Sunchip Wintel CX-W8 PRO (x5-Z8300)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunchip Wintel CX-W8 PRO (x5-Z8300)

So there is a new revision of Wintel miniPC with new CPU - Intel x5-Z8300 CherryTrail.
    I bought it and after 2 weeks finnaly arrived. So I made some benchmarks, and stability test (because of worries of overheating like previous model).
    Click image for larger version

Name:	kFvLFr8.jpg
Views:	1434
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	561634

Name:	oFrRtlL.jpg
Views:	1421
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	561635

So after initial setup of windows 10, I run CrystalDiskMark to chech performance of internal memory:

Name:	xdsCfxu.png
Views:	1371
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	561636

I think its good result, considering my old 7200HDD perform similar.

After that I run Aida64 stability test for 10minutes where temps wont rise anymore:

Name:	PW4oLOy.png
Views:	1372
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	561637

75C for hottest core its good for mini passive cooling PC..
    PC runs 24 hours, streaming movies, browsing net etc, no problem.

I then try install windows 8.1, which runs better than W10 but theres a problem:
    Cant get work this devices:
    Serial IO GPIO Controller
    Serial IO I2C ES Controller
    Serial IO SPI Controller
    Serial IO UART Controller

(error 37, cant initialize driver)

Its looks like theres no CherryTrail X86 Windows 8.1 drivers... X64 (of course) not working and drivers for W10 X86 dont work either...

Tried install every driver that I found, manualy (.inf) or auto, tried my backuped original drivers from W10, still no luck.. Thats a shame because of that you cant really use PC, and Windows 8.1 even without drivers runs better, faster...

So if someone will be sucessfully working W8.1 32-bit (x86) on this or other Z8300 device, it will be helpfull to share your drivers and how you made it work...
    Last edited by kllr007; 03-17-2016, 12:33.

good to hear with temp at least....patiently awaiting mine in the mail...finally shipped this week..unfortunately tracking isn't working yet.
    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

I've got one of these running on x64 Windows 10 but I'm missing a single driver which I think is part of the audio system which is listed by device ID has being ES8316 AudCodec Device Driver, if anyone can assist it would be appreciated.

Edit: scrub that I've now a full set of x64 Win10 drivers. I found the Onda Obook11 drivers were just the ticket.
      Last edited by SimonC; 03-17-2016, 21:20.

Comment

You have x64 ? because what I know this one is shipped with 32bit UEFI which you cant install x64 OS...

Comment

Yes x64, it came with x64 Windows installed originally.
          The only difference I noticed was the base text.

Intel Atom x5-Z8300 Cherry Trail is the most popular processor from Intel which can be found in the mini PC. On the market we have many manufacturers and

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
          Last edited by SimonC; 03-17-2016, 22:24.

Comment

oh i see.
            Sunchip have 2 models:

So we have now 2 versions one with 64-bit uefi and second with 32-bit...

Comment

Originally posted by SimonC View Post
              Yes x64, it came with x64 Windows installed originally.
              The only difference I noticed was the base text.

Intel Atom x5-Z8300 Cherry Trail is the most popular processor from Intel which can be found in the mini PC. On the market we have many manufacturers and
              That website says the Windows 10 OS is not activated and cannot be activated. How do you get an activation key for it, and how much does it cost?
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

That website says the Windows 10 OS is not activated and cannot be activated. How do you get an activation key for it, and how much does it cost?
                I read that it costs $30 to activate.
                Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Mine came pre activated from the seller on ****.
                  i can confirm it was a legit copy as I've since reinstalled Win10 from scratch and it self activated.

Comment

Hello, I have a 2560 x 1440 /60hz Display, is this resolution supported?

Comment

Originally posted by ekihd View Post
                      Hello, I have a 2560 x 1440 /60hz Display, is this resolution supported?

HDMI is 1.4, the same as all other Wintel boxes (bar the Magicstick reputedly), so will only support 2560 x 1440 @30fps.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Hello, I buy Wintel W8 PRO (z8300). But unit come 32bit efi. 32bit efi is problem for linux. Have you anyone 64bit efi bios file? Thanks.

Comment

I have Wintel W8 PRO (z8300). But unit come 32bit efi. 32bit efi is problem for linux. Have you anyone sernd dump 64bit efi bios file?

Comment

From Geekbuying

Hello ALL,

Glad to share the firmware for wintel pro w8 pro and nexbox t11.
                            If you have any problem,feel free to leave a message to me.Thanks.
                            Download Links

Part 1
                            Part 2
                            Tutorial

Have fun !
                            Best regards

Cheers
                            treboR
                            Please consider
                            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Will be great if someone dum his 64bit UEFI bios file and post it... Maybe it will be work to flash it on 32bit UEFI machines.

Comment

Working...
                              X