Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vorke V1 Intel Braswell Celeron J3160 4/64G SSD Windows 10 MINI PC Gigabit LAN BT4.0 HDMI/VGA Output USB3.0 - Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of shots-in-the-dark. I have a different Wintel box that had trouble displaying after I disconnected HDMI cable before the device was fully off. Evidently it caused some sort of glitch, next boot got no display from either the monitor or the device's inbuilt display. Using a wired KB, pressing and holding Ctrl+Alt then while holding those press and release F5 and then F6. This got my display working, but as stated, bit of a shot in the dark.

Another shot in the dark, with power removed, reseat the memory module(s), if equipped. Also, if you have any other compatible memory modules, swap it and see if any change.

I wish you well, hope you don't have a hardware issue.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, I will try them before I send this device back.

Interesting comment about the WINTEL box. While the Vorke was frozen, my TV shut itself off, I wonder if it would have had the same effect as disconnecting the HDMI?

To answer a previous question, the power supply seems to be working fine. White LED which eventually flashes as the device goes to sleep. I can also barely hear the quiet fan.

Comment

I tried a few options listed above, but had delayed opening the Vorke completely for fear of breaking the clips and not being able to return it. I was sure that RISCy Dude's suggestion of key combinations would work, but it did not.

Today I finally decided to open it up, using a credit card to gently get the top off. I used a suggestion from the geekbuying support thread that RISCy dude helped with. I pulled the CMOS battery, and shockingly, the Vorke booted fully on HDMI! It's working through Windows updates now, hopefully that won't be a problem again.

Assuming I can get updated, anyone know how to resolve the following?

1) Is it possible to disable Bluetooth independently of WiFi? EDIT - Figured it out. Once the update completed, the option showed up in settings. Was not there before Windows updates.

2) Any way to use the Infrared port? I emailed Vorke 2 weeks ago but never got a response. I'd love to use my Harmony remote to power thus guy up.

Even if it crashes out again, thanks for all the help.
        Last edited by PolloLoco; 12-07-2016, 14:28.

Comment

hello just got mine from dhl can anyone tell me how to install windows 8.1 i dont like ten at all got as far as the hdd selection but get errors any help ty all

Comment

Originally posted by PolloLoco View Post
            Today I finally decided to open it up, using a credit card to gently get the top off. I used a suggestion from the geekbuying support thread that RISCy dude helped with. I pulled the CMOS battery, and shockingly, the Vorke booted fully on HDMI! It's working through Windows updates now, hopefully that won't be a problem.
            Hi I have the exact same problem with my Vorke V1. The power light is on but the vorke does not power on.

Where exacly is the CMOS battery? I cannot find it.

Comment

This is what you is looking for
              Click image for larger version

Name:	sltu2f.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	649894
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Awesome. It worked.
                Thanks for the help. Been pulling my hair out over it. I

Comment

Well here we are Easter 2018 been happily chugging away as my Plex server...24/7
                  Nearly 2 years now, does at it should with ease, was going going to replace it with the newer Vorke
                  But the rule if it ain't broken why fix
                  Latest Win10 does the job well

treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                    Well here we are Easter 2018 been happily chugging away as my Plex server...24/7
                    Nearly 2 years now, does at it should with ease, was going going to replace it with the newer Vorke
                    But the rule if it ain't broken why fix
                    Latest Win10 does the job well

Mine to, got one shortly after release and it's still running as sweet as a nut.... I'm thinking of adding a V1 plus, while having a look on geeks store I noticed there's an ir remote available, looks interesting which made me check the V1s bios. It need updating to use the remote. Fine me thinks or so I thought... No matter what I try, several different usb sticks before you ask, followed geeks instructions to the letter but no joy... The usb shows up in the f7 boot prompt but is not being discovered in the command line... Anyone who's done a recent bios update have any suggestions for me to try?

Comment

I've solved my own problem - What's confusing about the update info on Geeks site for both the V1 & V1 Plus is the explanation of how to update the bios, and when extracting the zip file you are presented with the contents but not a folder with the name of the update.

1: Download the correct file for either your V1 or V1 Plus

2: Create a folder named either; Vorke_V1_BIOS_T134U116 or Vorke_V1_Plus_B0.9_E1.0 - the first is for the V1, the following applies to the Plus model

3: Extract the contents of the downloaded zip file to the folder you just created and named (please see point 2)

4: copy the newly created folder with its contents to the ROOT of a USB thumb drive and insert into any USB port of the Vorke - make sure it's recognised and picked up by windows.

5: Shut down, then reboot hitting F7 to enter set-up screen

6: Select UEFI: Built-in EFI Shell and hit ENTER - you will be presented with a Command line prompt window

7: Find the location of you USB thumb drive - mine happens to be fs1 as I have no other HDD installed - Geeks example is fs2

8: Below the locations you'll see the word Shell> type in either fs1: or fs2: t hen hit ENTER

9: Now you'll see the location you typed in, either fs1:\> or fs2:\> now type exactly the name of the folder you created, in my case Vorke_V1_BIOS_T134U116 hit ENTER

10: Now you see the words fs1:\Vorke_V1_BIOS_T134U116> type f and hit ENTER sit back and watch it update your BIOS, the Vorke will shut down after the flash is complete - Reboot, hit F7 during the post to check your new BIOS, exit Bios - done!!!!

USD 159.99 Free Shipping, Wholesale Price, VORKE V1 Plus Intel Apollo Lake J3455 4K@60hz 4GB RAM 64GB SSD Windows MINI PC 802.11AC WIFI Gigabit LAN Wake-on LAN Bluetooth4.2 HDMI & VGA Output USB3.0

Comment

Working...
                      X