Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alfawise X5 Mini PC - Intel Atom X5-Z8350 2GB DDR3 + 32GB ROM Gig LAN Windows 10 Android 5.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    I have just installed Windows 10, cleaning all partitions (removing Android), and also Linux in a small partition, but it still boots the Android-Linux chooser. Do you know how to remove it?
    Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by rbn64 View Post
      Hi,
      I have just installed Windows 10, cleaning all partitions (removing Android), and also Linux in a small partition, but it still boots the Android-Linux chooser. Do you know how to remove it?
      Thank you.
      How did you get it to boot from USB to install Linux? F10 at the Intel screen?

Comment

Originally posted by rob0809 View Post

How did you get it to boot from USB to install Linux? F10 at the Intel screen?
        Going to BIOS: push ESC several times when it is starting. In BIOS go to last tab (save and exit) and there you have the "Boot override" section and there select the USB drive.

Comment

Going to BIOS: push ESC several times when it is starting. In BIOS go to last tab (save and exit) and there you have the "Boot override" section and there select the USB drive.
          Yep I made the same

Comment

Thank you very much. With your help, I was able to boot from the USB drive. Has anyone ever tried to install Pfsense on one of these? I'd like to add a USB 3.0 gigabit NIC and make it a router.

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by rob0809 View Post

Thank you very much. With your help, I was able to boot from the USB drive. Has anyone ever tried to install Pfsense on one of these? I'd like to add a USB 3.0 gigabit NIC and make it a router.

Thanks again!
              I have no experience with FreeBSD lately, but with Linux and this new Intel Atom CPU's could require a little effort to make work the wifi and sound on HDMI drivers. I usually follow the guidelines of linuxium https://linuxiumcomau.blogspot.com.e...mentation.html

Comment

I have no experience with FreeBSD lately, but with Linux and this new Intel Atom CPU's could require a little effort to make work the wifi and sound on HDMI drivers. I usually follow the guidelines of linuxium https://linuxiumcomau.blogspot.com.e...mentation.html
                Thanks again! I won't need sound or HDMI but I'll give that a look.

Comment

I have this device and i have to say im happy i sell it. Never see so bad video expirience .I do have Beelink z83 -playback of every file including heavy 4k was excellent,but this one have troubles with 1080 even. I try different players Kodi and Pot Player with hardware acceleration- terible droping frames .If you take this unit for syntetic test its ok,but practical...Android part is bad too,smooth playback is not possible,i hope they will change software,at least Beelink is same machine ,but untill than i will not give my money for this one

Comment

Originally posted by filnirv View Post

Hi
                    Yes I can. Please can you send me the copy?
                    Many thanks for your help
                    Any tales of success? I need to reinstall Android too.

Comment

Does anyone know where to download the files for a complete reinstallation?

Comment

Hi
                        My problem is with intel hd graphics driver, it crash windows. If I disable the driver everything works except hdmi sound.
                        Any solution?
                        Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by filnirv View Post
                          Hi
                          My problem is with intel hd graphics driver, it crash windows. If I disable the driver everything works except hdmi sound.
                          Any solution?
                          Many thanks
                          I use "DriverBoosterPortable" after reinstall, and it fix my problems with drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by lukimaz

I use "DriverBoosterPortable" after reinstall, and it fix my problems with drivers.
                            I made the same but after a while windows crash again due to intel hd graphics

Comment

Originally posted by kukowontz View Post
                              Does anyone know where to download the files for a complete reinstallation?
                              I answer myself, got this links from gearbest service

Windows OS firmware:

Android OS firmware:

[email protected]

Comment

Any chance to post only hdmi sound driver?
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X