• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PiPo K1Windows 10 Bay Trail Keyboard PC

Certainly a few things about:
    PIPO K1 Windows 10 Bay Trail Keyboard

its not a special keyboard to use on a Bay trail Mini PC
    It is a Bay trail Mini PC inside a Keyboard.

That will bring back some memories....

Handy Unit, plug into that old CRT or LCD if it can handle the refresh rate.
    Lots of Nifty uses for this little device.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PiPO_K1.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	531352
    • SoC – Intel Atom Bay trail processor (likely Z3735F or Z3736F)
    • System Memory – 2GB
    • Storage – 32 or 64 eMMC + micro SD port
    • Keyboard – QWERTY with multi-touch touchpad
    • Video Output – HDMI and VGA
    • Audio – Stereo speakers
    • Connectivity – Ethernet and WiFi
    • USB – 2x USB host ports
    • Misc – Power button
    • Battery – Maybe…
    • Power – TBD

Name:	HDMI_VGA_Keyboard.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	531353

From CNXSoft
    http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/10/...Development%29

Cheers
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

If it can handle decent casting and streaming to a suitable TV then I could see myself sitting on the sofa with something like this.

All I would need is something to bring me my food and I never need get up.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

This seems like its meant to be used at a desk since you can run the hdmi to your monitor. Should make for a great space saving device, id love to see what the inside of this looks like also wish it had a left/right click like the K400's but I guess their expecting you to use a mouse or something.

Comment

Yes if it does have some form of complete trackpad/mouse functionality built in then I could see it have many potential uses for a variety of purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysbless View Post
          This seems like its meant to be used at a desk since you can run the hdmi to your monitor. Should make for a great space saving device, id love to see what the inside of this looks like also wish it had a left/right click like the K400's but I guess their expecting you to use a mouse or something.
          Double Tap left click, Hold right click I think you may find, time will tell.
          Cheers
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

A T20 Keyboard Dual Boot Intel Windows 10 & Android 4.4 Z3735F Quad Core

Another keyboard Android system, mouse touch pad looks a little small
            Found over at CNXSOFT

Name:	Windows_10_Keyboard_Computer.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	534582

Cheers
            Last edited by trebor; 11-03-2015, 10:49.
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Nothing says throw away computer when they build in a keyboard like the old commodore and apple computers of old..
              Someone at the design team must have nostalgia for the 1980s...or strategy to cater to that demographic of 40+ year olds!
              The younger gen are definitely going "SMALLER" and portable..
              I think Pipo should have been pursuing a NUC format rather than this by now, if need be with a touchscreen too.
              As should minix and the others (vivo, wintel, etc). This is fast becoming a niche market since many cellphones will live stream via dlna or miracast video content to smarter video screens.
              Prices have also stalled out around $100 - $250 for these boxes. Not a smart strategy to bump prices higher for the holidays only lower them slighly and be much higher than yearly lows.

Also, very few amd processor boxes.. primarily in the NUC format and very expensive, btw.

Comment

How is a device like this any less portable than a NUC?

With a NUC, one of the first things that people will look for is something to control it, such as a keyboard/mouse.

I think that lots of people will like small and portable, regardless of age.

One of the problems with cellphones is that they don't have great battery lives, so when streaming video, it's going to dissipate fast.

Not everybody has smart TV's, so products that can give them smart TV functionality at low cost without having to replace a perfectly working screen will make more sense.

There are many market angles and they are not restricted to age.

It's good to have many choices that can suit the wants and needs of everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                  How is a device like this any less portable than a NUC?

With a NUC, one of the first things that people will look for is something to control it, such as a keyboard/mouse.

I think that lots of people will like small and portable, regardless of age.

One of the problems with cellphones is that they don't have great battery lives, so when streaming video, it's going to dissipate fast.

Not everybody has smart TV's, so products that can give them smart TV functionality at low cost without having to replace a perfectly working screen will make more sense.

There are many market angles and they are not restricted to age.

It's good to have many choices that can suit the wants and needs of everybody.
                  I agree that these mini pc tv boxes definitely hit a market need (to make dumb tv's smart and give wireless access to video), but I think the build in KB/TP idea will be a flop.
                  I'm still on the fence btw getting a laptop or a mini tv box.. and prices keep fluctuating lower & higher and lower and higher.. as if to say, hey, great deal, buy now or the price will be double soon.. limited time offer.. when all the higher prices do is push me back in the buy a laptop camp.

Comment

Working...
                  X