Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alfawise X5 Mini PC - Intel Atom X5-Z8350 2GB DDR3 + 32GB ROM Gig LAN Windows 10 Android 5.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KY69 View Post
    Yes, my boxes boot directly into GRUB. I made a few changes in the boot section of the BIOS, which should not affect any OS as far as being able to boot or not, just the boot order and devices available for booting. I enabled Fast Boot, set USB Support to Full Initial, and set Boot option #1 to my Linux installation in the USB HDD.
    thx for the details, my box now does boot on my win usb install dongle directly, great !
    I can try to boot an efi windows from usb3 and see how stable/fast it is.

I previously disabled the "switchnow" menu to get it to boot directly to the onboard win10 but i don't think it matters, i actually don't know what that switchnow.exe does, probably messes with the EFI config too..

Don't bother with that usb3 thing, i used to have some troubles booting from usb3 ports on early usb3 pc motherboards and have no idea how those "new" low power systems actually support usb3, seems to be completely functional.

- now, related to your problem the picture below shows the current (vanilla) EFI config of my device, ignore the first one which is my USB install dongle where i dropped the Shell.efi binary, notice the second "VenHw" Android-IA entry which is apparently bogus according to online comments.

That second Android-IA efi entry is also displayed with EasyUEFI on windows and is labeled as "hidden", no idea where it comes from i would say it was there to begin with as i barely touched that box so far and realized i didn't boot android even once after booting it earlier today..

The weird thing is that EasyUEFI does see the android EFI partition (second partition on the disk) but will not touch it so i can't make a backup of it with that tool..

i could probably dd it from a linux live boot, i could dd all the android partitions for that matter, so you can overwrite yours, if you haven't touched your gpt table that is..
    let me know..

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I am searching for an entire initial clone image of 32 GB ROM (Clonezilla or similar). Can someone share the image? Thanks.

Comment

Finally, I find out how to flash Android + Windows on Alfawise X5 in the initial condition.

Disclaimer: Follow this procedure at your own risk.

Warning: This procedure wipes all data so I recommend doing a full backup before to flash the firmware.

Download link from Gearbest Customer Support:

Windows 10 X5: https://beelink-my.sharepoint.com/:u...9FwfA?e=i4DaQW

Android X5: https://beelink-my.sharepoint.com/pe...3wY5C-CRbFznEs

Download link from Chuwi Forum: https://forum.chuwi.c om/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3394&extra=page%253D1 &page=1

Android Chuwi HiBox: http://www.mediafire.com/file/bu73xx...ox_Android.rar
        1. Format USB Flash Drive FAT32
        2. Download, unpack and copy all files from Android X5 firmware on USB Flash Drive
        3. Download, unpack and copy only EFI directory from Android Chuwi HiBox firmware on USB Flash Drive
        4. Insert USB Flash Drive at the first USB2 port, the USB Keyboard at the second USB2 port
        5. Power ON the X5 and press ESC many times to enter the BIOS/UEFI and select USB Flash Drive to boot
        6. Now start the flash procedure, it during about 15 minutes and require several restart/reboot automatically
        7. At the end of the flash procedure, you can view the Android System up and run
        8. Format USB Flash Drive NTFS
        9. Download, unpack and copy all files from Windows 10 X5 on USB Flash Drive
        10. Insert USB Flash Drive at the first USB2 port
        11. Restart X5 from Android and press ESC many times to enter the BIOS/UEFI and select USB Flash Drive to boot
        12. Now start the Windows Installation procedure automatically
        13. Reboot

That's all.

Comment

Hi,

is someone using this as a mediaplayer?
          My usage is mostly kodi (x264/x265 files) in FullHD, Netflix and Amazon video.

Comment

Originally posted by lezioul View Post
            Hi,

is someone using this as a mediaplayer?
            My usage is mostly kodi (x264/x265 files) in FullHD, Netflix and Amazon video.
            Yes, it is good for mediaplayer.
            I use kodi and potplayer because they use hardware accelerate codec/feature

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

No Root for Android?

Comment

Originally posted by niquelfer View Post
                  No Root for Android?
                  No root. If you want a rooted Android, please try and install Android X86 on a USB stick.

Comment

Hello to all.
                    Does anyone have an original drivers backup for windows 10? Not the Beelink ones... i've tried those and still can´t instal audio drivers.

Comment

I installed a clean install of X5 on a single boot of Windows 10. Authentication of the product key will result in an error. What should I do now?
                      I made a note of the product key before installing cleanly.

Comment

Originally posted by FilP View Post
                        Hello to all.
                        Does anyone have an original drivers backup for windows 10? Not the Beelink ones... i've tried those and still can´t instal audio drivers.
                        here the drivers required:

Comment

Originally posted by kaz11 View Post
                          I installed a clean install of X5 on a single boot of Windows 10. Authentication of the product key will result in an error. What should I do now?
                          I made a note of the product key before installing cleanly.
                          If you reinstall windows 10 on X5, you lost the key. I have lost 2 keys. I suggest this simple and fast solution: buy a new key for few dollars on the web and make a full backup windows 10 installation with the key configured for future restore. Unfortunately I do not know why Microsoft does not recognize and associate the key with hardware of the X5

Comment

Originally posted by rkpisanu View Post
                            rkpisanu .... thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by rkpisanu View Post
                              If you reinstall windows 10 on X5, you lost the key. I have lost 2 keys. I suggest this simple and fast solution: buy a new key for few dollars on the web and make a full backup windows 10 installation with the key configured for future restore. Unfortunately I do not know why Microsoft does not recognize and associate the key with hardware of the X5
                              Thank you. I will do according to your proposal.

Comment

Can someone help me? I just brought this mini pc. I don't have the manual, can someone send me a link, i can't find it anywhere. How you power on the pc, i think i am doing something wrong and the pc keeps hanging up. How you enter to bios, esc doesn't work, some times F7 works. When i am powering on the pc i get no bios screen. I installed Xubuntu 18.04 but most of the time the boot hangs. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X