Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo X9 owners here!

Hello,
    I allready have a pipo X7 which I like a lot and just recently ordered a Pipo X9 from geekbuying for my 5 year old son. It will take about a month to get here from China. Since there is no X9 topic I believe all owners should report here.

Just got my brand new pipo x9. The screen is great. Good colors, good angle of view.

Stereo speakers are loud enough. There is an internal microphone device in Windows but could not get it to record anything.

Speakers seem to be working ok in android. I don't know if there is crackling as has been reported for x8, I tried some YouTube videos and it did not annoy me.

It has play store in android.

After some initial windows updates seems to be quite snappy in Windows operation. Of course it comes with Windows 10.

Used it over wifi, did not try Ethernet yet to see if it works under android.

Anything else, feel free to ask.

Total price 85€€

Comment

Tried it again at home. There IS crackling noise from the speakers in android. I did not seem to hear it before, but now I can definitely hear it.

The screen is really great.

I did not check temperatures but it seems to be running ok.

Ethernet works in android too.

Comment

Hi,

Receive my X9 yesterday, it really worked great for 24hrs but now I can't switch back to Windows, I'm stuck in Android no matter what I try (restart, shutdown, reset button in the back, reset Android...). Any suggestion would be welcome.

I also noticed that Android doesn't store my WiFi password, anyone else the same issue?

Edit: Got back in the boot screen by pressing volume volume down button at start up. Seeing the boot screen again I realised that I set the left top button from "+" to "-" not knowing what it did. Apparently it direct boots into your preferred OS.

Remaining issue: Android doesn't store the wifi password, any suggestions are welcome.

Last edited by Bensven; 01-16-2016, 17:56.

Comment

I don't know about the android portion of the machine. I have set it to boot directly to windows and given it to my 5 year old son with windows parental controls enabled!

Does yours have a working microphone? Mine show a microphone device but it does not work.

Comment

I just got an x9 yesterday and I am using it to control 3d printers. Windows working very well so far (haven't tried android yet). Microphone not working at all but that's the only issue so far. I wondered if anyone knows how to boot it into recovery or make it boot from a cd-rom or memory stick, I'd like to make a backup of the device but I am not sure how.

Comment

i got a x9 with a (fake?!) z3736f cpu but on the board is printed z3735f. my cpu speeds up tp 2.5 ghz sometimes and do not limit to the branded(?!) 1,33 ghz.
              the cpu description from the cpu itself is to long to be an originalbrand. also intel wouldnt print the max ghz on the chip or in the driver description, they never did this never do this, makes no sense, seems more than manual "ad"branding, in the chinese manual there is to read thats it have 2,18 ghz. ...
              with cpu-z cpu speed is shown with 2 ghz (2000 mhz) with a 100 mhz bus..also the cpu is not x64 like its descripted in the systeminfo/branding its x86. why should someone preinstall win10 home x86 for a x64 cpu ?!

the memory managing sucks... 22 gb for windows and only 4 free for android .

would be cool to know the switches. vol up = insyde bootloader but also going into android if no insyde is running. switch on combo vol- + vol+ +power starts a bootloop from cmos captcha to "pipo" label gfx, and loops, the win logo is a button too btw.....(if someone knows the bios reset bridge on the mainboard, would be cool).

does anyone know what the switch in the left uppercorner from the insyde bootloader does!?

there is a way to grab a switchcombo, and restart into bios from win. but this thing is such a chaos, sometimes a switch do this, than restarts than do that (holding all buttons together does 4453 different things).....normal you can get into bios by holding "esc" on a keyboard and power on .. or pressing esc or del at startup.

dont touch the bios, even its totaly crappy configured ( i dont know why they take a american awards and not something non hazardoes one, instead this uncheckable shit).

no movable parts in it, even the batterie is soldered and fixed although its normal not a locked one (wtf?! also the battery is totaly luxury bullshit, cause taking it out, doesnt clear the cmos, and someone said already, if the bios is on a eeprom, its crashed when you set it up not correct).

