HANNspree Micro-PC SNNPDI1B (Intel® Atom™ Z3735F) Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HANNspree Micro-PC SNNPDI1B (Intel® Atom™ Z3735F) Tips

All wos working verry well untill 1511 then MS putted TH2 out and bricking all devices that wos updated to W10 or updgrading W8.1 to W10 after november 2015.
    So for making it update/gradin do this things:

1: Make a USB recovery drive of W8.1 or / and W10.
    2: Download the W8.1 OS recovery USB image file for factory install W8.1 from Haansprees suport site under "How can I recover the OS using a USB flash disk?"
    3: Befor trying updating it to W10 TH2 You must updating the firmware for the kingston S10032 EMMC disk or disabling the write cache policy for not getting a real brick of the device !!
    Firmware update and instruktion on Hannspree suport site under Trubelshuting "I’m facing problem in upgrading my Micro PC SNNPDI1B to Windows 10, how can I solve it?"

Factory image its working very good and possible going back to W8.1 (real clean! its deleting all parts of the EMMC and doing all new and installing the OS) after bricking the device with W10 TH2 and the windows key its still in bios so if You dont gett the W10 update aktivated go back too W8.1 and upgreade it to W10 and its aktivating without problem.

The kingston S10032 EMMC is a real mass bricker for all devises with it and Intel Computer stick, Asus and manny more have the same problem but no updates for the EMMC.
    After applaying the EMMC update (Little problem for getting Ubunto booting OK so its detecting the EMMC) W10 TH2 its working very good without disabling the write cache policy.

It can being possible that both can being used on other devices that have the same hardware and need W8.1 with Bing and have the crappy S10032 but You are trying it on own risk and its only tested on the SNNPDI1B.

And last my favorit from the suports site "How do I disable the hibernate feature to increase the storage space?" so the stick not falling in sleep all the time

Have a great time.

MW
    MK802IIIS/BT

Sorry for pulling up a dead thread but you are my last hope.. Do you still have the firmware update file MattWest? Hannspree seem to have removed it and I cant find it anywhere!

Comment

Working...
    X