No announcement yet.

Intel HD500 Overclock Apollo Lake Soc with N3450. Is it possible? change ratio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel HD500 Overclock Apollo Lake Soc with N3450. Is it possible? change ratio

Hi, i have many dubts about the possibility to change frequency at intel HD500: i have started reading intel datasheet for Apollo Lake and under chapter P-unit, I've noticed that is possible to read\write the ratio power of GPU (RW), page 1864 volume2.
    I also noticed that with old video driver (before Feb 2018) GPU can go up to 700MHz only when cpu load is lower than full stress; while with the newer gpu driver the gpu goes up to 450MHz with aida stress test so the newer driver manages in a different way the GPU ratio directly from windows.
    GT Hardware P-state control request is located MEM register 32bit offset 8068h (P_CR_GT_HWP_REQ_0_2_0_GTTMMADR)
    and 7-0bit are RW and include Quality of service P-state: the gt driver programs this to definite a desidered performance floor. This floor is useful as a hint to power and thermal control algorithms to balance system resources appropriately in order to ensure a minimum graphics performance floor. Described in 16.67MHz reference clock units,e.g. a ratio of 24 results in a clock frequency of 400MHz.
    Does any know how to access to this memory part? I'm using Rweverything program but i can understand how to insert the correct address.
    I belive should calculate address mixing my data,like reported in other intel document, where Memory address is given by PCI Express Configuration Register (ex. F0000000h)+ Bus Number (ex.15h)+ Device Number(ex.00h)+ Function Number (ex.05h)+ Register Offset (ex.84h)...total memory address F1505084h.
    So if VGA is Bus 00, Device 02, Function 00 how can access to MEM register?
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Could this be of some use?

https://techtablets.com/2017/08/increase-apollo-lake-tdp-boost-intel-hd-graphics-performance-80/
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

That solution increase tdp but not change gpu multipler.
      with old gpu driver clock goes up to 700mhz while with newer only up to 450mhz. Reading datasheet is possible to write in MEM register to choose gpu multipler and i belive is possible to fix it on 700mhz always or upto 750mhz like jseries with the same tdp

Comment

Working...
      X