MagicStick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MagicStick

I see that there is a crowd funding campaign over on Indegogo for an interesting set of Cherry Trail sticks, one of which has quite a meaty spec with a Z8700 SOC, 8Gb RAM, 64Gb storage, 2 x USB 3 ports and 1 USB 3.1 type C, Wifi AC, Windows 10 and Andoid with what looks like the possibility of Linux and an HDMI 2.0 port purporting to be able to support full 4k.

A bit on the pricey side but if it does come to fruition then it looks like quite a powerful product.

Has anybody on here backed and contributed their hard earned cash to the project?

Plug&Play 4K streaming, 3D games... Expected Delivery June. 2015! | Check out 'MagicStick - Most powerful PC stick - 8GB RAM!' on Indiegogo.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

now we are cooking if it become reality : https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/m...tick-8gb-ram#/
    Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Can you cook an egg on it?

Comment

might short circuit, but you might able to use it as heater in winter :-)

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

JustMe

Comment

yeah.. pricing is too high (about double what it would need to be to take off).
          it's great they're finally getting 8gb or ram into these mini pc devices.. definitely a game changer!
          too bad none of the regular box makers have released anything beyond 4gb versions and are at these mega high prices: voyo 64gb 4gb ram box $245!!
          these sticks beat that with 8gb ram 64gb rom for $250, and its cherry trail gen 8 graphics.

Comment

Hi all wanted to share details about the Magic Stick

On face value it seems that it's just another compute stick which there are many out there... however actually it appears to be a well thought out product that addresses alot of the shortcomings of compute sticks in general. For example they are Cherry Trail based, have AC wireless, even USB 3.1!

They even go right up to 8GB RAM and 128GB storage... every other stick I have seen just have a pitiful 2GB RAM and 32GB ROM, which is going to be non-existant when Windows is loaded... Anyway finally somoeone has come out with something that is actually useable and due to be delivered next month!
            Last edited by tattman65; 11-11-2015, 23:22. Reason: removed link to product.

Comment

Too much $$$$, and never a stick.
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                Too much $$$$, and never a stick.
                They do have different prices, I was amazed to be able to get a stick with 64GB ROM, I always took this to be the minimum amount needed for Windows and I don't know of any other compute sticks over 32GB And you can always chuck a 128GB MicroSD card which are now insanely cheap these days...

Comment

over $250 you might as well go with an upgradable NUC (or laptop) with 8-16gb of ram..
                  the heat of an i3 or i5 chip in a stick form factor would be rediculous. plenty of options... although black friday may not be the best time to buy.. prices seem worse over last year..
                  plus, new tv boxes tend to be released q1 of the new year whereas only a couple in July - October.

Comment

Can you supply the link to this compute stick please.

Comment

there is another thread on this over here maybe we can merge them

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...004-magicstick

JustMe

Comment

I've merged them into the original thread for the Magicstick.

Comment

So glad that I never went for this.

Originally planned for December 2015 delivery and after delay upon delay it looks as if May/June will be a more realistic timescale.

The potential perils of crowdfunding.

Comment

Ouch!

What looks like a potential lesson in the pitfalls of crowdfunding.

2 years down the line and still no product supplied, removed from the crowdfunding site and what seems reasonable claims of fraud, although it looks more like they could not complete the product and have done some kind of runner.

Some people seem to have lost a fair whack of money on this one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/shittykickstarters/comments/6hyb1v/magicstick_indiegogo_campaign_is_a_fraud/

Comment

Strange, I got my money back a long time ago.
                              Lucy me.
                              Cheers
                              Kevin

Comment

Working...
                              X