. the reset button is a real one on behind, not to reset the system-options then to restart the device.
              somehow is the bootsequence from windows not real on the emmc (if its switched off, in win you have a startup sequence gfx, but with fail but on android directly restarts to bios/cmos captcha again.

this thing is strange. when you try to reinstall the insyde bootloader after updating win, it wont do any "complete" messages just errors and bug msgs, but the loader is working. maybe there is possibility to connect this thing to a desktop pc, but no mini usb and all the updates for android and so on have to be done in the windows part, .

the wireless lan feature goes down after shutdown in hibernate in android and you have to restart the device if wifi its not working.

usb cable gamepads got no power after halfbooting android, but under win its working.

its real real real wiser to let win8.1 on it if you dont want to use a microscope, win10 is real small even in 200% .... naja i liked it.

there is a usb 3.0 controller but the ports are all 2.0.

the microphone, you seen as a driver, is the stereomix from the audiobus, which is also not working on running audio, but somehow its triggered, i seen a volumechange, not loud but present, but dont know from where and not repeatable manualy somehow,.and NEVER ever deinstall this SST sound drivers, they are special and there is no setup which will recognize it after deleting it (why ever you should do that, dont do)

everything is fixed in this device, ram, emmc, bios batterie, bios..only the touchscreen is just a pin, which you can take off.
              and be carefull in the bios, they just stupid if there is no recovery switch for the bios, its fracked very easily.

here is not much official support for this device till now, more chaos then regular. wtf, has pipo 192309823 webshops with different 'support' and software for it?! also the real pipo's...nothing.)

there is a manual, in chinese and a tutorial.

i have the stockroms for the android part (16g or 8g, but you ever get just 4gb for apps under android and 22 gb for windows with 7gb free, if you can clean up.)
              strangely for the original win8.1 there is no rom just for win10. (or i just no found none).

the drivers which are in the x9 are not the newest you can update them on the intel side.

i realy would like to know about the usb 3.0 eXtensblablabus driver....there is no usb 3.0 port, but win sais "you can speed up your devices when you connect to 3.0 blabla).

the emmc got a speed from 140mb/s write and up to 150 mb/s read. its a samsung chip but not mentioned by the samsung software "magician". also no s.m.a.r.t. capable and the partitions are total crap or i dont understand. about 20 partitions for android and recovery (is that the ram/memory system!?!) i dont know.....

GFX is a good one, 600 mhz core and 1 gb system memory but in bios you can max setup 32mb to 512mb oO !?

dont wonder with hdmi, the bootup sequence is silent then.

i open a pot. how many users will fail on the usb-emmc combo. i count 2 till now, coolest tip on pipo.cn --> switch the devices on and off....xd.
              should i upload the software i already collected, so we dont need to baidu (or issnt that wished/allowed anyway?!)

x9 drivers.rar
              pipo x9 manual.pdf (chinese, and english one but unreadable translation)
              X9_Android4.4.4_20150908__16G.rar
              X9_Android4.4.4_20150908_8G.rar
              X9-pipo-bios.rar
              Pipo-x9-win10-2015-09-07.rar (be updated to 1511 build after install)
              InsydeQ2S.rar

about 8 gb all together

do`s and dont's:

dont switch off emmc
              dont switch off usb

for coming back to windows, restart android with the "switch os" button from the fastaccess.... should work. if you are stucked in win, hold down home +up then power ... but this only works when the insyde loader is not active.... (i get now into insyde with power +vol up on captcha screen, but on logo screen it does something different....) ......

edit: tipp: dont search the bridge while power is on, could be that you dont need support anymore....like me...now its real brickt....no power anymore. no power button works, no support needed.....so i take a new one, with 4 gb ram...^^
              Last edited by raeumler; 02-14-2016, 00:43.

Comment

Any ideas?

Received the Pipo x9 last week. Started it up to test it out, everything seemed fine. Tested it in Android, then witched to Windows 10. Shut it down in Windows 10, then for 2 days it would not power back on no matter what I tried. Then out of nowhere it powered on when I tested it again, boot right to Windows 10 without giving me any boot screen to choose android of wins 10. Again, shut it down in Windows 10, after messing around with it for 10 minutes, then it wouldn't power back on. 2 Days later, tested it again, it powered on, booted to windows 10, no boot screen again, reintstalled windows 10 then I updated it, messed around with it for about 6 hours, then shut it down, and again, Now it won't power back on. Been trying for 2 days with no luck. I saw something about the OS switch may not have installed properly when I did the reinstall. Still doesnt explain why it doesnt want to power on.

