Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VORKE V2 Mini PC Intel Skylake Ubuntu1 6.04 8G DDR3L Samsung SSD 802.11AC WIFI Gigabit LAN USB 3.1 Type C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VORKE V2 Mini PC Intel Skylake Ubuntu1 6.04 8G DDR3L Samsung SSD 802.11AC WIFI Gigabit LAN USB 3.1 Type C

Click image for larger version

Name:	v1.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	607622

Name:	v2.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	607620

Name:	v3.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	607618

Name:	v4.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	607619

Name:	v5.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	607617

Name:	v6.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	607621

Geekbuying
    Last edited by trebor; 11-04-2016, 18:54.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Here we have demo of the V2 doing its thing Geekbuying
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Drivers for Vorke V2 WIN10, 8 and 7 have just been posted on the blog.geekbuying

Win10 x64 driver

Win7-8.1 x64 driver

Cheers
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

That was quick, seems serious. Nice touch. These things seldom precede the device.

Comment

A few photos of the guts of the i5

Antutu

Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

HS looks like copper, but wonder if it is anodized or plated. Either way looks good.

If only the AnTuTu score was a little higher.
            Not used to seeing 6 figure scores. i5 taking care of business.

How's the heat?

Comment

I'm pretty sure its copper Dude iv had a good scratch and all I can see is copper

The heat is not a problem the fan takes care of that,

The out side of the box has not gone above 29c so far,The max on the inside on the heat sink was just over 50c

Comment

More info

VORKE V2 Ultra Compact PC Intel Skylake I5-6200U Ubuntu16.04 8G DDR3L 128G Samsung SSD 802.11AC WIFI Gigabit LAN HDMI USB 3.1 Type C

Hi Guys and Girls,
                This time we have a real beauty of a device from the our friends at geekbuying the New Vorke V2

The device arrived in 10 working days snail mail with no tax's to pay

Lets start with a some highlights from geekbuying

Highlights

Ubuntu16.04 pre-installed
                (Windows can be installed very easy but you will need to do this your self)

Intel Core i5-6200U
                Intel Core i5-6200U is an ULV (ultra low voltage) dual-core SoC based on the Skylake architecture. In addition to two CPU cores with Hyper-Threading clocked at 2.3 - 2.8 GHz (2 cores: max. 2.7 GHz), the chip also integrates an HD Graphics 520 GPU and a dual-channel DDR4-2133/DDR3L-1600 memory controller. The SoC is manufactured using a 14 nm process with FinFET transistors.

Built in (Almost silent)temperature controlled Fan with a large what i think to be a copper heat sink

DDR3 8GB RAM, 128G SSD
                It boasts DDR3 8GB RAM, 128G SSD (M.2 SSD), advantageous in performance, security and reliability, ascribing to the eMMC memory, ultimately delivering a richer end-user experience.

IEEE 802.11ac
                IEEE 802.11ac, one of the wireless networking standards in 802.11 family, is developed in the IEEE Standards Association process for the purpose of high-throughput wireless local area networks (WLANs) on the 5 GHz band.

Gigabit LAN
                Gigabit LAN provides a data rate of 1 billion bits per second.

Other Features
                Ultra compact PC design at only 0.6L (39 x 124 x 129mm).
                Supports 2.5" HDD/SSD, 7.0/9.5 mm thick (1 x 6 Gbps SATA 3).
                Dual display with HDMI+USB-C(Buy adapter of USB-C to HDMI/DP).
                VESA mounting Bracket (75 x 75mm + 100 x 100mm).

Applications
                Office Work: Office, skype, yahoo, outlook and all other office requirement support and runs perfectly.
                Design Work: Photoshop, CoreIDRAW, Dreamweaver, IIIustrator, Flash, Indesign and others.
                Game Playing: Support most of the online games and PC games, like Warcraft, Counter-Strike (CS), support 3D games.
                Entertainment: Support 4k video play, XBMC and others.

Device ports and locations

Its good to see a USB Type c port on the V2 that can be used as Dual display with HDMI+USB-C(You will need to Buy an adapter of USB-C to HDMI/DP).

