Unofficial "official" quasi Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unofficial "official" quasi Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS released

Unofficial "official" quasi Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS released - see https://plus.google.com/+IanMORRISON/posts/igAkD5j3MAq
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Hi, I am trying to install ubuntu on Ainol minipc with Z3735F SoC. lso live works wifi and bluetooth but after install and aplying correctly the patch for grub, system dont boot. Screen is empty.

I tried to boot special options with generic and generic recovery but didnt work for me.

Screen shows:

Loading linux XXXXXX generic....
    Loading initial ramdisk....

But nothing happens.

Maybe ainol bios is not compatible with this method?

Anyway, thank you very much for your efforts

Comment

Originally posted by Vestiaz View Post
      Hi, I am trying to install ubuntu on Ainol minipc with Z3735F SoC. lso live works wifi and bluetooth but after install and aplying correctly the patch for grub, system dont boot. Screen is empty.

I tried to boot special options with generic and generic recovery but didnt work for me.

Screen shows:

Loading linux XXXXXX generic....
      Loading initial ramdisk....

But nothing happens.

Maybe ainol bios is not compatible with this method?

Anyway, thank you very much for your efforts
      As you are getting a boot menu (based on the fact that you tried with 'special options'), try turning off then on again as these devices seem to need hard boots rather than soft ones. Also try booting via the BIOS if a power cycle doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by linuxium View Post

As you are getting a boot menu (based on the fact that you tried with 'special options'), try turning off then on again as these devices seem to need hard boots rather than soft ones. Also try booting via the BIOS if a power cycle doesn't work.
        It works if boot from BIOS.

Aplied sound patch and works well

Thank you

Comment

Working...
        X