Any ideas or suggestions? I can answer any questions someone might have if they think they might be able to help. Trying to avoid having to return it to China, have not had much luck ever doing so.

Comment

Update: Got the Pipo X9 booted up again after a 3 day wait, and also managed to get to the Dual Boot screen after restarting WIndows 10by Holding down the power button and the vol + button upon the restart. Now within the Android operating system there is the OS Switch icon, I do not have any software or app like that In windows 10, that I could easily locate at least. Trying to fix that issue now that it is running again to see maybe if that can fix the powering up issue. So if anybody knows how to get the Android OS Switch app installed to windows 10, that would be key. Not shutting the Pipo down until I do so.
                  Last edited by iplaymusic127; 02-22-2016, 08:23. Reason: Update: Downloaded WintoAnd for Windows 10 and now am able to OS Switch Between Windows 10 and Android with no issues so far. Still weary of shutting the Pipo down though. Before when it came on a few

Comment

I tried everything to get my Pipo X9 to boot up after shut down. I had the unit for 5 days when all of a sudden the problems started. I tried everything to get that box to turn on again, waited 2 days, new PS, tested the power switch, main PC board moving connectors around. Nothing would bring it back to life. Finally I sent it back to Geekbuying, who knows if it will find it's way to China and if they will return one for me.

cwh

Comment

to install the IMG that is around on the internet from android 4.4.4 with 8gb internal. that packet you have to install via uefi shell ... put all files in a root directory (usb stick will work). restart, press esc or del at the FIRST pipo bootscreen, bios comes up, go to the last tab, below you have the option to start a uefi shell. start it with the usb attached, it will run startup.nsh and set up the android partition. i dont know if my windows partition still work, there are 2 startup.nsh one with japanese signs ... i took the first.

Comment

ok, my windows partition is gone..... ^^

Comment

mh, after trying 16g rom on the 32gb dual x9 i have switched something at the hdmi mode in the bios, so the device wont power up. there is power on-line, you see it on the usb hub and the red light at the right. but ethernet has no power and hdmi and touchscreen both have no signal. any ideas? should i leave it powerless?

Comment

Originally posted by raeumler View Post
                            i got a x9 with a (fake?!) z3736f cpu but on the board is printed z3735f. my cpu speeds up tp 2.5 ghz sometimes and do not limit to the branded(?!) 1,33 ghz.
                            the cpu description from the cpu itself is to long to be an originalbrand. also intel wouldnt print the max ghz on the chip or in the driver description, they never did this never do this, makes no sense, seems more than manual "ad"branding, in the chinese manual there is to read thats it have 2,18 ghz. ...
                            with cpu-z cpu speed is shown with 2 ghz (2000 mhz) with a 100 mhz bus..also the cpu is not x64 like its descripted in the systeminfo/branding its x86. why should someone preinstall win10 home x86 for a x64 cpu ?!

the memory managing sucks... 22 gb for windows and only 4 free for android .

would be cool to know the switches. vol up = insyde bootloader but also going into android if no insyde is running. switch on combo vol- + vol+ +power starts a bootloop from cmos captcha to "pipo" label gfx, and loops, the win logo is a button too btw.....(if someone knows the bios reset bridge on the mainboard, would be cool).

does anyone know what the switch in the left uppercorner from the insyde bootloader does!?

there is a way to grab a switchcombo, and restart into bios from win. but this thing is such a chaos, sometimes a switch do this, than restarts than do that (holding all buttons together does 4453 different things).....normal you can get into bios by holding "esc" on a keyboard and power on .. or pressing esc or del at startup.

dont touch the bios, even its totaly crappy configured ( i dont know why they take a american awards and not something non hazardoes one, instead this uncheckable shit).

no movable parts in it, even the batterie is soldered and fixed although its normal not a locked one (wtf?! also the battery is totaly luxury bullshit, cause taking it out, doesnt clear the cmos, and someone said already, if the bios is on a eeprom, its crashed when you set it up not correct).

