Something that can run PCSX2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something that can run PCSX2?

My husband is a huge PS2 fan. We have PCSX2 running on our laptop fine, but it would be so much easier to just have a TV box permanently hooked up. Any ideas for a good TV box that runs Windows (preferably dual boot because I do like the Android system) and will run PCSX2 smoothly? I've looked at some devices that have the Atom Z3735F, but it only has a benchmark of 909... nowhere near the 6000 of my laptop. Then again, I'm assuming it's the GPU that I need to be concerned about?

Anyone have any luck with PCSX2? Geekbuying has some good sales on right now: http://www.geekbuying.com/Search/?ke...windows&c=1547

Hello,

I tested what you say on a Mini Windows TV Box.
    It works, but the Limit is here the Internal Hard Drive.
    You only get 32GB with installed Windows you have max. 16GB free.
    This is not enough.
    1 PS2 Game has 8GB for example Taken5.
    Take a look at this Device on Geekbuying.
    China-1 Stock | Buy Tronsmart BJ19 Mini PC Intel Valleyview-M/D J1900 Quad Core HDMI AC Wifi Gigabit LAN Bluetooth 4.0 XBMC KODI VGA - Black online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

You can connect this to the TV, but you need to add your own Memory and Harddrive/SSD.
    But that´s good you get the Best Performance.

Neomode

Comment

Thanks, Neomode! What about something like this? http://www.geekbuying.com/item/MEEGO...-0-355528.html

It has the Intel Atom Cherry Trail x5-Z8300 and a Gen 8 GPU. Everything is already there (RAM, ROM) including a licensed copy of Windows 10. It also has 32GB of storage and I also have a 64GB micro SD already.

Is this too slow? Do you think it would work?

Comment

Yes, it can Work. Only Limit is Storage Space for Games.
        I have run Teken5 on the Emulator with 60FPS that´s Playable.

Neomode

Comment

There is only a select few games that my husband would play on the PS3, anyway. Mainly Mortal Kombat, lol.
          So you're sure it will work? Are there any comparable devices with the same CPU and GPU that people have tested with either PCSX2 and/or Dolphin?

Comment

Okay, I'm thinking about this one: http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Trons...hz-351938.html

I guess Meego has been installing fake versions of Windows and asking customers to crack it. It's apparently full of malware and stuff too. Tronsmart is a good, reputable company. It looks like the specs are the same as the Meego.

Comment

Nope. Looks like the Ara X5 (and likely anything with those specs) can't handle PCXS2: http://forum.tronsmart.com/forum/tro...d-dolphin#8047

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
                Hello,

I tested what you say on a Mini Windows TV Box.
                It works, but the Limit is here the Internal Hard Drive.
                You only get 32GB with installed Windows you have max. 16GB free.
                This is not enough.
                1 PS2 Game has 8GB for example Taken5.
                Take a look at this Device on Geekbuying.
                http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Trons...ck-348872.html
                You can connect this to the TV, but you need to add your own Memory and Harddrive/SSD.
                But that´s good you get the Best Performance.

Neomode
                Actually to Be exact

DVD-ROM (DVD5) Games are up to 4.7gb (Silver Bottom)
                DVD-ROM (Dual Layer DVD are up to 8.5GB Gold Bottom)
                CD-ROM (Blue Background are Standard CD ROM size
                PS1 also a cd rom (Black Background)

PS2 Emulation Works best on a Higher End PC

It May be Easier to Buy an Old PS2 (Fat one) Buy the Network Adapter For it (required to have the HDD) install a IDE Drive smaller than 700GB and Soft Mod it Using the Free MCBoot Exploit and an HDLoader or Similar Setup (if you have the old fat ps2 and a code breaker and a old ps1 game you can also exploit it that way.

I would Google, Free MCBoot tuitorial ps2 ,Running Homebrew on PS2 console, HD Loader tutorial (or if something newer is out) to get you started

I know this is off Topic but this would probably be a Better Solution

Comment

Bought an NVIDIA Shield Pro. It has the capability of emulating PS2 games, and there is an Android emulator called "Play!", but it is currently still be developed. However, Dolphin runs on the Shield, so I can play GameCube games. There are many PS2 games that also came out on GameCube.

I can also stream from my laptop, and play PCSX2 from my laptop onto the Shield.

Problem solved.

Comment

Working...
                  X