2 x USB 3.0
                1x USB-C 3.1 Gen 1
                1 x Head phone & Mic Jack
                1 x HDMI ™(1.4b)
                2 x USB2.0
                1 x RJ45
                1 x DC-In
                1 x Kensington lock slot

Internal Expansion Slots:
                1 x M.2 SSD 2280 slot (Optional 128GB/256GB of flash storage)
                1 x PCIe M.2 NGFF 2230 Key-E slot occupied by the Wi-Fi+BT card
                1 x 2.5 in SATA 6.0Gb/s (7.0 / 9.5 mm thick)

On the front of the V2 you will find the two USB 3 Ports, 3.5mm Headphone jack,along with the USB 3.1 Type C connector.Both sides and bottom of the box also has plenty of vents in to help with the cooling,The V2 has a metal body with plastic top & bottom.

And on the rear you can find the Power port,2usb ports,HDMI port,RJ45 port,and the locking point.

The first thing i did after connecting it up to the tv was to boot in to Umbutu Thats pre-installed on the M.2 SSD,
                The first boot took a bit longer but its now booting into Ubuntu between 15/20s.

Some internal photos

After i had finished playing around with Ubuntu i fitted a 2.5" SSD AND installed windows 10 on it,Very easy to do if you have a copy of win 10 to hand.
                That install went without issue,I then installed the drivers in the driver pack here Driver pack

I installed the drivers one by one rebooting after each one so all that took a while to compleate but again a very simple process.

And wow im impressed with everything.
                The boot time on the v2 is very fast at around 15 seconds to complete & 3/4 seconds to shut down.

The in built temperature controlled fan is doing a great job of keeping the V2 cool the Fan does not run all the time it kicks in if and when it is needed at different speeds and in most cases its only one for a minuite or so,The fan is very quite indeed most of the time i did not even notice it was running.

To boot into the Bios you press f2

To boot into the boot Menu press f10

Antutu

Crystal disc

Disc Manager

Device Manager

CPU Z

Wifi

Some stress testing

Vorke Temperature's
                Heat is not an issue on the Vorke v2 The Device has been running 5 hours with an one hour stress test

Outer caseing Temperature

Inside of the vorke v2, Temperature

This was the higest temperature recorded

Whats in the box

1*VORKE V2 Ultra Compact PC
                1*HDMI Cable
                1*Power adapter(a right power adapter will be sent according to your shipping country)
                1*Manual
                1*VESA:Bracket included and screws included
                Supports 75 x 75 and 100 x 100 mm

Basic Unboxing video

Comment

Nice evaluation and write up blinkone.

Copper is first class, looks like a solid unit overall.

Thanks for the feedback ref temps and HS.

Comment

This Looks like the Place for another Vorke V2 look see..
                    What Fine piece of gear this is,
                    Switch on smooth and easy and we had Linux, as I have no current use for Linux,
                    20 or so minutes later Win10 Installed Latest 1607 all drivers, did not need Drive Pack.
                    Drivers If required

Drivers for Windows 10 64 bit OS:

Drivers for Windows 7/Windows 8.1 64 Bit OS:

As blinkone has stripped it down I can save my warranty and leave this together (thanks Blinky)

As we can see Vents and lots of them must have been a special this week

treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

VORKE V2 WINDOWS INSTALLATION GUIDE

Hey guys, Glad to share the Windows installation guide for Vorke v2 Tools Required:U disk of 8GB or above, ISO image file Download windows OS ISO image file Download Boot disk preparation tool, take UltraISO as example Boot disk preparation Run [ UltraISO]software, click the  File【文件】at the upper left and open , locate the ISO image file【ISO镜像文件】, select the Target File【选中文件】 and open Forward to 【UltraISO】window, […]

Comment

I want one.............................
                        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Yep its a pretty fine piece of Kit, working well and not noisey.....
                          WiFi \ Ethernet good speeds....Like it.
                          Do it, treat yourself to a NYE Unit

treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                            Yep its a pretty fine piece of Kit, working well and not noisey.....
                            WiFi \ Ethernet good speeds....Like it.
                            Do it, treat yourself to a NYE Unit

You sure are easy with my $$$$ Also noticed they are including a free Bluetooth keyboard, but this PC does not have Bluetooth. Very strange.
                            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Would the Beebox-S series with Kaby Lake be a better buy?

Of course I don't really need one anyways, just looking and drooling.

Comment

Working...
                              X