Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ACEPC AK1 Mini PC - Intel Celeron J3455 Windows10 4GB DDR3 + 32GB eMMC 1000M LAN BT4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike go for Vorke V1 or V1 plus thats what i whould do.

Comment

very close but also 64gb emmc, does it have internal hd support for storage ?, would rather a hd vs a usb drive for media storage.

I also got this for a controller, is there a better and hopefully larger version, its lil small for my liking

Comment

Vorke doesnt have emmc it has ssd m.2
        and also extra sata for hdd or additional ssd 2.5.
        the controller you have is perfect i also have a similar one. and some thing that i have forgotten Vorke have a remote control but you have to buy it seperatly and update the bios to be functional

Comment

the remote could be wonderful if its completely compatible with windows 10, is windows 10 just home or pro ?, how is cooling on it as I don't see external ventilation openings and it may be streaming
          flix @ 4hrs ?

Comment

Mike we are hijacking the acepc ak1 thread its not fare, the remote its compatible, Vorke has a fan inside and ventalations left and right, windows 10 home unless you have a pro key, for more do a search in google vorke v1 teardown.

Comment

well the ak1 suffered a hardware failure and would unexpectedly turn off, so on to another device.

Comment

Blazer. Did you use any method to change TDP of your N3450 SoC inside AK1? Even so it shouldn't fail so easily because there is quite beefy cooler and what's more it covers RAM.
              Edit: Sadly PMU (or PCU - Power Control Unit) - Power Management Unit (RT5074A) isn't covered by this cooler.

Before throwing that box into trash bin try to find new 12V power adapter. That is my first thought when dealing with random shutdowns.
              Last edited by Gormar; 10-24-2017, 17:54.
              RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
              Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
              bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

no trash, refunded, doesn't use n3450 in ak1 but didn't change anything inside, and it wasn't failing because of overheat, apparently the bottom ssd port was problem as after shutoff ssd was corrupt.

Comment

Bottom USB-C port or hard drive bay is faulty on many of these AK1 devices .
                  Last edited by Gormar; 10-25-2017, 16:57.
                  RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                  Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
                    well the ak1 suffered a hardware failure and would unexpectedly turn off, so on to another device.
                    So sad to here about that probably a faulty device?
                    Gormar
                    And how did you assume about that i am just asking because i am curious where did you read about faulty usb-c port?

Comment

Originally posted by aeolous View Post
                      Gormar
                      And how did you assume about that i am just asking because i am curious where did you read about faulty usb-c port?
                      I was considering buying this device. Then I found reviews on amazon like that:
                      "Issues I have: can't seem to get the hdd formatted for whatever reason. I'll try to do so from an enclosure and see if that works or the issue is a power limitation thing."

or this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post

I was considering buying this device. Then I found reviews on amazon like that:
                        "Issues I have: can't seem to get the hdd formatted for whatever reason. I'll try to do so from an enclosure and see if that works or the issue is a power limitation thing."

or this one.
                        Thanks Gornar good to know i also read the reviews
                        thanksbfor pointing them out.

Comment

I am looking for the option in the BIOS to auto recover after power failure but am finding nothing for the ACEPC AK1. Does anyone know where or how to do this? Thanks.
                          Last edited by Bcarroll; 12-18-2017, 16:40.

Comment

Hi to all does anybody have all the drivers for the acepc ak1 I need them asap

Comment

Windows should pick them all up ok i think you will find
                              treboR
                              Please consider
                              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Working...
                              X