Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo x8 - Windows 10 update

Hi
    So I have a new Pipo x8 mini PC/desktop tablet/tv box (whatever you want to call it!!), but as a long term mac user (currently being swayed into windows 10 generally) I need a bit of help!

So please in advance sorry for my ignorance, just been sheltered from this stuff for a long time!

I want to upgrade to Windows 10, but I am finding it hard to get a straight answer from lots of conflicting forum conversations about the best way to do it.

My main concern is about drivers and bios and all that stuff needing to be done manually. Ive read a lot of complicated methods involving usb drives in weird formats and bios/ drivers etc needing to be done, and chinese menus etc…

And others saying you just upgrade through the Windows updater and there being no problems.

So My question is to anyone out there who knows, Is it really possible to do it just through the windows update?

If so why have pipo released windows 10 drivers/bios? is this for clean install or what?

p.s - it is important for me not to screw up the android dual boot, as I need it for some kid games for my son!

Thanks a lot!

Your X8 should be eligible for the free Windows 10 Upgrade. Get your X8 current of all Windows 8.1 updates and MS will download the upgrade. When you apply it, it will go through a few reboots. When this is done, Windows 10 will be activated. The upgrade process does not affect Android. I have an X8 and it upgraded without incident. Finless has an excellent article where he has drivers for the X7/X8 family, if needed.
    Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

You upgrade to win 10 after that use driver x7 from X7 driver of win 8.1 still work on win 10,i was install win 10 pro on tronsmart IZ37 work like charm

Comment

Yeah... The Davicom USB Ethernet network adapter would not start under Win10. Finless Drivers worked like a charm.
        Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

Working...
        X