No announcement yet.

Sunchip Wintel CX-W8 PRO (x5-Z8300)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could anyone upload the drivers extracted via powershell for this please? I tried to 'reset' my windows 10, but it got stuck at 7% and it seems to have corrupted the image. Unfortunately I did not backup the drivers before hand like here: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/export...ing-powershell

Comment

waiting on mine to be delivered..Its in NY waiting on it to be delivered..if you still need it when i get mine i will be more then willing.
      Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

I was able to fix it . My kingston usb wasn't being detected on boot so I took forever trying to boot anything from this, but I used a different usb and it worked fine.
        I was then able to robocopy the system32 folder over and then find the drivers once i had reinstalled a fresh windows 10.

It's quite a nice little unit. Unfortunately though, you need to use a card or metal rod to put the micro sd in and out because the casing around the slot is too thick to have enough room to engage the spring with your bare finger. You would think they would have fixed an issue like that by now since it's the 2nd iteration but I guess we're dealing with chinese manufacturers which never seem to thoroughly test their products.

It feels snappier than a z3735f because of the GPU, and I was surprised to find that it really does handle HEVC totally fine as long as you play in the Windows 10 app or Windows media player. CPU usage quite low during HEVC playback, except if you use VLC. VLC doesn't properly accelerate so HEVC is unplayable.
        Overall quite impressed so far for $80USD.

I wish a manufacturer would pay the extra $16USD and just put a atom x7 in this though. This at $96USD for an atom x7 would be amazing. I don't know why they shy away from atom x7 so much, it gives a lot of extra speed. With atom x7 even some dolphin emulator games can run full speed.
        I tested this unit with dolphin though, and although it all runs, speed is usually half to a quarter what it should be, but it's nice to see it run.

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsleep View Post
          I was able to fix it . My kingston usb wasn't being detected on boot so I took forever trying to boot anything from this, but I used a different usb and it worked fine.
          I was then able to robocopy the system32 folder over and then find the drivers once i had reinstalled a fresh windows 10.

It's quite a nice little unit. Unfortunately though, you need to use a card or metal rod to put the micro sd in and out because the casing around the slot is too thick to have enough room to engage the spring with your bare finger. You would think they would have fixed an issue like that by now since it's the 2nd iteration but I guess we're dealing with chinese manufacturers which never seem to thoroughly test their products.

It feels snappier than a z3735f because of the GPU, and I was surprised to find that it really does handle HEVC totally fine as long as you play in the Windows 10 app or Windows media player. CPU usage quite low during HEVC playback, except if you use VLC. VLC doesn't properly accelerate so HEVC is unplayable.

I wish a manufacturer would pay the extra $16USD and just put a atom x7 in this though. This at $96USD for an atom x7 would be amazing. I don't know why they shy away from atom x7 so much, it gives a lot of extra speed. With atom x7 even some dolphin emulator games can run full speed.
          I tested this unit with dolphin though, and although it all runs, speed is usually half to a quarter what it should be, but it's nice to see it run.
          What about KODI?
          Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Hi guys,

I install a new Windows 10, know I have problems with the wifi/bluetooth drivers. I try to install every driver I found from Realtek, still doesn't... Can you help me?
            Any one has a disk clone of the original windows?

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsleep View Post

Can you send those files from system32? Or the entire directory?

Comment

x86 or x64?

Here's my x64 drivers extracted using 'double driver' app.

Comment

Hopefully Simon's post helps you Coldicept.

A word of warning: "Reset this PC" in windows does not work properly, not with the original install or with a fresh install. It just seems to freeze and then when you try to boot it again it can't and will require a full re-install.

I haven't tried Kodi but I assume it would work as well as WMP as it uses the same sorta stuff. Wifi speed is disappointing and I think suffers from interference from the motherboard itself, I haven't tried LAN. Wifi speeds do improve if I move the box around so it might be a positioning thing.

Comment

Just got mine and windows defender found a virus. Gonna fresh install

Comment

Does it have Android dual boot?
                      Free 100Gb space for your files:
                      https://degoo.com/g/Ov7nAz0

Comment

No dualboot.

Do you know what virus windows defender found? That's a bit worrying.

Something strange is that the wifi driver comes up with a scary warning about not being able to verify the publisher when you try to install it. It is apparently a "broadcom" driver and card. But considering it isn't verified one would think it's quite possible something nasty could be hiding in there.

Comment

Normally that indicates the driver is not certified by Microsoft at this stage, so you should be ok
                          For the price the box was, its a good stepping stone to fiddle with win10 and its ways, enjoy

Cheers
                          treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I googled what it found and it says its a hack to authorize windows 10...

Working on installing Android to a Thumb drive now. Need 2 thumb drives and x86_64 version of android 50% done...let you know how it goes

Comment

Maybe Remix OS can be installed?

If i buy it from geekbuying for 84,99 usd,will i get win 10???
                              Free 100Gb space for your files:
                              https://degoo.com/g/Ov7nAz0

Comment

Please can you help error gives rar files in the image below .
                                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X