Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alfawise X5 Mini PC - Intel Atom X5-Z8350 2GB DDR3 + 32GB ROM Gig LAN Windows 10 Android 5.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It works now. For some reason, you have to connect the keyboard at the second usb port.

Comment

I have just registered and read this forum completely. I just want to make sure about the correct method to remove the Android part, in order to free up more space for Windows.
      So, can someone please tell me?
      Wim

Comment

Originally posted by wimdirks View Post
        I have just registered and read this forum completely. I just want to make sure about the correct method to remove the Android part, in order to free up more space for Windows.
        So, can someone please tell me?
        Wim
        The easiest way is:

1) Buy on the web a Microsoft Windows 10 Key for few dollars
        2) Download and install Windows 10 from Microsoft site, deleted all old partitions on x5
        3) Install the drivers missing from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vR-...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Thanks,
          The problem is that I am very happy with the current windows install with all added programs. So if at all possible, I would prefer not to install Windows again.
          Would it be possible just to delete all Android partitions (which ones are they?) and then add the space to the windows partition?
          Thanks in advance
          Wim

Comment

Originally posted by rkpisanu View Post
            Finally, I find out how to flash Android + Windows on Alfawise X5 in the initial condition.

Disclaimer: Follow this procedure at your own risk.

Warning: This procedure wipes all data so I recommend doing a full backup before to flash the firmware.

Download link from Gearbest Customer Support:

Windows 10 X5: https://beelink-my.sharepoint.com/:u...9FwfA?e=i4DaQW

Android X5: https://beelink-my.sharepoint.com/pe...3wY5C-CRbFznEs

Download link from Chuwi Forum: https://forum.chuwi.c om/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3394&extra=page%253D1 &page=1

Android Chuwi HiBox: http://www.mediafire.com/file/bu73xx...ox_Android.rar
            1. Format USB Flash Drive FAT32
            2. Download, unpack and copy all files from Android X5 firmware on USB Flash Drive
            3. Download, unpack and copy only EFI directory from Android Chuwi HiBox firmware on USB Flash Drive
            4. Insert USB Flash Drive at the first USB2 port, the USB Keyboard at the second USB2 port
            5. Power ON the X5 and press ESC many times to enter the BIOS/UEFI and select USB Flash Drive to boot
            6. Now start the flash procedure, it during about 15 minutes and require several restart/reboot automatically
            7. At the end of the flash procedure, you can view the Android System up and run
            8. Format USB Flash Drive NTFS
            9. Download, unpack and copy all files from Windows 10 X5 on USB Flash Drive
            10. Insert USB Flash Drive at the first USB2 port
            11. Restart X5 from Android and press ESC many times to enter the BIOS/UEFI and select USB Flash Drive to boot
            12. Now start the Windows Installation procedure automatically
            13. Reboot

That's all.

I would like to go back to exclusive android SO. I used this tutorial, but after step 5 i got this error message after the boot "efi \ boot \ BOOTX64.efi is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or bach file".

Comment

Originally posted by niquelfer View Post

I would like to go back to exclusive android SO. I used this tutorial, but after step 5 i got this error message after the boot "efi \ boot \ BOOTX64.efi is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or bach file".
              I don't know what causes the issue but a better Android experience I recommend Android X86.

Comment

I don't know what causes the issue but a better Android experience I recommend Android X86.

I tried android x86 (8, 7.1, remix and 6.0), but the performance was weird and very laggy, can't even run a 1080p movie. I returned to W10.

Comment

Originally posted by niquelfer View Post

I tried android x86 (8, 7.1, remix and 6.0), but the performance was weird and very laggy, can't even run a 1080p movie. I returned to W10.
                  If you can afford 35 USD you can buy arm tv box:

China-1 Stock | Buy W95 Android 7.1 KODI 17.3 Amlogic S905W 2GB/16GB 4K TV BOX WIFI LAN HDMI CEC - Black online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

and you have both worlds...

Comment

The easiest way is:

1) Buy on the web a Microsoft Windows 10 Key for few dollars
                    2) Download and install Windows 10 from Microsoft site, deleted all old partitions on x5
                    3) Install the drivers missing from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vR-...ew?usp=sharing
                    I completely wiped the Alfawise X5's (I purchased 8), and reinstalled windows 10 pro.
                    This left me without audio, Bluetooth and a handful of other system drivers.
                    This download link, had all the drivers I needed.

I used device manager, to update driver and pointed it at the "Default string 19-Dec-17 11-05-25 AM" folder for each unknown device.
                    Now the Alfawise is happily playing Spotify for the office.

Thank you heaps!

Comment

I need to PXE boot the Alfawise X5. Has anyone here done that before or heard of somenone doing it? Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hello,

any idea how to skip that 6s boot screen with Android or Windows selection?

BR

Comment

hi, just a quick feedback concerning that x5 box :
                          i tried to use it with win 10 again last month after leaving it in a drawer for most of the year.

i installed win10 pro from usb stick, deleted all existing partitions.

win 10 installed smoothly, but after getting to a user desktop and installing all 1809 updates, i still get the random crashes i got after updating win10 from the stock win10 install.
                          Some audio / intel / bluetooth thermal drivers were missing and installed them from m$ cab archives, then every peripheral seems to work fine.

i thought the crashes were related to the usb3 port but no, i will crash randomly, either with a blue screen or a reboot,
                          i must mention that i got those crashes right after updating win10 from the stock version, that's why i decided not to use it with windows.

tried various 12v 5A power supplies, same result. i disabled wifi / bt / audio, no change, i read that it's something with the intel hd gpu driver, i haven't investigated that, but it was installed from the windows update, so eventually it would overwrite a manual install..

i don't know if my device is faulty, i don't think it is as ubuntu 18.10 runs perfectly, not a single crash after 3 days of use.

So i would not recommend using that box for windows 10, or updating win10 from the stock version which is also not a good choice.

Comment

Someone pls help me..installed cloudready on my mini pc x5..everything looks good fast booting good web surfing experience..but driver is still buggy for my samsung tv display and intel hd igpu..so i need to reinstall windows back...problem is i dont know how the hell cloudready literally wipe the boot logo (android/win boot logo and intel)..as soon as i turn on the pc it boot straight to cloudready logo skipping bios..i cant enter bios now..every key pressed from f1 to f12 del nothing happened..i tot i probably turned on the fast boot so i tried to clear cmos by disconnecting the battery...still nothing..removed battery, removed power cord, pressed hold power button for 2 minutes still the same..i even turned on the pc with no battery it still boot straight to cloudready. .now im stuck..5times power on and off, reset and power on,reset like 10 times..nothing..someone pls help!!

Comment

Can anyone send me the bios flash rom please? I have updated with an incorrect version and now my X5 don?t boot many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Kayler View Post
                                Can anyone send me the bios flash rom please? I have updated with an incorrect version and now my X5 don?t boot many thanks
                                here's a dump from my x5 bios, done in win 10 using Aptio V gui tool.
                                Did 5 dumps, 2 had different sums, 3 identical.

not sure how you'll update it but well..

Comment

Working...
                                X