. the reset button is a real one on behind, not to reset the system-options then to restart the device.
                            somehow is the bootsequence from windows not real on the emmc (if its switched off, in win you have a startup sequence gfx, but with fail but on android directly restarts to bios/cmos captcha again.

this thing is strange. when you try to reinstall the insyde bootloader after updating win, it wont do any "complete" messages just errors and bug msgs, but the loader is working. maybe there is possibility to connect this thing to a desktop pc, but no mini usb and all the updates for android and so on have to be done in the windows part, .

the wireless lan feature goes down after shutdown in hibernate in android and you have to restart the device if wifi its not working.

usb cable gamepads got no power after halfbooting android, but under win its working.

its real real real wiser to let win8.1 on it if you dont want to use a microscope, win10 is real small even in 200% .... naja i liked it.

there is a usb 3.0 controller but the ports are all 2.0.

the microphone, you seen as a driver, is the stereomix from the audiobus, which is also not working on running audio, but somehow its triggered, i seen a volumechange, not loud but present, but dont know from where and not repeatable manualy somehow,.and NEVER ever deinstall this SST sound drivers, they are special and there is no setup which will recognize it after deleting it (why ever you should do that, dont do)

everything is fixed in this device, ram, emmc, bios batterie, bios..only the touchscreen is just a pin, which you can take off.
                            and be carefull in the bios, they just stupid if there is no recovery switch for the bios, its fracked very easily.

here is not much official support for this device till now, more chaos then regular. wtf, has pipo 192309823 webshops with different 'support' and software for it?! also the real pipo's...nothing.)

there is a manual, in chinese and a tutorial.

i have the stockroms for the android part (16g or 8g, but you ever get just 4gb for apps under android and 22 gb for windows with 7gb free, if you can clean up.)
                            strangely for the original win8.1 there is no rom just for win10. (or i just no found none).

the drivers which are in the x9 are not the newest you can update them on the intel side.

i realy would like to know about the usb 3.0 eXtensblablabus driver....there is no usb 3.0 port, but win sais "you can speed up your devices when you connect to 3.0 blabla).

the emmc got a speed from 140mb/s write and up to 150 mb/s read. its a samsung chip but not mentioned by the samsung software "magician". also no s.m.a.r.t. capable and the partitions are total crap or i dont understand. about 20 partitions for android and recovery (is that the ram/memory system!?!) i dont know.....

GFX is a good one, 600 mhz core and 1 gb system memory but in bios you can max setup 32mb to 512mb oO !?

dont wonder with hdmi, the bootup sequence is silent then.

i open a pot. how many users will fail on the usb-emmc combo. i count 2 till now, coolest tip on pipo.cn --> switch the devices on and off....xd.
                            should i upload the software i already collected, so we dont need to baidu (or issnt that wished/allowed anyway?!)

x9 drivers.rar
                            pipo x9 manual.pdf (chinese, and english one but unreadable translation)
                            X9_Android4.4.4_20150908__16G.rar
                            X9_Android4.4.4_20150908_8G.rar
                            X9-pipo-bios.rar
                            Pipo-x9-win10-2015-09-07.rar (be updated to 1511 build after install)
                            InsydeQ2S.rar

about 8 gb all together

do`s and dont's:

dont switch off emmc
                            dont switch off usb

for coming back to windows, restart android with the "switch os" button from the fastaccess.... should work. if you are stucked in win, hold down home +up then power ... but this only works when the insyde loader is not active.... (i get now into insyde with power +vol up on captcha screen, but on logo screen it does something different....) ......

edit: tipp: dont search the bridge while power is on, could be that you dont need support anymore....like me...now its real brickt....no power anymore. no power button works, no support needed.....so i take a new one, with 4 gb ram...^^

Hi, can you please share the links to download the Stock firmware? I mean like this one --->Pipo-x9-win10-2015-09-07.rar (be updated to 1511 build after install)<---. I am unable to download it fron pan.baidu website. I am stucking at BIOS.

Thank you very much.

Comment

Pipo X9 - German users can visit this (my) site to communicate with me and with other users.

Comment

Working...
                              X