No announcement yet.

CHUWI HiBox Mini PC Android 5.1 + Window 10 Dual OS 64bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you have narrowed it down to an issue specific to Samsung TV's.

Have you contacted Samsung to see what they say?

When you do send your mail, give them the specific model numbers of your TV's so that they can investigate further.

Have you tried a factory reset of the TV's?

There seem to be a lot of threads on the internet about his issue with Samsung TV's.

One solution is to switch off the TV at the mains for a few minutes an then plug back in and try again.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

I have tried it on two of my Samsung tvs and another Samsung tv at my parents. All had the same issue.

I have factory reset my tv a few times and then contacted Samsung. They remotely logged in to my tv and found no issues.

Anyone on this forum using the hibox with a Samsung tv? Would be interesting to know.

To me it seems like the tv cannot handle the start up frequency/signal up until it boots in to Android. Furthermore, it cannot handle the frequency/signal from boot to windows. Only way to force it to Windows is switch to Windows after logging in to Android...

And thanks bluesmanuk, I have tried everything you mentioned

Could it be I just have a defective hibox? Then again if that was the case it shouldn't work on different brands of tvs..

Comment

If the HiBox works on another brand of TV then that should rule ut the box as having any form of hardware fault.

What you could try is to gauge when the OS boot chooser would normally appear on screen and then use the remote to move the selection icon from left to right in the background and see if Windows will boot.

I'm guessing that whilst there is an issue in displaying the option, it still works in the background.

It may well be that Chuwi could make a software change to the initial GUI.

Comment

Hi, after system updates, both windows that android Chiuwi HiBox Hero would not start more 'with the Windows system so I tried to do a reset with the back button now continually reboots only appears Chuwi logo and reboots constantly what can I do ? can someone help me?

Comment

Originally posted by ghipson View Post
            Hi, after system updates, both windows that android Chiuwi HiBox Hero would not start more 'with the Windows system so I tried to do a reset with the back button now continually reboots only appears Chuwi logo and reboots constantly what can I do ? can someone help me?
            Sounds like a restore to factory might be be easiest next step.

I've written a basic guide on how to do this back at post 44.

Comment

Hi, I tried to follow the instructions of the post 44 but nothing happens, it is impossible to access the bios using the ESC key. I tried both with USB sticks that with SD cards but the result is always a bootloop of Chuwi logo. There are other tips to solve the problem? Thank you so much

Comment

Hi, I tried to follow the instructions of the post 44 but nothing happens, it is impossible to access the bios using the ESC key. I tried both with USB sticks that with SD cards but the result is always a bootloop of Chuwi logo. There are other tips to solve the problem? Thank you so much
                I cannot access the bios either using ESC as I've now installed a keyboard... Or maybe mine does enter bios but i can't see? See my issue on post 60

Comment

Hi, you can restore the values of defoult the bios if you like you can 'do considering that I can not in any way access to windows or Android and pressing the ESC key at startup nothing happens I also tried F1, F2 .... F12, you have not 'can access the settings of the bios. please help me. thank you so much

Comment

Hi, you can restore the values of defoult the bios if you like you can 'do considering that I can not in any way access to windows or Android and pressing the ESC key at startup nothing happens I also tried F1, F2 .... F12, you have not 'can access the settings of the bios. please help me. thank you so much
                    What brand of tv are you using? Try plugging your box to a different tv and see what happens.

Comment

Pressing ESC on a keyboard works for me every time.

You just keep hammering it as soon as you switch it on.

I have my keyboard plugged into the front USB port nearest to the SD card slot.

Comment

hello, as I said is not a TV problem, I have tried both of LG, Samsung and Philips, I thought it was the fault of the wireless keyboard so I switched to a USB cable, but nothing to do with the screen always shows the Chuwi logo does not enter bios , do not start both the sd card usb stick that in practice I have a HiBox Hero with just Chuwi logo screen and nothing else. Or was it already faulty or there is' something that escapes me.

Comment

The fact that the Chuwi logo comes up means that the BIOS must be functioning.

Have you been able to get to the BIOS before and change fastboot to enabled?

If you press and hold down F2 when switching on what happens?

Comment

oh man i just bought this box and getting it in tomorrow. but if you all are having problems after doing the first boot update im not sure i wanna do that. Man, any thoughts when i get it? Should I do the first boot update?

Comment

I have updated both Android and Windows and it is working.

I did lose Android for a time for no apparent reason but a fresh install was successful and have been running it for a while now.

Comment

no I never entered in bios, I knew how to get in only after having had the problem, and by reading the 3nd.Non can not understand what happened, I can not use the product and I can not contact anyone either from Chuwi site (the e-mail are not delivered using the addresses provided by their website) is the seller gearbest to ask what I can do or if there is a repair center in Italy ....

Comment

Working...
                                X