Install Pipo X7 W10 backup image on multiple devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install Pipo X7 W10 backup image on multiple devices

Installing a Pipo X7 Windows 8.1 backup on multiple devices never gave me any problems. Windows was activated just fine. A Pipo X7 Windows 10 backup on a another machine some how blocks the Windows 10 activation process. Who knows a solution for this?

Seeing that the CD key is being generated by the upgrade to Windows 10, it may 'brand' any backup for that particular machine. Why don't you just upgrade the other devices? I used the MCT on both of my Pipo's and the installs went well.
    Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

Windows 10 activation is different from previous versions, so you should be able to enter the correct product keys for the other machines and activate that way?

In Control panel, System there should be an option to change product key.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Yes.. Each Windows 10 migration generates a CD key for the machine/windows combination. I run KeyFinder after migrating a machine to get the key for that specific install. You never know when you may need to do a clean install on the box.

Comment

Thanks a lot. Just to make sure I get this right:

Do I need to retrieve the CD Key before I load the image on the new machine or after loading the image?

Comment

I do not know. I have not tried to recover a machine from another machine's backup. I think that you would need the CD key of the target system in order to activate.

Again, why do you not just upgrade the other machine from MS?

Comment

The new PipoX7s has Windows 10 preinstalled. That's not the problem. I use the backup image to save time configuring dozens of boxes one after another.

Comment

Hmmm.. I do not think that this can be done without CD Keys for the other machines. I have migrated 6 Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 using the MCT and have secured the CD keys for possible re-installs. Having to do dozens of machines, I can see why you want to avoid using the MCT. I hope you find a way to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by handroid View Post
                  Installing a Pipo X7 Windows 8.1 backup on multiple devices never gave me any problems. Windows was activated just fine. A Pipo X7 Windows 10 backup on a another machine some how blocks the Windows 10 activation process. Who knows a solution for this?
                  Hello,

Is there any chance you could share the image?

Comment

Originally posted by wildcowboy View Post

Hello,

Is there any chance you could share the image?
                    Windows backup images cannot be shared on Freaktab due to legal restrictions.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/intel-based-tv-players/24530-posting-of-ms-windows-keys-images-and-so-on-please-read
                    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Hi cjeman ,

are you working for a TVBox Company ??? dozens of Boxes .

good luck

gefattern

Comment

Working...
                      X