Believe I've bricked my Wintel W8 - can't get into BIOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Believe I've bricked my Wintel W8 - can't get into BIOS

What I got off amazon (if needed) ShowTop Wintel Windows 10 With Bing Os Quad Core WIFI Bluetooth 4.0 1080P HD Smart Android TV Box Mini PC Media Streaming Player 2GB 32GB

Intel Atom Z3735F

I've done 100+ operating system installations of different types of operating systems (mostly windows). On this one I just want kali linux or ubuntu, but when I was playing around with the BIOS I changed something that won't even allow the BIOS to load now. I believe at this point it's bricked because it won't even load the BIOS now.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. I've never encountered so many problems with something so simple as installing an operating system.

Unplugging the CMOS battery didn't reset the BIOS and I believe this is different in that aspect.

Any ideas? I can't load from a USB. Before or after this problem.

----------------------------------

second problem. Can't get the USB to load. Both 2.0 and standard for what I use for other stuff.

Bios: aptio utility - 2013
    1. In the BIOS I set the priority of the USB to load at the top.
    2. Secure Boot Mode: Disabled
    3. I've also tried the EFI --> BOOT methods, but no luck with that either.

I could also try to re-do the BIOS, but the problem is the USB won't load on startup.

Tried:
    Kali Linux
    Ubuntu (currently)

I've used three different types of software such as rufus to get the USB set up.

Eufi Is a pain. I found out too. Odd BIOS won't work. Good luck finding a solution. R u pressing ESC or delete when booting....maybe different keyboard needed.
    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
      Eufi Is a pain. I found out too. Odd BIOS won't work. Good luck finding a solution. R u pressing ESC or delete when booting....maybe different keyboard needed.

That doesn't work. Probably should of included it only loads a blank screen with a single white underscore in upper left hand side.

EUFI has been a major pain.

Comment

Sunchip CX-W8 is an Intel Atom Z3735F TV box running Windows, but I've been informed that originally Sunchip designed it for WeTek in order to manufacture

My buddy Jean-luc over at cnx-software has this http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/04/...icking-method/
        Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

And read all the comments

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
            And read all the comments
            I tried that guide and downloaded the files and tried to do it, but the BIOS wouldn't load it or let me do it. That's been the problem the 3 or 4 USBs I've used wouldn't allow that to happen.

I'm guessing I need a programmer at this point. I'll have to wait until I can save the cash needed for that.

Comment

Im on the same point as you, no tv signal any news?

Comment

Originally posted by niro View Post
                Im on the same point as you, no tv signal any news?

I'm buying a programmer here soon. I stopped fiddling with it for now. Just going to do it the right way at this point. Sorry I can't be more of help on this issue. LMK if you figure something out.

Comment

I don’t know how may people still reading this threads, maybe I found a way to recover CX-W8 bios.

We need to get a usb-rs232c cable and solder it directory to flash rom.

The rom is winbond W25Q64FV, it can rewrite via SPI connect.

Please check this article how to flash rom via FT2232( it is likely used ordinary usb-rs232c cable).

Attached Files
                  Last edited by dinosauria; 01-24-2018, 07:53.

Comment

Working...
                  X