Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vorke V1 Intel Braswell Celeron J3160 4/64G SSD Windows 10 MINI PC Gigabit LAN BT4.0 HDMI/VGA Output USB3.0 - Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the Information will check it out
    Cheers
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

RemixOS v3.0.202 64bit. Boot from 120GB SSD.
      Video OK, Ethernet, Wifi OK, Google Play OK, but no audio on HDMI.

Comment

Hello,

Would it make sense to use this machine as a mix of TV media player and a NAS? Does it support Wake on LAN?

Comment

Yes I recall seeing it does support WOL and would pretty well as a Media Player.
          Cheers
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Great news. Thanks, trebor

Comment

Trebor - since you have pictures of the heatsink and fan off, in your opinion how feasible would it be to replace with a totally silent heatsink? Right now, is it two pieces, or are the fan and sink one piece? Thanks.

Comment

Hi PolloLoco

I did not consider that option as I found the fan was not annoying,
                I recall space was limited, plastic box, and not a lot of circulation.
                The fan was acting like exhaust thru its vent.

Rebox the unit in a metal type case you could get creative very easily.

Have a look around FanlessTech you may get some ideas from reviews.

treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thank you Trebor for the quick response. Funny, I had searched Fanless Tech and bookmarked it before I posted on your thread. ☺️ Was it easy to take the fan off without damaging anything?

I'm probably going to sleep on it and decide whether to pull the trigger. My Kangaroo Desktop has been super disappointing as an HTPC. I like how upgradeable this one is.
                  Last edited by PolloLoco; 11-13-2016, 22:54.

Comment

All pretty easy just take your time.
                    All good hope it works out well,

treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Bad luck. I ordered via DHL and got it yesterday, really quick shipping. I plugged it in and got it going, and was really impressed by how quiet the fan was. It reved up while downloading Windows updates, but was otherwise inaudible. I happily thought I wouldn't need to mod.

But that's where the good news ends. After the restart due to Windows updates, it froze and wouldn't take inputs from my K400 mouse/keyboard. In case it needed to complete the update, I let it run overnight. In the morning it was blinking in sleep mode. I tried to wake it up with the K400. No luck. Pressed the power button and the light went solid, but I had nothing but a black screen on my monitor. It seems totally dead.

I didn't even get to use it for anything. It was dead in under an hour. I've used Geekbuying for years and this is the first big problem I've had. I will contact them now, but I hope they won't screw me over.

Comment

I just found windows Updates (other day) have been Upsetting the Vorke1 it a little,
                        Was using the Insiders Build, went a bit crazy, fresh install fixed it all, and no Insiders.

Try running of the VGA port if you have or a proper PC monitor it the lights are on it's not dead as we know it.
                        Some HDMI TV's can not read the DOS type failed to boot I am sick screen.
                        Hold power button 10~15 second off then try again,
                        treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thanks Trebor, that's a good suggestion. I'll use my old VGA monitor and report back.
                          ​​​​​

Comment

Additionally, you may want to use a wired KB while testing.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. Since yesterday I tried a VGA monitor, nothing but a black screen. I tried a Windows 10 USB drive - it wouldn't boot, nothing but a black screen. I was contacted by a Geekbuying rep, and tried to create a boot usb with the Vorke V1 firmware, but couldn't get anything but a black screen hitting F7 on my keyboard. I've also tried 2 TV's and a handful of HDMI cords.

Reading the comment from RISCy Dude, I went down to my basement to dig up my USB keyboard. Still no response, hitting F7 repeatedly after i powered on the PC got me nothing but a black screen.

I reported all this to the Geekbuying rep - and told her I believe I need to send this back to be replaced or repaired. A shame because I never even got to use it! It died during initial (official) windows updates.

If you have any other suggestions, please let me know. Since I can't even get the Bios screen, I'm guessing there must be an issue with the display hardware (HDMI and VGA).

Comment

You do have the power indication at the on off switch ?
                                Delete key taping at power on ?
                                Power supply, maybe
                                treboR
                                Please consider
                                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Working...
                                X