Openelec on Tronsmart ARA X5 Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Openelec on Tronsmart ARA X5 Plus

HDMI Audio Output under Linux fixed on Tronsmart Ara X5 Plus Great news, thanks to the cooperation between  GeekBox & Tronsmart developers,  OpenELEC 7.0 ROM has been released to fix HDMI Audio Output under Linux kernel 4.4/4.5. In an effort to avail OpenELEC in Geekbox,  the development team haven been customizing a dedicated firmware and will share with our customers as soon as it passes through […]
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

X5 Plus only or X5 too?
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Just plus now.
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

A bit disappointing that they have not considered the original.

I'm going to install to run from a flash drive and see if it will work on the X5.

Comment

Awsome let me know.

Comment

Due to Bios I think you will find it will not work.
            Cheers
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Yes that is true with the latest BIOS.

All bootable options unavailable.

I did manage to install it to a flash drive and boot it from other devices, with WiFi working, although despite this, no connectivity could be made with any internet/network services apart from partial SMB, where authentication is always refused.

Comment

Somebody was telling me today how they had used this test build of LebreELEC on their Z8300 box.

Whilst not able to test on my X5, I was able to compare performance against the Tronsmart/Geekbuying build on various other devices and the LibreElec build was far more functional.

Would be interesting to see how it does perform on the X5 Plus in comparison.

Comment

Hi.

Why only for ara x5 plus? what are the differences with ara x5 standard? I tried to put openelec in an usb drive and it boots but I don´t install into the emmc due to this post.

Comment

Originally posted by threpwood View Post
                    Hi.

Why only for ara x5 plus? what are the differences with ara x5 standard? I tried to put openelec in an usb drive and it boots but I don´t install into the emmc due to this post.
                    Have a look here.

I tested it and it works on the original X5.

Comment

Thank for your answer Bluesmanuk.

Does It means that on LibreELEC everything works except Wifi and BT in the ara x5? that´s good news, I don´t use neither of them. What are your experience about your tests? better performance than Windows 10?.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by threpwood View Post
                        Thank for your answer Bluesmanuk.

Does It means that on LibreELEC everything works except Wifi and BT in the ara x5? that´s good news, I don´t use neither of them. What are your experience about your tests? better performance than Windows 10?.

Cheers
                        That is correct.

In terms of performance, it works well enough and of course boots faster.

If all you need is Kodi then it will do a good enough job.

No HD passthrough of course but hopefully that will come further on down the line.

I did also test the official Librelec, which stated that it had added sound support for Cherry Trail but found that there was no audio at all.

Use Macrium Backup to take an image of your Windows setup so that you can always go back to Windows if you find that librelec is not for you.

Comment

Thanks for all the info! I didn´t know Macrium Backup. If I finally test LibreELEC I will post my experience here.

Comment

Source: Tronsmart Forum

Hi
                            Here my latest version based on Kodi 17rc1, Kernel 4.9 and few other changes + added full support HDMI multichannel audio (PCM 7.1)
                            www.sendspace.com/file/04112s

Please leave me feedback how audio works im actual without power adpater for my ARA X5 plus so i dont have possibility test.
                            THX.
                            treboR
                            Please consider
                            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Working...
                            X