, ISO/Rufus or similar.

You will need to load drivers etc.

Something to try when there's nothing better to do.
          Cheers
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thanks a lot Trevor, I did it in my notebook and it worked great. But I though that my old license keys was enough to install the fresh windows 10, and I was wrong, is like you said, first you need to update, then you can extract the new key, and then you can made a fresh install
            REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
            My devices:
            Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
            MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
            Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
            Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
            Gearbest.com)
            MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
            Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
            Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

May not even need to extract key, but do anyway, will test later, the new Windows 10 Key will be registered to the Box
              When you do the Fresh install on same box, MS$ should know about the Box and not ask, theory at the minute yet to confirm.

Yes a bit of a muck around the upgrade is fairly clean. bit of deleting will fix this up or muck it up.
              I note using Disk Management there are two recovery partitions one 3GB other 450MB guessing the bigger one is Win8 smaller Win10?
              Cheers
              Last edited by trebor; 08-01-2015, 01:31. Reason: Update
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Does the dual boot work after upgrade?

Comment

Yes. just make sure you have enough space for windows
                  From first post

ARA IZ37: Dual Boot working Partition size 20/10
                  PIPO X8S 32 GB Not enough room removed android.

Using a dual boot box 32gb if its split 16/16gb may have problems with Win10 space wise.
                  ARA IZ37: Split 20/10gb was OK.
                  treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Any dual boot box make sure at least 9 GB free to install Windows 10

You can also re-setup / re-size using this method.
                    http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ipo-x7s-w8-etc

You will need Windows ISO and android install.

Re-size the install to suit your needs, it will require a complete reformat etc of you box
                    Backup before doing this.

Cheers
                    treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                      The something happened message came up for me the other day too but changing the locale to USA did not work for me, so I did the following:

1. Go into "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" and delete everything in that folder, but not the folder itself.

2. Now, run a command prompt as an administrator. Type in "wuauclt.exe /updatenow" with no quotes.

3. Wait a minute, and watch the folder you just emptied. It should start to have files show up.

4. Go to your Control Panel > Windows Update and your Windows 10 should start downloading. Once that is completed, you will be prompted to begin the installation process*
                      I have upgraded my Pipo X7 from Win8.1 w/Bing (FR) to Win10 Home (FR).
                      THX bluesmanuk
                      Last edited by jeanphil; 08-08-2015, 17:33.

Comment

I can't update it To win 10 on my new ara iz37
                        I give up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

just received this tv box and I very disappointed.
                          In android mode when I change the language to my native language Hebrew the android stop working I get black screen and I can't do nothing.
                          In windows 8 I can't make it in full Hebrew I can't download the Hebrew language as the main display language.
                          i try to upgrade it to win10 but i get something Happened' error in Media Creation Tool. and i cant ' get the win10 i Change my Local Region to USA still not working.
                          when i try to restore win 8.1 its' not working, is ther any fix for this? It's like having an empty box, help me please

Comment

Cant help with language problem.

Media Creation may not work properly with win8.1 with bing
                            You will need to upgrade windows 8 the slow way and make sure 10g free
                            Once you have upgrade the new number can be used for a clean install if needed but the upgrade is fine.

treboR
                            Please consider
                            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                              Cant help with language problem.

Media Creation may not work properly with win8.1 with bing
                              You will need to upgrade windows 8 the slow way and make sure 10g free
                              Once you have upgrade the new number can be used for a clean install if needed but the upgrade is fine.

Hi trebor, wat do you mean slow way? if i install from the windows update when the downlad becom 100 precent i get error

Comment

Working...
                              X