Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to increase the Windows partition size of Pipo x8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to increase the Windows partition size of Pipo x8?

Hi everyone, I've just bought a 64gb Pipo x8 with win 8.1 and android 4.4 in it. I upgraded to win 10 and realized that this new OS's automatic update function does drain my little precious space really fast . So I'm finding a way to reduce the size of the android partition and increase the size of the windows partition. But my partition table has 18 partitions! I don't know what they are intended to do, even windows itself has 3 partitions with 2 of them named recovery partition. Please help.
    One more question, do you know any backup software that can backup the whole disk and work with this device (from bootable USB)? I tried Acronis but it couldn't boot up.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Maybe you could try this.

Comment

I just got mine yesterday. It is a great little toy. I am lov'in it. However, one of the problem I have is window update,. Everytime I want to use the X8, it is updating, and it took a solid 5 - 10 min! I went to control panel and disable the automatic update. and now, the X8 is up and going everytime i turn it on. In win 10, there is no such option. Automatic update is 'hardwired' into the OS. I will wait a bit for win10.

Thanks for reporting the Acronis , I was about to try.
      @Savage93: excellent find!!!

bun

Comment

Originally posted by Savage93 View Post
        Maybe you could try this.
        Great find, I tried this, but I indeed need more space for extra installations, so I'm looking for solution to increase the size of the partition.

@bunanson: automatic update sometimes freezes my pc so you should consider this. Anyway you have 1 year left to upgrade to win 10 free

Comment

Macrium Reflect works for usb boot and backup. I used the pro version, but the free one should do it too.
          Didn't try restore yet.
          Macrium Reflect Free Edition. Backup, imaging and cloning software for home use. Not licensed for business use.

Comment

I used "dd" under linux to backup my x8. This requires more than a few clicks but will work to make a block level copy of the mmc disk. I (think I) confirmed this worked by booting the image under virtualbox with a uefi bios.

I haven't gotten around to messing with the partitions. I wonder if clonezilla will ever be able to deal with all those android partitions?

Comment

Thanks Danzig, I'll try it.
              I don't really understand you malstc because pipo x8 doesn't have a linux os. And I'm a amateur too so I'm afraid I'm not able to do all the risky things with command prompt.

Comment

Working...
              X