Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ACEPC AK1 Mini PC - Intel Celeron J3455 Windows10 4GB DDR3 + 32GB eMMC 1000M LAN BT4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trebor
    commented on 's reply
    I sent an email to the ACEPC people ( bit busy myself to test)
    They say just image it over, not 100% convinced

• trebor
    commented on 's reply
    V1 plus

V1

• aeolous
    replied
    Mike we are hijacking the acepc ak1 thread its not fare, the remote its compatible, Vorke has a fan inside and ventalations left and right, windows 10 home unless you have a pro key, for more do a search in google vorke v1 teardown.

Leave a comment:

• Blazer
    replied
    the remote could be wonderful if its completely compatible with windows 10, is windows 10 just home or pro ?, how is cooling on it as I don't see external ventilation openings and it may be streaming
    flix @ 4hrs ?

Leave a comment:

• aeolous
    replied
    Vorke doesnt have emmc it has ssd m.2
    and also extra sata for hdd or additional ssd 2.5.
    the controller you have is perfect i also have a similar one. and some thing that i have forgotten Vorke have a remote control but you have to buy it seperatly and update the bios to be functional

Leave a comment:

• Blazer
    replied
    very close but also 64gb emmc, does it have internal hd support for storage ?, would rather a hd vs a usb drive for media storage.

I also got this for a controller, is there a better and hopefully larger version, its lil small for my liking

Leave a comment:

• aeolous
    replied
    Mike go for Vorke V1 or V1 plus thats what i whould do.

Leave a comment:

• Blazer
    replied
    I don't think trebor ever tried to boot from the internal msata drive, if the system cannot boot from the new drive I will be looking for another option, what I need is

4gb ram
    quad core intel proc
    ability to boot from 120 gb hd at min, larger is better
    win 10 X64 pro
    mini box
    @ $200.00 us funds

any recommendations are welcome, tia, Mike

Leave a comment:

• aeolous
    replied
    Blazer i am glad you ve got the key, i really hope that the ssd you have ordered to beng seen as a bootable drive let us know.

Leave a comment:

• Blazer
    replied
    used nirsoft and got key, thanks

I can enter bios using esc at boot, the ssd isn't being seen as a bootable device but can be used as storage, I have ordered a Samsung 850 evo 250gb msata drive to install into the board directly
    to see if bios will see it as a bootable drive, if so ill image to that drive and maybe be good to go.

@ aeolous u gota like to the one u mentioned ? I got this one thru the jungle at a fair price I guess, fingers crossed it'll work out.

Leave a comment:

• aeolous
    replied
    If you are meaning for the product key then use this program
    Recover lost product key (CD-Key) of Microsoft Office 2003, Office 2007, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows 7, and more.

Have you being able to get in to bios and how?
    For me if you can't install windows to another drive ssd or hdd and the only option is the emmc that leaves after the win updates etc with 16gb of storage, then doesnt worth my attention.
    There is other mini pc's like the vorke v1 plus with no such limitations and in the same price range.

Leave a comment:

• Blazer
    replied
    what is the best tool for finding the correct key in win 10 as of today ?

I used windows imaging to create an image both before and after activation, and tried to restore the image to the ssd but that failed to see the ssd as a drive to restore to, my bios options
    don't display an advanced option and the bios seems locked to the emmc drive as the only boot drive allowed, tried a couple unlock tricks but no luck so far.

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    One would think it could be, not tried,

I think you would need to blank the internal C:
    If it sees windows on emmc it may say nope not going to do it.
    Boot from USB to install window,
    Hope it can see both emmc and ssd and install on SSD, speculation at this stage

Make sure you get your win10key just in case.

Leave a comment:

• Blazer
    replied
    just found the site and joined, good to know someone has some experience with the acepc ak1, got mine yesterday and seems to be a nice lil box.

ive installed a known good Samsung ssd evo 120 gb in the ssd bay and windows can see it somewhat, bios does not.

trebor I see your screenshot shows that win 10 sees the msata but can windows be installed to that drive instead or is windows locked to the emmc chip ?

Leave a comment:

• aeolous
    replied
    Try F7 and see if it gets in to bios.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X